Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take a half-fit Rioli/Lewis over Ceglar/Spanger who were both out of their depth IMO

Ceglar and Spangher were pretty damn good the last time they met Sydney.
As good as McEvoy has been for Box Hill he will get murdered in the ruck contests (but yes we could use his marking and kicking ability at both ends of the ground).

May 29, 2010
The Tree Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
SF 49ers, Arsenal
On Preliminary final form, we are no chance. Really disappointed with how this weekend has panned out. Sydney get to find tune against soft as melted butter North, and we have to manage a 'will not ---- off' Port. Who knows what will happen next week though, we are definitely in with a shot, but yeah, not as confident as I was a week ago.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Think it has already been said, a reality check for coaches and team. I think we'll be OK as long as they can maintain their confidence and be brutally honest about what went wrong from the beginning to the end of the game. For instance, some players were very scrappy by hand and foot and were poor at the contest. It was the simple things on most cases.

Different feel to last year. Last year it felt like there was so much pressure to win after choking up 2011 and 2012. The weight of expectation has been lifted and is now firmly on top of the Swans who now need to win to justify spending the big bucks on Tippett and Buddy.

xXDaOne2KillXx

Debutant
Jul 3, 2010
Glendale
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well, at the end of last year if we had swapped Buddy for Luke Parker, we'd be better off, and probably not compensated to the level that Buddy is worth.

But that's Free Agency. And that's the way the lying snake and his sleazy pimp manager played it.

We got basically nothing. The Swans got him for nothing. And got a massive leg-up on us.

And in return got shafted himself...shows who the real snake was all along'

Southern Urchins

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2007
Kirkdale - England
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Ceglar and Spangher were pretty damn good the last time they met Sydney.
As good as McEvoy has been for Box Hill he will get murdered in the ruck contests (but yes we could use his marking and kicking ability at both ends of the ground).

Sadly. last time has no relevance to next Saturday afternoon unfortunately.
Ceglar was fighting Hale for his spot this year imo, but on the last month I think Hale is golden and it's bad luck Ceglar.
Spangher has had a forgettable month and I'd rather see Cyril in as a defensive forward on Malceski or Sewell in the guts. He ain't quick, but he is a dog of war. Buddy kicks straight, Brad Sewell is a Norm Smith medalist in 2012.
I still think we took a foolish gamble on Hodge and Ellis in 2012 and suffered, we are taking similar gambles on Suckling, Ceglar and Spangher, but for different reasons.

What worries me, is the 5 day break if we pick Rioli, Sewell and McEvoy

Rioli will play, but I wonder whether Hawthorn will withdraw McEvoy and/or Sewell from the squad.

Then again, Hawthorn chose not to withdraw anyone from the Box Hill squad last year and let them fight out to take poor Whitecross' spot.

Plus it's a six day break, not five.

Southern Urchins

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2007
Kirkdale - England
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Different feel to last year. Last year it felt like there was so much pressure to win after choking up 2011 and 2012. The weight of expectation has been lifted and is now firmly on top of the Swans who now need to win to justify spending the big bucks on Tippett and Buddy.

Agreed. Swans already the bookies favorites and we have been written off by everyone.
Maybe now, the real Hawthorn will come out with no pressure on us.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Agreed. Swans already the bookies favorites and we have been written off by everyone.
Maybe now, the real Hawthorn will come out with no pressure on us.
well that's one of the only times I can remember absolutely no pressure on us. We are not expected to get close.

Sep 7, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Mount Buller Demons
The one real decision that grinds my gears was Spanger in front being held... And then buried without the ball. Kicks a goal and we're 30 in from with 15 to go

Instead it flies down the other end and 'Frees gets one for.... Can anyone tell me I was at the other end... 12 point turn around and Port get their tails up!!

I smelt alot of poos and wees coming out of the mcg not long ago reckon there will be alot of undies thrown in the bin after one wear today after that close shave thought you had it in the bag and look what happens just like in 2012 when you guys already won the GF before taking your seat. Arrogant dawks no idea and totally delusional you are disgraceful for denigrating a great player who helped you win two flags it would fitting justice for him to make sure you do not get another one. I hope he tears that sniping choker hold snake Lake a new a-hole so he can stick his vain head up it. He is just weird a bit like you lot believes his own delusions. You flogs will never get any of our actual good players you can have Spangher, Breast and Simpkin we didnt want them and Buddy came wanting to be in our club cause we all know even Sydney Campaigners are better than Melbourne Campaigners as after all Melbourne Campaigners just smells like wee and poos.

Time you left. Again.

Hey mods, this week can we please just ban the trolls and delete their posts so they can't be quoted?
I'd really like to have an enjoyable flog free week.
Mods are working their collectives butts off ATM!!! Kudos to Grizz and the boys....gees will be working overtime for a while!

Hey mods, this week can we please just ban the trolls and delete their posts so they can't be quoted?

That's what's happening.

You report em, we'll hit em! Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back