Will Langford - Have I been living under a rock?

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He had a poor game.

Mission accomplished.

Give him some credit, he was still in and under and created many 'break evens' in contested situations. Seeing Sewelly get run down and struggling with the pace of the game has sealed Langfords apprenticeship graduation for 2015.

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I would take 6 of Bartels possessions over 17 of Langfords.

Bartel's possessions are fairly innocuous, just little accumulators, which is why he's better at Dream team than super coach.

Langford has some grunt, wins clearances, contested possessions and can burst clear of a pack.

At this stage of their careers he's ahead of Bartel.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Huge game from Langford... He's an animal around the packs and seems to get some ridiculous clearances. Hopefully he keeps this up and becomes a champion midfielder for us.

We need a legendary name on the field again what with JK3 dominating for Sydney.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
BOG? Are you a nutcase?
Who stood up for you when it was there to be won . . . same old players in Hodge, Mitchell and Burgoyne. The others stopped and allowed Port Adelaide to do as they wished (Langford included) as Boak went on a rampage in the final 10 mins of the game.

Come back and quote me if Hawthorn lift up the cup 5:45pm next Saturday.

29 possessions, 17 contested, 6 tackles, 9 (10?) clearances, 1 goal and had a direct impact in numerous other contests/clearance situations. He was obviously one of the best on ground, anyone watching the game would be able to tell you that.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
he is unbelievable

I had no idea how good he was and just thought he was trading on the name
When he first came in he looked really raw, like he was just getting a game because he could run all day.

His improvement in 4 months has been immense. he went onto Boak who carved us up in the first, curtained his influence and got us back into the game. I reckon he was BOG. His defensive side of the game as well is amazing. Considering we got smashed in contested possessions early and he won a lot of ball in the second was telling

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
29 possessions, 17 contested, 6 tackles, 9 (10?) clearances, 1 goal and had a direct impact in numerous other contests/clearance situations. He was obviously one of the best on ground, anyone watching the game would be able to tell you that.

again, come back at me when the superstar lifts up the cup 5:45pm next Saturday arvo. Until then, keep this ridiculous thread to the Hawthorn board where it belongs.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
again, come back at me when the superstar lifts up the cup 5:45pm next Saturday arvo. Until then, keep this ridiculous thread to the Hawthorn board where it belongs.

Fair enough re: the board.

But you can't deny he was one of the best on the ground - which was my point. The game next week has nothing to do with it beyond him being a major part of getting us there today.

This ridiculous thread wasn't started by a hawk poster
I really don't see the significance of you wanting to see him lift the cup to acknowledge that he is going okay
Reeks of sour grapes bobby, but then that doesn't surprise
How good was your avatar tonight - 6 goals. Pretty special wasn't it bobby

All players are spuds unless its the last Saturday in September and they're holding a cup :thumbsu:

God forbid people give out some praise :rolleyes:

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers

Not to mention shut out Boak after half time who was BOG in the first half.

Back