Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I'm not arguing with you, you are more than likely right. It is a it funny that you say don't believe everything you see on social media but you go on to say how it happened and we should believe you

I am not saying you should believe me, that's entirely up to you. I don't expect you to take what I say as gospel but unfortunately there are plenty of people who do believe everything they read and hear and all of a sudden a whole lot of bullshit can escalate very quickly which appears to be what has happened in this case.

Stick to topic pal, that's right when your copping it you go and change the subject. We are not talking about Speedy here mate we are talking about a 16 year old receiving a belting which you are all to quick to say it wasn't any fault of the bombers, maybe a Clarence player did it. If you want to start bringing up the past pal, I could bring up a few incidents that happened down at the tip that you guys would be pretty embarrassed about, but that's not what we are talking about is it?

Copping it? I never said it wasn't any fault of the Bombers at all.

Well done North Launceston they certainly were the big improvers of 2014 taking the big prize.

Also got the guest player right IMO with Chris Tarrant committing to more than a one off guest appearance worked well for them. My club could learn from this.

As I said mate, I know what happened and couldn't care less who believes me, and as far as you go, your the poster who called a certain Clarence player a flat track bully aren't you? the same Clarence player who kicked 9 goals in a preliminary final last week. See the irony????

So what did happen ? Glad it wasn't the player named initially , he is owed a big apology one would think ! But what did happen out there halftime as you seem to know exactly how is started and how it all happened.

Speaking to someone who doesnt follow either team involved in the 'alleged incident' in the ressies GF & was actually at the game said it appears a 'person' from one of the clubs was probably going to be in trouble with the police over the 'incident'.
Anyway it seems some 'unsavourey incident' occurred. That's sad for the game. Hopefully it can be sorted by the police.

Any AFLTas investigation will take 6 months & find nothing wrong.:rolleyes:

Personally I believe that AFL Tas should have no involvement with the investigation in regards to the matter. That should be left to the police.

On a more uplifting note, to watch the way North played in the last 6 weeks was absolutely fantastic. Their style of play, structure and disciplines were a standout.

Personally I believe that AFL Tas should have no involvement with the investigation in regards to the matter. That should be left to the police.

On a more uplifting note, to watch the way North played in the last 6 weeks was absolutely fantastic. Their style of play, structure and disciplines were a standout.

Like it or not, thats what they seem to be about to do. Its taken the Clarence/Lauderdale 'relationship' to a new low.

On a better note:D, yes congrats to North Launy. A fantastic end of season for them. They've had a rough trot since their 1998 flag. They'll be having a big day today:p

Like it or not, thats what they seem to be about to do. Its taken the Clarence/Lauderdale 'relationship' to a new low.

On a better note:D, yes congrats to North Launy. A fantastic end of season for them. They've had a rough trot since their 1998 flag. They'll be having a big day today:p

Have seen the vision of the brawl & a senior Lauderdale player will have some explaining to do. Clearly shows him pushing away a Clarence official then punching a Clarence runner to the side or back of his head. He then calmly walks away from the melee.

News Feed

Graham O'Byrne
40 mins · Lauderdale
Alleged Incident at Aurora Stadium (update)

Supporters and friends. I believe it crucial to the integrity of young Bryce Walsh to be able to clearly advise that he has been exonerated of any charge by AFL Tasmania. He was accused of being involved in a serious incident and it has been established that this is unfounded. Should there be any further investigation we will cooperated fully.

Clarence FC and ourselves are working 100% together to ensure that we can move forward together to promote the State League, and enjoy the sporting rivalry between our clubs. Thanks to Clarence FC and AFL Tas for your support in this matter.

Graham O'Byrne
President, LFSC

This was published on the Lauderdale Facebook page this afternoon.

News Feed

Graham O'Byrne
40 mins · Lauderdale
Alleged Incident at Aurora Stadium (update)

Supporters and friends. I believe it crucial to the integrity of young Bryce Walsh to be able to clearly advise that he has been exonerated of any charge by AFL Tasmania. He was accused of being involved in a serious incident and it has been established that this is unfounded. Should there be any further investigation we will cooperated fully.

Clarence FC and ourselves are working 100% together to ensure that we can move forward together to promote the State League, and enjoy the sporting rivalry between our clubs. Thanks to Clarence FC and AFL Tas for your support in this matter.

Graham O'Byrne
President, LFSC

This was published on the Lauderdale Facebook page this afternoon.
It has been made clear that Bryce Walsh has been exonerated of any charge. Is the matter now closed or was somebody else involved ?

It has been made clear that Bryce Walsh has been exonerated of any charge. Is the matter now closed or was somebody else involved ?

Well someone threw a punch which hit the young Clarence guy. Police were involved. I guess its not over until both the AFLTas & Police spokes people say it is.
I'm told the ressies game was violent from start to finish. Thats not good for the relationship of the clubs. Maybe they need to tone it down a bit.
Rivalry is good, Bitter Rivalry is not good.

Well someone threw a punch which hit the young Clarence guy. Police were involved. I guess its not over until both the AFLTas & Police spokes people say it is.
I'm told the ressies game was violent from start to finish. Thats not good for the relationship of the clubs. Maybe they need to tone it down a bit.
Rivalry is good, Bitter Rivalry is not good.

He got hit in an all in brawl involving just about every player, it is not good but also not that surprising is it? For the players father to posts pictures of his son in a car on his supposed way to the police station and naming and slandering someone who was not responsible is an absolute disgrace. What must be said though is the way both the Lauderdale and Clarence Football clubs have handled this has been very professional and was able to get to the bottom of it reasonably quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got hit in an all in brawl involving just about every player, it is not good but also not that surprising is it? For the players father to posts pictures of his son in a car on his supposed way to the police station and naming and slandering someone who was not responsible is an absolute disgrace. What must be said though is the way both the Lauderdale and Clarence Football clubs have handled this has been very professional and was able to get to the bottom of it reasonably quickly.

Thats ok. I'm pleased the clubs are acting professionally.

The players are the ones with a problem it seems.

I guess someone is responsible for the assault, so the police will act on the complaint as they see fit. I wonder if their is any video?

Thats ok. I'm pleased the clubs are acting professionally.

The players are the ones with a problem it seems.

I guess someone is responsible for the assault, so the police will act on the complaint as they see fit. I wonder if their is any video?

I get what you are saying but it was an incident on the football field, if you start involving the police in these sorts of things where do you draw the line? could open a pandoras box

I get what you are saying but it was an incident on the football field, if you start involving the police in these sorts of things where do you draw the line? could open a pandoras box

I think you should visit the emergency section of the RHH on a Friday or Saturday night. Their is NO place for gratuitous violence, anywhere. The epidemic of head injuries is a real problem.

A footy game played by the rules doesnt include an invitation to punch anybody. If it happens, all bets are off. If someone is charged & only gets a warning, then they may think twice before before being a big hero the next time.

If someone is hurt then I hope the perpetrator cops the full weight of the law.

Pandoras box?

Sunshine, you have no idea what you are saying.

I think you should visit the emergency section of the RHH on a Friday or Saturday night. Their is NO place for gratuitous violence, anywhere. The epidemic of head injuries is a real problem.

A footy game played by the rules doesnt include an invitation to punch anybody. If it happens, all bets are off. If someone is charged & only gets a warning, then they may think twice before before being a big hero the next time.

Pandoras box?

Look I agree with everything you say but there is a distinct difference between a spectator running on the ground and king hitting a player and a player hitting another player in all in brawl. I am not condoning violence for one minute but if every time a player gets hit on the footy are they going to call in the police? Yes the player needs to be punished by the authorites but this whole thing has been massively blown out of proportion.

Pandoras box?

I agree, this senseless violence that occurs cannot be tolerated on the footy field or off it. I know footy can get very emotional at times but if only people would stop and consider the damage they could do to somebody (and ultimately themselves) by assaulting people. There are no winners in this type of behaviour.

Heard on the grape vine 2 reports. I am with HTH what happens on the field apart from senseless violence should stay there, and it should be all that there is to it. I was at the game with friends and the Clarence runner looked in it up to his neck by first running through the Lauderdale huddle I looked like to me. The father of the player was having a crack, egging on the player accused of the striking the player saying he saw him do it which is now not the case. One has to be careful when minors are involved. I believe that the father of the young player has a bit of egg on his face at the moment after clapping the accused player off the ground trying to get him to have a crack back at him. Lauderdale did the right thing by removing the accused senior player from the venue. but how embarrassed must this player feel having to leave the ground seeing he had nothing to do with it. I hope the boys father has a good lawyer as I would not let this go, as it was a wilful attack on the accused from what I saw.

Look I agree with everything you say but there is a distinct difference between a spectator running on the ground and king hitting a player and a player hitting another player in all in brawl. I am not condoning violence for one minute but if every time a player gets hit on the footy are they going to call in the police? Yes the player needs to be punished by the authorites but this whole thing has been massively blown out of proportion.

We haven't agreed on much lately but think you have been spot on here ! I dont know what happened, wasn't there. But Walsh is owed a massive apology. Personally I would be down right filthy about having my name dragged through the mud for a good 10 hours on social networks.

Heard on the grape vine 2 reports. I am with HTH what happens on the field apart from senseless violence should stay there, and it should be all that there is to it. I was at the game with friends and the Clarence runner looked in it up to his neck by first running through the Lauderdale huddle I looked like to me. The father of the player was having a crack, egging on the player accused of the striking the player saying he saw him do it which is now not the case. One has to be careful when minors are involved. I believe that the father of the young player has a bit of egg on his face at the moment after clapping the accused player off the ground trying to get him to have a crack back at him. Lauderdale did the right thing by removing the accused senior player from the venue. but how embarrassed must this player feel having to leave the ground seeing he had nothing to do with it. I hope the boys father has a good lawyer as I would not let this go, as it was a wilful attack on the accused from what I saw.

The Clarence runner was clearly out to stir up trouble from the outset when he was trapping off to the Lauderdale players before the first bounce and later elbowed a Lauderdale player. As for the Clarence players father I think as little said the better and I see Clarence have distanced themselves from him and his comments.

So the Clarence runner ran thru Lauderdales huddle. Is that it, did he punch anyone? Did he touch anyone at all?
I have seen the vision and this Clarence runner was assaulted by a current Lauderdale senior player and then he walked calmly from the field to the AFL Tas lunch. But fear not AFL Tas have done their investigation and there is nothing to see here people, move along all is well.if they were scanning the vision to see who assaulted the 16 year old Clarence kid, and not see this other incident they are completely inept or it's all just too hard for them.

I'm sorry but what happens on the field is no protection from any medico-legal consequences. The odd little push & shove is not a problem but punches & elbows, especially when unexpected are not to be tolerated. In general the umpires control that to the best of their ability. It really requires players to act with discipline & within the rules.

If someone is assaulted & hurt, & they decide to press charges as a result, then GOOD ON THEM.
We should have no room for dangerous antisocial behavior.

The game takes guts to play & should shun gutless behaviors.

I'm sorry but what happens on the field is no protection from any medico-legal consequences. The odd little push & shove is not a problem but punches & elbows, especially when unexpected are not to be tolerated. In general the umpires control that to the best of their ability. It really requires players to act with discipline & within the rules.

If someone is assaulted & hurt, & they decide to press charges as a result, then GOOD ON THEM.
We should have no room for dangerous antisocial behavior.

The game takes guts to play & should shun gutless behaviors.

No one is disagreeing with what you are saying but in this particular incident it was not a king hit and certainly wasn't assaulted by a spectator and the player continued to play the game, the way it has been portrayed is as if he was knocked unconscious and had to be rushed to hospital, he wasn't. The players father has made an absolute goose of himself, his own son and the Clarence Football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back