Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans vs Hawthorn Grand Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohan will be the target in GF.
Reguardless of the outcome of tomorrow's game I think you guys should be congratulated on yet another fantastic year and a very well deserved GF appearance. The amount of crap your boys have copped from round 1 all season has been unjustified, Goodes, Franklin all that crap, none of it. I won't lie it's really painful watching that 23 run around but that guy still brings a massive smile to my face. Sit back and enjoy what will be another bumper game tomorrow night.

Congrats and all the best.

Great post.
Port is really promising but Hawks are much better side.
Good luck today.
See you in GF.

Im not worried about ted short term surprised some are, he was no different to normal, defenders can defenders can look bad way more easily than anywhere else, long term different story.

Hope reg is ok, presume he may be sore at the very least,

Reid played his best game in a while and got hurt, still got in the way early, we can cover him thats for sure
I love Teddy and what he has done but he has bean beaten by JR , Pav ( last 2 games ) and Petrie who if kicked straight would of had 5 or 6.

Team defence I know but I think Roughy could get a hold of him , even Shultz.

Going forward I think he becomes a 3rd tall ( glass role ) as 33 is pushing it playing on the power forwards week in week out but probably for another thread

As ever, our defence is built on playing off and helping each other. Greater than the sum of its parts and all that jazz. Richards and Grundy are fair to good one on one but they aren't Daniel Talia or Harry Taylor by any means. Nick Smith is great one on one and Dane Rampe is getting there nicely in that regard too (while on the lesser forwards, Shaw, Rohan and Malceski are very solid too) but our two big defenders generally need help from each other, the other defenders, or from the midfield ensuring that the ball coming inside 50 is patchy and not free-flowing.

Grundy should be fine against Hale/Ceglar who won't be able to burn him on leads but Roughead poses a big threat to Richards. He'll need help and a bit of it if we are going to keep him under 4 goals I feel.

As ever, our defence is built on playing off and helping each other. Greater than the sum of its parts and all that jazz. Richards and Grundy are fair to good one on one but they aren't Daniel Talia or Harry Taylor by any means. Nick Smith is great one on one and Dane Rampe is getting there nicely in that regard too (while on the lesser forwards, Shaw, Rohan and Malceski are very solid too) but our two big defenders generally need help from each other, the other defenders, or from the midfield ensuring that the ball coming inside 50 is patchy and not free-flowing.

Grundy should be fine against Hale/Ceglar who won't be able to burn him on leads but Roughead poses a big threat to Richards. He'll need help and a bit of it if we are going to keep him under 4 goals I feel.

All starts in the middle if we let them get clearance after clearance then yer Richards is vulnerable, we control the middle then Roughhead threat scales down considerably.

Kurt Tippett knows what he thinks about next week..you couldn't even remove the smile surgically from his face last night in the rooms..he was rapt!

View attachment 81199

I can't see Kenny in that picture.

is there a reason it only shows the top half of Kurt?

All starts in the middle if we let them get clearance after clearance then yer Richards is vulnerable, we control the middle then Roughhead threat scales down considerably.

Not sure why everyone is worried about Roughie.

I am more concerned with shutting down Schulz and Robbie Grey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Teddy and what he has done but he has bean beaten by JR , Pav ( last 2 games ) and Petrie who if kicked straight would of had 5 or 6.

Team defence I know but I think Roughy could get a hold of him , even Shultz.

Going forward I think he becomes a 3rd tall ( glass role ) as 33 is pushing it playing on the power forwards week in week out but probably for another thread

Agree long term thats why if we keep membrey i think reid is the answer back

For this week i have faith in team defence, ted still intercept marks, but he probably needs more help than previously. But if our midfield allow their forwards (whoever we play) one out ted will be in trouble especially lace out, but continual entries even the best defender is under the pump

I've just got home, nursing a hangover and my throats red raw.

What a game. If we can keep this going into next week we'll give it a decent old crack.

Ben McGlynn you're almost there buddy, your hard work has got you where you wanted to go, you can see home over the horizon. Only one more hill for you to climb and you've reached your destination. Nobody deserves this more than you! Make it yours!

And Luke Parker doesn't need All Australian, I'd prefer a Norm Smith too!

We're so close, here comes the most excruciating, agonizing week of our lives. This week is going to be hell, and I love it..

Up the Bloods!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back