Autopsy Hawks vs Port featuring the Great Escape

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations on the win. I thought I would share IMO the match winning play by Hodge that saved you guys.

1 min on the clock remaining and a brilliant smoother. I can only presume with the way he was kicking there was someone loose I50.

Screenshot of Firefox (20:09:14 8:49 PM).png

Were the neutrals so desperate to see us lose that they seriously think we had a good run with the umps? They murdered us. The main board thread is unbelievable and remarkably (and to their credit) there's less of it from the port supporters than most others.
Geelong and Essendon supporters are far from neutral. Wonder if they'll be rocking the Sydney avatars again.

Pathetic, scared and scarred.

Completely surprised to come onto BigFooty tonight and find the talk about us being favoured by the umpires! Not sure what game these people were watching, perhaps things weren't visible on TV but being there at the game it was obvious that the umpires helped Port get back into. Momentum killing and swinging decisions just like before 3 quarter time in last years prelim.

Just glad to have got away with the win and am looking forward to seeing just how much 2012 still burns these players...

Delivery up forward wasn't great today.

Port pushed all their small defenders up the ground, made our forwards accountable for them, which meant we lacked for small on the ground when the ball was deep. Was a smart tactic from Hinkley.

I thought our decision making was slow today. Got caught with the ball a lot. Possibly to do with the intensity, the week off and stuff like that.

I thought we won enough contested ball, and had enough inside 50s, in the period where we kind of switched off, to have been able to completely ice the game.

This. Sitting on the second level in the Southern Stand, I was able to observe better than most weeks at the game. Sam Mitchell suffered from slow decision making today. I think the fact that Gunston was so well held and Breust was quite up forward didn't help his cause. Port made us look slow and unsure many times and it was frustrating to watch.

Phew. When the siren went I had an initial burst of joy/elation, then felt nothing. Walking out of the ground I still couldn't work out what I was feeling, still don't now. I was sitting in N2 amongst all the Port supporters and have to say they were amazing. Genuinely felt for them at the end, it almost seemed as though they had won the game, not us.

But we won and we're on to bigger and better things next week.

P.S. can someone shed some light on the 18/54 comment I've seen floating around??

18 GF's in 54 years

Soon to be 12/18/54

Well done. An unquestionably great side who now get the opportunity to write another chapter of their legacies next weekend. I think it's very much a 50/50 game, but would not be surprised at all to see guys like Burgoyne, Hodge and Roughead lift yet another gear.

This guy

Bx-BuwFCEAEtW4C.jpg

So much love for the great man Hodge. Stood up when we needed him and continued to will the game our way as it went on
Rough you were amazing tonight.
Langford take a bow, you are our future and will be a star

Desperately hoping Lewis gets up, we really missed him in that last quarter (assuming they would have subbed the Spang if it were possible). Hindsight is great and all, but match up wise I feel we should have gone in with Litherland ahead of Spangher tonight. His pace and big leg could have been immense trying to clear the ball.

Early calls - I think Sewell will come back in, as will Rioli
Not sure who is going to come out yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to give credit where it's due. Port played great footy and showed a fair bit to fight the game out. Not sure how I feel about the game. Disappointed in some ways.

Shouldnt be...Port were fantastic, and Hawthorn Bossed and bullied them to the point were we thought we had broken their spirit and stopped their run...than took the knife of the throat or foot off the pedal to let them leave that Grand stage with some dignity...then a few lucky things went their way, they started believing/ we started slowing down play and wooshka it could of almost been the greatest finals robbery of all time...Hawks astounded me today with their desperation lmao i cant wait to watch a replay minus the last 8mins :)

Be proud of your team today...destiny was saying Hawthorn were not to win today, and minus 8mins of FEAR LESS football Hawthorn completely squashed that in the bumb hole...and the boys have learnt no matter how admirable a side dont ever take the knive off the throat and give a warrior a fighting chance cause they will take it...NOW where is my knife sharpener cause the boys are going to take a machete to Sydney and be completely ruthless from 1st bounce to last and not worry about stripping their dignity away cause they have none MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
I really respect your club and in particular Clarkson. I will be hoping big time that you go back to back.

Good to hear. Thanks.

it was a mighty game today. You should be proud of how your club stood up today.

Found this one, the last 8 seconds of the game and Lake worth every cent, Angus Wantfrees would have goaled otherwise.

View attachment 81319
No holding the arm call there against Monfries. Just another incident that leaves me baffled that there is talk that we got an arm chair ride with the umps...

No holding the arm call there against Monfries. Just another incident that leaves me baffled that there is talk that we got an arm chair ride with the umps...

Oh yes, the main board is in meltdown. Hilarious.

yes I am biased. With that said, plenty of missed frees for you guys, Roughie tackled without possession, Gray receives a throw and kicks a goal and so on.

If Lake dropped the mark........................

Remove this Banner Ad

Back