Dangerfield to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

You're right. Roos, Stone and co lost all ability to coach/develop players the second they came to Melbourne.

Yeah, point taken. But did you perhaps consider that their ability in this area was over-rated / over-stated in the first place?

Over the journey, Roos has benefited from some seriously generous press evaluation of his performances and this year he was always going to get kudos for any small improvement (that inevitably would happen anyway, when you start from a point where performance couldn't possibly be worse).

Yeah, point taken. But did you perhaps consider that their ability in this area was over-rated / over-stated in the first place?

Over the journey, Roos has benefited from some seriously generous press evaluation of his performances and this year he was always going to get kudos for any small improvement (that inevitably would happen anyway, when you start from a point where performance couldn't possibly be worse).
Other than being a premiership coach that broke the longest drought in footy history. Oh and he created the Bloods culture.

You're right. Roos, Stone and co lost all ability to coach/develop players the second they came to Melbourne.
Ok whatever then, I don't give a s**t if ya rate our youngsters or not but in previous years you've been s**t at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What part is untrue?

Well, every year there's a premiership coach, and it's not all down to the coach that their team won. Some have been won despite the coach. So, it doesn't make him special per se.

Swans culture (LOL) is no different from Geelong culture or Hawthorn culture. Mature successful sides all share it. Nothing to do with "Right Place, Right Time" Roos. I'm not saying he's a s**t coach, but he's happy to milk the press adulation that is completely over the top. He's average good, like most of them. Looks really good against Neeld of course, but again Roos isn't the salient element of that comparison, is he?

Your development coaches? C'mon man just cos he did well at Sydney doesn't mean it's gonna happen with you.

Think about what you're saying. All the people who have who were responsible for the poor development are no longer at the club, everyone who is now at the have an excellent record.

Now, with that in mind explain to me your reasoning.

*This should be good

Think about what you're saying. All the people who have who were responsible for the poor development are no longer at the club, everyone who is now at the have an excellent record.

Now, with that in mind explain to me your reasoning.

*This should be good
Let's see if you're recruiters are doing a good job then

I see, get towelled up so your tactic is to completely ignore the argument and post about something completely irrelevant.

Nice try but no cigar kid, please stop trolling
Alright then mate, you can expect Paul Roos and the new development coaches to do a good job but you know as much as I do which is nothing and that you have no idea if your under 21 players will turn out good. They may have a good history at other clubs but that doesn't necessary translate to your club. Have you looked at our list at all lately? Or are you just assuming your under 21 players will be better than ours?

Alright then mate, you can expect Paul Roos and the new development coaches to do a good job but you know as much as I do which is nothing and that you have no idea if your under 21 players will turn out good. They may have a good history at other clubs but that doesn't necessary translate to your club. Have you looked at our list at all lately? Or are you just assuming your under 21 players will be better than ours?

My response to your post has nothing to do with the Adelaide list, I really don't care about any comparison between the two clubs. I wanted to see if you had anything to back up your trolling comments.

Quite clearly you didn't, but I didn't expect that you would. Just another troll really, enjoy your night.

My response to your post has nothing to do with the Adelaide list, I really don't care about any comparison between the two clubs. I wanted to see if you had anything to back up your trolling comments.

Quite clearly you didn't, but I didn't expect that you would. Just another troll really, enjoy your night.
Happy with Roos and co. As I'm sure Bailey01 will be with whom ever is the next coach at Adelaide.

Ok whatever then, I don't give a s**t if ya rate our youngsters or not but in previous years you've been s**t at it.

I didn't say anything about Adelaide, was merely pointing out that your point wasn't well made. FWIW I think Adelaide's youngsters, particularly Crouch are excellent. With the loss of draft picks after the Tippett scandal though, the depth isn't fantastic.

Not really, no. Roos took his Sydney team from being good to being good enough to win a flag and almost win a second with what was deemed an OK list. He is excellent at identifying talent that will fit in to his gameplan and at creating a culture that will enable players to thrive.

As for the kudos he's received for this year, I'd say it's been fairly minimal. As a club we had gone backwards every year since 2010 and had some horrific losses along the way, yet this season we were at least competetive for the most part. There were still a few unacceptable performances, but with another season of education and a fresh injection of talent I'm confident we can step forward again next year which is something I haven't said in a good while now.

Dont feed the angry frustrated trolls you are wasting your time. Ignore button your life will be so much better.

Goodwin raided the lab before he came over to Melbourne is what he meant.
Bloody hope so... Ive heard that the High Altitude stuff isn't bad ether, maybe we could get our hands on some of that stuff...lol... Though its of no use to us without the AFL nudge and wink... Lol.. And our club hasn't got enough brown paper bags for those...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back