Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering - should the GV drop back to a top five. Not a big fan of the six. Thoughts?

i agree. The 5 is THE best finals system. Most years the teams finishing lower aren't a threat and finishing 3rd in most competitions would allow you a double chance which you don't get.

Bring back the 5 and don't reward mediocrity.

Best thing about the final five is that the minor premier gets a week off and only has to win one final to go straight into the granny. It's a bit silly to make them win two games, under the final six format, to make the granny. Doubt the league would take it away though, as it reduces the finals by one match.

Any news on antonowicz injury. Seemed to cop a hit to the jaw and came straight off, looked in a little discomfort..
True rowey about swans, looked too quick for tat, although broadbent and Crawford both looked underdone.. Not sure if people know this but Tyson sidebottom is a gun... and looked to be on one leg today

Any news on antonowicz injury. Seemed to cop a hit to the jaw and came straight off, looked in a little discomfort..
True rowey about swans, looked too quick for tat, although broadbent and Crawford both looked underdone.. Not sure if people know this but Tyson sidebottom is a gun... and looked to be on one leg today
Spoke to kaiden after the game he is fine. Sidney as well he will be no worries either.

i agree. The 5 is THE best finals system. Most years the teams finishing lower aren't a threat and finishing 3rd in most competitions would allow you a double chance which you don't get.

Bring back the 5 and don't reward mediocrity.
Would bring the season back one week
Is Fev going to mansfield? someone on the O&M site has stated it, not sure if serious tho
Word is he will not be at Yarrawonga next year. I thought he had a house there, but who knows. Won the game for Yarra on Sunday
(1 point) and brought up goal number 100. Three very strong sides - but Albury a standout.

Will Martiniello from Benalla won the Morrison medal. Luke Morgan (Benalla) second and Ash Watson (Rochy) third.

Brodie Jacques from Shepparton won the Abikhair.
Codey Tancred from Mooroopna won the Pattison.

Kristian Height won the O&M medal to back up his Morrison from a few years ago.

Would bring the season back one week

Word is he will not be at Yarrawonga next year. I thought he had a house there, but who knows. Won the game for Yarra on Sunday
(1 point) and brought up goal number 100. Three very strong sides - but Albury a standout.
Fev loves Yarrawonga, now resides there as well and in his weekly report in the Border mail, commented that he will stay at Yarra and hopefully can play for at least another 2 seasons.
Only a few weeks ago it was reported he was going to coach the Wodonga Raiders, but that didn't happen, they appointed ex Sydney Swan, Darryn Cresswell.
Also, current Yarra co coach (Kennedy) has retired, thus this leaves Drew Barnes as the other co coach left. I suggest there may be a chance Yarra will appoint Fev as co coach with Barnes.
Also, Fev has been given the nod to coach the O&M again in the 2015 interleague championships.

Fev loves Yarrawonga, now resides there as well and in his weekly report in the Border mail, commented that he will stay at Yarra and hopefully can play for at least another 2 seasons.
Only a few weeks ago it was reported he was going to coach the Wodonga Raiders, but that didn't happen, they appointed ex Sydney Swan, Darryn Cresswell.
Also, current Yarra co coach (Kennedy) has retired, thus this leaves Drew Barnes as the other co coach left. I suggest there may be a chance Yarra will appoint Fev as co coach with Barnes.
Also, Fev has been given the nod to coach the O&M again in the 2015 interleague championships.

I think fev has been pretty calculated stating in the paper a number of times he wants to coach be it at yarra or elsewhere. Rumours in the town are that yarra are finding it harder to come up with the $ year after year and will significantly reduce their spend the next couple of seasons. Fevs $ might be reduced and if yarra want to keep him they will need to look at the co coaches role and using the money they paid Kennedy to top up fevs wallet. I think of they appoint someone else you can pretty much guarantee the offers will come rolling in for fev elsewhere. Would be huge money for a playing coach who will kick 100 In any league In vic. Also heard that one of yarras fav sons has shown interest in the job also so definitely not a done deal yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Morningside vs Labrador GF up here today, and as expected the unbeaten Morningside won by 10 goals plus. Just wanted to let you know, ex Kyabram player Simon Seddon, bagged 10 goals for Labrador, all in the second half,,, a magnificent performance.And that was for Labrador, the loosing team.

Watched the Morningside vs Labrador GF up here today, and as expected the unbeaten Morningside won by 10 goals plus. Just wanted to let you know, ex Kyabram player Simon Seddon, bagged 10 goals for Labrador, all in the second half,,, a magnificent performance.And that was for Labrador, the loosing team.

Jesus if a losing player kicked 10 in a half did any coach think of defence in there plans

Jesus if a losing player kicked 10 in a half did any coach think of defence in there plans

I hear what ur saying, but that is not the case,,,,,,, Seddons performance in that second half was one of the best ive seen by anyone. He just lifted above the limit under tight defence by the opposition,,,,,,,,a Ablett snr type performance.(not at that level of cause)

I hear what ur saying, but that is not the case,,,,,,, Seddons performance in that second half was one of the best ive seen by anyone. He just lifted above the limit under tight defence by the opposition,,,,,,,,a Ablett snr type performance.(not at that level of cause)

yes Morningside won the flag today, but the supporters who attended the game will forever remember this performance by Seddon. It will become folklaw as they say.!!!!!

Well done to the Swans and Warby. It is a credit to the club the way they have turned things around from the Mecka era to earn a spot in the Granny. As much as people don't like the 6 in the GVFL the clubs all finished as their ladder spots indicated. Swans will give the Saints a real run for their money. They were good yesterday.
I would have to think the league and the general GV footy public would be disappointed with the standard of umpiring yesterday. As one of the best leagues in country footy the performance of the umpires was woeful and did nothing to enhance the game as a spectacle. No consistency in their decisions and numerous frees missed for both sides made for a rather embarrassing effort from these guys. Never have these guys in charge of a final again!!!!!!
The Sheldon incident was ugly. I had a clear view of what occurred and it isn't something we want in footy. The Swans player ran 15 - 20 metres facing opposite the direction of play to take him out off the ball as he was watching the play ahead of him with a round arm to the head. No report, might be fair enough from the umps as it was off the footy, but they gave a free kick!!! Why was the free kick awarded and why wasn't the player carded if it was seen by the umps?If this has occurred in the AFL the player concerned would be looking at SEVERAL weeks!! Not sure what follow up is being considered but the action of the Swans player lacked not only integrity but courage.
I'm certain Dirty would not want to take it further but the league may get involved as it wasn't good for the game.
Would hope the Swans don't take this tactic into the GF for Martinello, if he plays, or Morgan.

Well done to the Swans and Warby. It is a credit to the club the way they have turned things around from the Mecka era to earn a spot in the Granny. As much as people don't like the 6 in the GVFL the clubs all finished as their ladder spots indicated. Swans will give the Saints a real run for their money. They were good yesterday.
I would have to think the league and the general GV footy public would be disappointed with the standard of umpiring yesterday. As one of the best leagues in country footy the performance of the umpires was woeful and did nothing to enhance the game as a spectacle. No consistency in their decisions and numerous frees missed for both sides made for a rather embarrassing effort from these guys. Never have these guys in charge of a final again!!!!!!
The Sheldon incident was ugly. I had a clear view of what occurred and it isn't something we want in footy. The Swans player ran 15 - 20 metres facing opposite the direction of play to take him out off the ball as he was watching the play ahead of him with a round arm to the head. No report, might be fair enough from the umps as it was off the footy, but they gave a free kick!!! Why was the free kick awarded and why wasn't the player carded if it was seen by the umps?If this has occurred in the AFL the player concerned would be looking at SEVERAL weeks!! Not sure what follow up is being considered but the action of the Swans player lacked not only integrity but courage.
I'm certain Dirty would not want to take it further but the league may get involved as it wasn't good for the game.
Would hope the Swans don't take this tactic into the GF for Martinello, if he plays, or Morgan.
League will have no option but to investigate I would imagine. Should be a cracking GF next week. Hopefully rain holds off.

the umpires in both reserves and seniors didn't look like they did any pre season.

League will have no option but to investigate I would imagine. Should be a cracking GF next week. Hopefully rain holds off.

Leagues usually don't investigate onfield incidents unless asked to do so by a club and then an investigator is appointed. I'll keep saying it, two central umpires can do the job, having a third just doesn't work. If the GVFUA wish to continue appointing three umpires then one should have the role of "emergency" who sits and watches for off the ball incidents and can make reports and send players off. This is not the AFL and the more umpires that we have the more that seems to be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back