Autopsy 2nd Prelim Final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Hawks got the calls in the end but Port's kicking cost them

But gee, Port will be a huge shot of making the Granny next year..........they are good side

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
What an appalling call right at the end of the game. Umpiring was a fair bit 1-sided throughout the game, some very obvious throws unpunished, as well as drops and scragging tackles. It was going both ways, but when there's favoritism to the home side it really makes it hard for the opposition. Just the small things you notice, like Hawks always having 2-3 seconds longer than Port to make their kick from behind the mark.

Gutted for Port and Hawks, they're going to get smashed next week.

At least there's 2 umpires who won't be going around next week.

Entei

Senior List
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well they were literally wearing yellow. Wouldn't even penalise the Hawks when they tried umpiring the game themselves.
Yeah I get that, being as unbiased as I possibly can yeah the Hawks got the rub of the green. Still, can't neutrals enjoy a great game of attacking footy? Even if the underdog lost it was still an amazing match, even with the dodgy umps.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The problem I have with that HTB decision is it goes against the moment of the game. By the book it was the correct decision, Jonas dived on it, but when your team is three points down and you have no idea how much time is left you are going to throw your whole body at the ball to try and win it for your team. He wasn't diving on it to hold it in which is what the rule is there for. Poor form from the umpires imo.

Anyway, we didn't deserve to win. We had our chance to stamp our authority on this game in the first quarter and stuffed it. Hawthorn took all of their opportunities when they were presented. Roughy is an absolute gun.

Gibson on Monfries was never a free kick. That was what got Port back into the game.
2nd Quarter 5 Matthew Stevic decisions lead directly to Hawthorn goals, you'd want to hope he gets named for the GF otherwise you're screwed

Skerret

Cancelled
Jun 5, 2006
Fantasia
AFL Club
Geelong
Umpire should be sacked. No idea.
This.

Port absolutely robbed. If I ever, EVER see another Hawk nuff-nuff whingeing about free kicks, as they do in every single gameday thread even if they aren't playing, I will explode and take most of Hawthorn with me. Cheating, whining, front running simpleton pricks who are Bradburying their way through as usual. You are pathetic Hawthorn. You are mentally weak and will get rolled ever so comfortably next week. Cheated your way through as you do every single week. Try winning instead of having it gifted to you. Never has a team been so favoured. Talentless, spiritless shitpiles, and that's just the supporters.

Fantastic effort Port, deserved to win.

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was definitely there.

Yeah we get the picture, you think every Hawthorn free isn't there, and every Port free is. My favourite part of the autopsy thread so far has been your consternation upon realising Hawthorn now have a chance to better Geelong's recent record by trumping them with a back-to-back. Must suck to be a Geelong supporter right now.

Mark_K

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Screw Gold Coast & GWS, Port are going to be damn scary if they get 2 home finals at Adelaide Oval next season.

A step in the right direction for that club.

Class from Kochie and Boak at the end of the game as well.

scatman john

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U, Ravens, Red Sox, Rip City
LAUGHABLE!

90% of people on here have the same opinion. yes, hawthorn played very very well and port kicked poorly but you can't argue that hawthorn didn't get some very favourable decisions at crucial times. i'm not saying it won the game for them but it does really annoy supporters of the sport to see it happen in a match like that

Cant believe they paid that against Gibson.
Cant believe they paid that against Mitchell.
Cant believe they paid that against Spangher.
Might want to rewatch the 2nd quarter again before you say anything about the umpires

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah I get that, being as unbiased as I possibly can yeah the Hawks got the rub of the green. Still, can't neutrals enjoy a great game of attacking footy? Even if the underdog lost it was still an amazing match, even with the dodgy umps.

It was a great game to watch, in the end bad kicking is bad football and you guys were too skilled ball in hand.

Back