The Kevin McHale Cup 2014-2015 (Auction league)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are in danger of missing the start of the season unless we get one more Manager on board in the next couple of days. Dig around. I'd like to allocate teams to the newbies and nominate sleepers/QOs this weekend.
Lets do this!

Hey!

I am from the NBA draft.net forum. I'll be keen to sign up
Welcome Nick. Tell us a little about yourself...your fantasy bball history etc. I'm sure everyone will be happy to have you on board.

Just a side note guys, my PC shat it's self and is getting rebuilt. I should be up and running in a couple of days but we may have to modify our regular Auction routine to make season start. Bare with me.
When I'm up I'll post or pm the new Managers the vacant team lists and allocate.

What do we think is a good system for allocating teams? Random, or pick in order of joining here..?

Welcome Nick. Tell us a little about yourself...your fantasy bball history etc. I'm sure everyone will be happy to have you on board.

Just a side note guys, my PC shat it's self and is getting rebuilt. I should be up and running in a couple of days but we may have to modify our regular Auction routine to make season start. Bare with me.
When I'm up I'll post or pm the new Managers the vacant team lists and allocate.

What do we think is a good system for allocating teams? Random, or pick in order of joining here..?

I am from Melbourne, die hard Cavs fan. I have played a little fantasy, but could never find a decent league (as most of them were American and the time different was a sucky issue). I have never played the action style fantasy but keen to try it out. I try to watch as much NCAA as possible, and I follow Wisconsin. Also a Collingwood supporter.

Hi guys. Back on board with a new PC (nice) and 4 new Managers so we need need to get this thing started.

Below are the team lists of the Vacant teams. Refer to post one for the meaning of contract notes. Remember players with Team contracts will be kept. Those on Development contracts may be retained at Managers choice prior to Auction. Players with (S) may be offered a sleeper contract ($1.6m) prior to auction (1 only). All players not otherwise contracted are eligible for a Qualifying offer prior to Auction.

I'll ask Raff, an old friend of this league to randomise the new Managers into a draft order to select teams.

Team 1 (Molemantarians)

Westbrook, Russell$9,817,968 (Development)
Goran Dragic$2,500,000 (D)
Chandler Parsons $2,000,000 (D)
Wilson Chandler $2,000,000 (D)
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tim Duncan
Tyson Chandler
Danny Green (S)
Paul Milsap
JJ Redick
Mason Plumlee (Sleeper)
Wesley Johnson (S)
George Hill
Nene Hilario (S)
Tony Allen (S)

Team 2 (D2T's Terror Squad)
Jose Calderon$790,163 (D)
Blake Griffin $10,251,193 (D)
Joe Johnson $2,834,778 (D)
Rajon Rondo $5,856,444 (Team)
Josh Smith $7,000,010 (T)
Amare Stoudemire $1,189,657 (T)
Avery Bradley (S)
Corey Brewer (S)
DeMarre Carroll (S)
Mario Chalmers (S)
Monta Ellis
JJ Hickson (S)
Terrence Ross (S)
Deron Williams
Nick Young (S)

Team 3 (Kourtney Kardashian)
Evan Turner$2,500,000 (D)
Kemba Walker$1,562,500 (D)
David Lee $5,227,500 (D)
Brook Lopez $6,250,000 (D)
Chris Bosh$900,000 (T)
LeBron James
Andrea Bargnani (S)
Nicolas Batum
Jamal Crawford (S)
Glen Davis
Randy Foye (S)
Danny Granger (S)
Kevin Martin
Steve Nash (S)
Kris Humphries (S)

Team 4 (Rose Coloured Rims)
Paul George $7,625,001 (D)
Derrick Rose $5,491,406 (D)
Ricky Rubio $4,687,501 (D)
Kawhi Leonard $3,125,018 (D)
Javale McGee $4,999,990 (T)
Enes Kanter $4,202,001 (T)
Kobe Bryant $3,800,012 (T)
Kevin Love
Giannis Antetokounmpo (S)
James Anderson (S)
Jimmy Butler
Kirk Hinrich (S)
Markieff Morris (S)
Larry Sanders
Lance Stephenson

Last edited:
Just wish to clarify I understand the rules since I am a new owner not familiar with this style and the rules.

So new owners take over old teams and returning owners will keep their teams.

Not all players are up for auction as returning teams will be able to keep some of there players?

So the players they are able to keep and return to their previous team are players they allocate qualifying offers too (which is only 1). They are also able to keep players via a sleeper contract (only 1 player). Players are also retained via development contracts (4 players). So basically, new owners will absorb past teams development contracts and if they wish a sleeper contract player and qualifying contract player (if successful)

So for example if I take over Team 3 (Kourtney Kardashian) I will have to retain Evan Turner, Kemba Walker, David Lee and Brook Lopez who are on development contracts. I would also be able to offer a qualifying offer to Lebron James if I want to? I would be able to allocate my sleeper contract could I use it on Chris Bosh as he is under 1.6m?

Then do the rest of my players go into the pool of players and then auctioned off?

If you are able to correct me if I misunderstood or clarity that I understand the system.

Thanks.

Just wish to clarify I understand the rules since I am a new owner not familiar with this style and the rules.

So new owners take over old teams and returning owners will keep their teams.

Not all players are up for auction as returning teams will be able to keep some of there players?

So the players they are able to keep and return to their previous team are players they allocate qualifying offers too (which is only 1). They are also able to keep players via a sleeper contract (only 1 player). Players are also retained via development contracts (4 players). So basically, new owners will absorb past teams development contracts and if they wish a sleeper contract player and qualifying contract player (if successful)

So for example if I take over Team 3 (Kourtney Kardashian) I will have to retain Evan Turner, Kemba Walker, David Lee and Brook Lopez who are on development contracts. I would also be able to offer a qualifying offer to Lebron James if I want to? I would be able to allocate my sleeper contract could I use it on Chris Bosh as he is under 1.6m?

Then do the rest of my players go into the pool of players and then auctioned off?

If you are able to correct me if I misunderstood or clarity that I understand the system.

Thanks.

Just saw the "S" next to a few of the players in the teams and now understand you I would not be able to offer Bosh a sleeper contract.

Almost right.
Players on Team contracts (T) WILL be retained.
You will be asked prior to the Auction if you will honour players on Development contracts (D)
Any player not contracted either of these ways is eligible for a QO (1 only)
Any player marked with (S) is eligible for a Sleeper contract (1 only)
Any player contracted is retained by their current team and removed from the Auction.
QO players are auctioned first but you will have the right to match the highest bid on your QO player.
All other uncontracted players will be released and auctioned off with other free agents.

Once vacant teams are chosen I will call for Managers to nominate QO player, Sleeper and whether they will honour Development contracts.

Then we start the Auction!

Last edited:
So for your example for Team 3;
You must keep Bosh (Team contract)
You MAY keep Turner, Walker, Lee & Lopez (Development)
You can offer James a QO.

Okay cheers, just a couple more follow up questions.

how flexible to the 50 mil cap ? what are the consequences of going over?

Also, are the prices for the development contracts inclusive of the 25% increase or is the 25% still to be added?

Value of contracts listed includes 25% increase.
During auction the $50m cap is absolute. If you bid more than you have remaining in your budget that bid will be invalid.
Once the auction concludes Managers will allocate new Team & develpment contracts.
$50m budget does not apply during the season but contracted players will retain thier contract if traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raff- Thanks for your help, but I don't understand the order. The four new managers are Nick, Cameron, Hamster and me (rampantstatks). Who got what choice?

I gave Raff the letters so the order is;

Rampantstatks first choice of team
Cameron second choice
Theseventhhamster third
and Nick gets the team that remains.

Thanks Raff.

So whenever you're ready rampantstatks, post your choice of team here.

I guess I have to go with team 4, formerly rose coloured rims. New team name: 12 Hour Delay. I won't keep Paul George. I'll keep Rose, Rubio and Leonard, and of course the three team players. Giannis is my sleeper. And I'll extend a qualifying offer to Kevin Love. Thanks.

I have questions about format-during the season, is there an injured reserve or bench, where the stats of players don't count towards the team totals (for example BN)? Do you always have to have players in the positions noted in the rules active for a game (in other words, always two centers)? If so, how is position eligibility determined?

Thanks Rampantstatks, good choice I think.

As per post one, this is a 82 game roto league so you will have up to 82 games per position to accumulate stats over the season. It's completely up to you how you manage who plays and when. There are 4 Bench (BN) spots allocated but on any one day more than that may sit out games. It will become clear once the season kicks off.
Position eligibility is determined by Yahoo fantasy Basketball, our game platform.

Cameron, your choice of the remaining teams.

Thanks Rampantstatks, good choice I think.

As per post one, this is a 82 game roto league so you will have up to 82 games per position to accumulate stats over the season. It's completely up to you how you manage who plays and when. There are 4 Bench (BN) spots allocated but on any one day more than that may sit out games. It will become clear once the season kicks off.
Position eligibility is determined by Yahoo fantasy Basketball, our game platform.

Cameron, your choice of the remaining teams.

Can I trade my team?

No .....OK.

While we wait for the vacant teams to be chosen for the dance, could all Managers post intentions regarding Contracts.
I'll update post 1 to reflect this when I can but id like to kick off the Auction with the QO round prior to this Weekend (AFL Grand Final)

I'll take team 1 please and rename then to Purple Haze. Will keep Westbrook, Dragic and Parson and will offer a QO to Aldridge while keeping Plumlee on a sleeper contract please.

Dante's Devils will be honouring the following:

Development Contracts
Damien Lilliard $5,468,761
Kenneth Faried $2,750,015
Tristan Thompson $1,302,086
Klay Thompson $2,300,555
Jeff Teague $1,750,000
Team Contracts
Victor Oladipo $3,200,100
Jeremy Lin $1,800,007

Sleeper Contract

Omer Asik $1,600,000