Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I will give you a little example, Caden Wilson won the William Leitch medal for best in the whole comp, here are his previous years performances at state league level

2010 26 goals, 5 times in best players
2011 41 goals, 3 times in best players
2012 33 goals, 5 times in best players
2013 33 goals 4 times in best players
so it is fair to say he was consistently a good small forward who kicked a few goals without really starring, then he goes to the SFL and he produces
63 goals and 13 times in best players.
Now I am not having a go at Caden for one minute but he has virtually doubled his amount of goals and tripled the amount of times he gets in the best players when dropping back a level. I think it is a pretty fair indication of the difference between the two and don't forget we are talking about the best player here let alone the rest of the New Norfolk team. It is a massive step and yes the Eagles may look fantastic when they play but you have to take into consideration who they are playing against and if faced with tougher opponents how would they go then?

couldnt agree more. SO many people underestimate the jump in standard as a whole from SFL/NTFL/NTFA to TSL. New Norfolk would get run off their legs in TSL. they have half a dozen who could (and should) have a crack at TSL and would be quality players, and another half dozen who would be handy at the next level. But they would get found out MASSIVELY as a whole group. as would Wynyard, as would South Launceston.

AusFootyNewsNetwork ‏@ausfootynews 2m
TSL NEWS Former Carlton defender Marcus Davies has signed a three year deal as playing assistant coach with the Tigers.

Well thats a good start to 2015 for the club. If they can pick up a couple more experienced players (maybe get some of their own guys back from the Eastern Shore:rolleyes:), they will be much more competitive. That will be good for the competition.

Well thats a good start to 2015 for the club. If they can pick up a couple more experienced players (maybe get some of their own guys back from the Eastern Shore:rolleyes:), they will be much more competitive. That will be good for the competition.

Absolutely, just to have a player with some experience and knowledge from being in the AFL be able to pass it on to the younger players is massive, look what Aaron Cornelius was able to do for Glenorchy all be it he had more talent to work with but it is good starting point for the Tigers.

Absolutely, just to have a player with some experience and knowledge from being in the AFL be able to pass it on to the younger players is massive, look what Aaron Cornelius was able to do for Glenorchy all be it he had more talent to work with but it is good starting point for the Tigers.

Looking to next season, I see that Lauderdale have reappointed Winter. I wonder how the other coaches sit at this stage?

I recon both Burnie & Clarence would feel this year was a big disappointment. Burnie didnt even make the finals & Clarence, after lots of recruits & a great start to the season, crumbled in an embarrassing tide of whinging & moaning. Neither club takes failure very well.

Obviously Devonport have made a move to a playing coach. Launceston must be at a crossroad. Glenorchy have lost the playing services of Cornelius which will hurt them & I think 'North City' are on the right track with their youngsters.

Its only early I know. But we might get some more moves yet, one would think.

Will anyone else go?

Looking to next season, I see that Lauderdale have reappointed Winter. I wonder how the other coaches sit at this stage?

I recon both Burnie & Clarence would feel this year was a big disappointment. Burnie didnt even make the finals & Clarence, after lots of recruits & a great start to the season, crumbled in an embarrassing tide of whinging & moaning. Neither club takes failure very well.

Obviously Devonport have made a move to a playing coach. Launceston must be at a crossroad. Glenorchy have lost the playing services of Cornelius which will hurt them & I think 'North City' are on the right track with their youngsters.

Its only early I know. But we might get some more moves yet, one would think.

Will anyone else go?

Burnie and Launceston both only have first year coaches so you would think with big player turnovers this year in both clubs they would get another season at least, the rest seem pretty much locked in apart from Drury and I reckon he will get another crack at it.

Burnie and Launceston both only have first year coaches so you would think with big player turnovers this year in both clubs they would get another season at least, the rest seem pretty much locked in apart from Drury and I reckon he will get another crack at it.
If Drury not locked in now then you would have to conclude he is gone. Thurley would have to be the shortest of favourites.

Yes well done to both clubs. In sadder news apparently some poor Clarence kid was king hit by a Lauderdale senior player at half time of the reserves. :( hope it's not true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you. Very sad indeed. Hope the young lad is ok. Certainly best handled by the police.
It will be interesting to see if Lauderdale make any comment.

Don't believe everything that some clown puts on facebook is all I have to say!!!!!

Don't believe everything that some clown puts on facebook is all I have to say!!!!!
I think that "Clown" might be the young fella's dad and he could be a little pissed off. I hope the LFC cooperate fully with the half arsed investigation that AFL Tas will do.Before you start jumping up and down, I'm not accusing anyone and I believe the person who was initially linked with this has since been cleared of any wrongdoing by Clarence, but this is just not on and both clubs should be doing everything in their powers to find out who is responsible.

I think that "Clown" might be the young fella's dad and he could be a little pissed off. I hope the LFC cooperate fully with the half arsed investigation that AFL Tas will do.Before you start jumping up and down, I'm not accusing anyone and I believe the person who was initially linked with this has since been cleared of any wrongdoing by Clarence, but this is just not on and both clubs should be doing everything in their powers to find out who is responsible.

No doubt he is "pissed off" but that doesn't give him or anyone for that matter the right to wrongly accuse and publish someone else name on a public forum for everyone to see does it?

No doubt he is "pissed off" but that doesn't give him or anyone for that matter the right to wrongly accuse and publish someone else name on a public forum for everyone to see does it?

No it doesn't, can't do much about it, what can be done and the most important thing to be done is find out what happened to this kid, punish whoever is responsible and make sure it doesn't happen again. Unfortunately I don't have any confidence in AFL Tas that they will get to the bottom of this! they are pretty good with the old under the carpet treatment.

No it doesn't, can't do much about it, what can be done and the most important thing to be done is find out what happened to this kid, punish whoever is responsible and make sure it doesn't happen again. Unfortunately I don't have any confidence in AFL Tas that they will get to the bottom of this! they are pretty good with the old under the carpet treatment.

The Clarence player got hit by an opposition player in an all in brawl involving just about everyone from both sides, what I think Clarence will want to shy away from is how the brawl actually started in the first place.

The Clarence player got hit by an opposition player in an all in brawl involving just about everyone from both sides, what I think Clarence will want to shy away from is how the brawl actually started in the first place.

Not sure I would take the word of some clown on an Internet forum as to how this all started. Do you see the irony in this?

Not sure I would take the word of some clown on an Internet forum as to how this all started. Do you see the irony in this?

You can call me a clown if you like mate, I know what happened, Lauderdale know what happened, Clarence know what happened. I am not talking out of my ass here pal like a lot of people.

You obviously didn't see the irony.

As I said mate, I know what happened and couldn't care less who believes me, and as far as you go, your the poster who called a certain Clarence player a flat track bully aren't you? the same Clarence player who kicked 9 goals in a preliminary final last week. See the irony????

You can call me a clown if you like mate, I know what happened, Lauderdale know what happened, Clarence know what happened. I am not talking out of my ass here pal like a lot of people.
I'm not arguing with you, you are more than likely right. It is a it funny that you say don't believe everything you see on social media but you go on to say how it happened and we should believe you

As I said mate, I know what happened and couldn't care less who believes me, and as far as you go, your the poster who called a certain Clarence player a flat track bully aren't you? the same Clarence player who kicked 9 goals in a preliminary final last week. See the irony????
Stick to topic pal, that's right when your copping it you go and change the subject. We are not talking about Speedy here mate we are talking about a 16 year old receiving a belting which you are all to quick to say it wasn't any fault of the bombers, maybe a Clarence player did it. If you want to start bringing up the past pal, I could bring up a few incidents that happened down at the tip that you guys would be pretty embarrassed about, but that's not what we are talking about is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back