Autopsy Show's Over. Post Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he played better than Gordon, But Gordan outscored Lennon which is why I think they kept playing him instead.
I think They're very similar with the playing style. Lennon is a very good kick.
I would expect him to play more next season. If he has a good pre season he should do well.

But where do you play him and who do you drop?? I doubt they though Miles was going to play the way he did and he's def. secured a spot in the 22.
To me Lennon is a HBF and once he gets strength and conditioning into his body he will be fantastic
Hopefully a big preseason away from being a regular. The beauty of Lennon he can play both ends ,but I reckon we need an attacking HBF with skills and he's the man for me
Gordon is to me a FWD only who had a lot of strength and works hard both way to lock the ball In the FWD line, but doesn't have the line breaking speed that Lennon will have once his S and C builds to an AFL level and of course he is still only young

Suprising you say this as he is moving a few guys on

scape goats, who would be better with more game time

time should be called on this dud once and for all

Bellamy ???? I'm confused

he failed to get his guys up for the win, s**t match day coach obviously too focused on looking after his battler mates and making excused to protect his own contract

Oh - & I wanna ask about thoughts on Vlastuin.
IMO he had a year on par with his first, difference being he was assigned much tougher roles this season and so his influence was diminished - didn't really bust a line much as far as I can recall.
If that was by design then OK I guess but you look at his output compared to O'Meara (gun of course) & Wines amongst others.... did our coaches stifle his potential influence for the greater good in the long term?
He looked a little tired to me, unable to run out games well.

I have been away on holiday for the last 5 weeks (walking in England and then a week in New York) and didn't look at the internet until I got back. When I saw we had won 9 straight I was astounded. The loss to Port sucked, but then after this weekend just gone we know Port is the real deal.

So what I have to say is simply that to win 9 straight shows a hell of a lot of talent in the club. Get that sort of form from the get go next year and we are top 8, quite possibly top 4. SO I start hopeful and optimistic.

Glass half full - a lot of players have learnt a lot this year and matured. Astbury, Griff, Dusty etc. The coaches know what not to do, and hopefully have learnt a lot about managing the team. The players went through the fire and came out stronger - and will hopefully take it into next year.

Glass half empty - the coaching group royally screwed this season up. That shows some potential problems - Big time! If they have learnt from that and don't make stupid mistakes again great. Otherwise it's a worry. The players took a very long time for the penny to drop. We are not a smart team with great leadership. But maybe, just maybe, they grew up a bit playing like donkeys for the first 13 rounds. However, you want to start with smart, professional, learning people, that display leadership and vision.

So overall I am sort of satisfied with this year. Made the finals, played some great football. Maybe we have learnt a lot about the team and how to make it work. But it is also a worry that smarts haven't been displayed until late in the season. I have faith, but I am also realistic enough to know that some of these issues are very difficult to change. We have proven that we are a genuine top 8 team. But the gap between top 8 and contender can be huge. right now I see one but not the other. Sometimes have the flames put to you creates a stronger and better team. Let's hope so.

Can people please give me their opinions on how McBean could potentially fit into our structure over the next couple of years when he, fingers crossed, becomes a senior player?
Not sure but he wont play until he gets to a AFL fitness level because fwds need to apply pressure and run to stop the defenders just runnings it out of their backline. Plus they also have to shuttle run to most likely the centre of the ground at pace. We saw what fitness level he was during the nab cup coming back from injury but in the games I saw of the VFL he still has a long way to go.
We make it so the only way it's coming out of our forward line is after he kicks a goal

scape goats, who would be better with more game time

time should be called on this dud once and for all

Hardwick turned the pussy cats back into Tigers. Gave them the mongrel back that we were missing.
I like what Dimma has brought to the club.But I also don't think he has enough to take us to next level.
He's not a great game day coach but we've come along way since Terry Wallace and Jade Rawlings.

I see him as a One dimensional coach who struggles to adapt to gameplay situations. Reacts way to slow and continues to play the same loosing gameplan ,players and positions when we all see it doesn't work. I understand that he's trying to create our own brand of football. But good coaches know when to adjust the gameplan and match ups rather than trying to push s**t up hill.

If we don't pay finals next season I'm pretty sure Dimma won't be around 2016 or else the choker collar will be pretty tight.

Choco Is sitting back waiting until the chopping block comes out and I have no doubt he'll try for the job at Richmond.

I have been away on holiday for the last 5 weeks (walking in England and then a week in New York) and didn't look at the internet until I got back. When I saw we had won 9 straight I was astounded. The loss to Port sucked, but then after this weekend just gone we know Port is the real deal.

So what I have to say is simply that to win 9 straight shows a hell of a lot of talent in the club. Get that sort of form from the get go next year and we are top 8, quite possibly top 4. SO I start hopeful and optimistic.

Glass half full - a lot of players have learnt a lot this year and matured. Astbury, Griff, Dusty etc. The coaches know what not to do, and hopefully have learnt a lot about managing the team. The players went through the fire and came out stronger - and will hopefully take it into next year.

Glass half empty - the coaching group royally screwed this season up. That shows some potential problems - Big time! If they have learnt from that and don't make stupid mistakes again great. Otherwise it's a worry. The players took a very long time for the penny to drop. We are not a smart team with great leadership. But maybe, just maybe, they grew up a bit playing like donkeys for the first 13 rounds. However, you want to start with smart, professional, learning people, that display leadership and vision.

So overall I am sort of satisfied with this year. Made the finals, played some great football. Maybe we have learnt a lot about the team and how to make it work. But it is also a worry that smarts haven't been displayed until late in the season. I have faith, but I am also realistic enough to know that some of these issues are very difficult to change. We have proven that we are a genuine top 8 team. But the gap between top 8 and contender can be huge. right now I see one but not the other. Sometimes have the flames put to you creates a stronger and better team. Let's hope so.
If we could have Pick 2 and Pick 12 plus Pick 1 in Rookie draft would if be a beneficial package to inject young talent, slightly seasoned at a reasonable price. Suggestion: Take Milesy and go to GWS and grab Frost, Jaksch and O'Rourke.

If we could have Pick 2 and Pick 12 plus Pick 1 in Rookie draft would if be a beneficial package to inject young talent, slightly seasoned at a reasonable price. Suggestion: Take Milesy and go to GWS and grab Frost, Jaksch and O'Rourke.

That's all nice, but what are you offering to GWS to make this happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are a very good side. Very unlucky not to be playing in a grand final... I know we were asleep at the wheel in the EF, but gives that blitzkrieg a bit of perspective.

They'll give it a fair shake next season I'd imagine!

Port are a very good side. Very unlucky not to be playing in a grand final... I know we were asleep at the wheel in the EF, but gives that blitzkrieg a bit of perspective.

They are good but they shouldn't have even made the PF.... Freo kicked poorly early and should have put them away by half time. Ironically this week it was poor kicking that cost them a GF spot....

Yep.

Shows what good coaching and especially what happens when you get the best fitness person.

Hawthorn I believe have a gun in Andrew Russell. We need to move in this direction and get someone who can make our players fitter, stronger, faster and run longer.

But Port have the best and as we saw yesterday, they were running hard at the end and Hawthorn were walking. They will be devastating.

Yep.

Shows what good coaching and especially what happens when you get the best fitness person.

Hawthorn I believe have a gun in Andrew Russell. We need to move in this direction and get someone who can make our players fitter, stronger, faster and run longer.

But Port have the best and as we saw yesterday, they were running hard at the end and Hawthorn were walking. They will be devastating.
Yes Yes and Yes.

Have been saying it for 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back