Stokes
Lonergan
Varcoe
Podsiadly
Hunt
Byrnes
King
West

Over their career or over that period? Makes a bit of a difference i.e someone like Scarlett's best form would have been say 04-09. So if it was just the 07-11 period I would have a few more ahead of him. Same with Selwood and Johnson. I think both have probably boosted their reps post 2011 whereas guys like Bartel, Corey and Chapman could be argued ahead of them in that period alone.

Ablett
Bartel
Johnson
Scarlett
Chapman
Milburn
Corey
Enright
Ottens
Selwood
Mooney
Kelly
Harley
Wojcinski
Hawkins
Hunt
Stokes
Rooke

Over their career or over that period? Makes a bit of a difference i.e someone like Scarlett's best form would have been say 04-09. So if it was just the 07-11 period I would have a few more ahead of him. Same with Selwood and Johnson. I think both have probably boosted their reps post 2011 whereas guys like Bartel, Corey and Chapman could be argued ahead of them in that period alone.
I ranked over their career but have a medal

i.e someone like Scarlett's best form would have been say 04-09. So if it was just the 07-11 period I would have a few more ahead of him

Was still the general in defence. He was also one of those players that rarely made crucial mistakes in big games such as finals. Time and time again he would come up big throughout that run between 07-11 even though he was aged 28+.
Easy to forget as time goes by but Scarlett was a major factor in Geelong making so many grand finals over the years. A once in a generational footballer who really did change the way key position defenders played the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what an unbelievable list of names
In 8 years time when you and Gold Coast win 4 flags each for being such powerhouses you will be able to say the same. Port may be the only club able to hold their own against Gold Coast until the GWS, Bulldogs, etc. get up there.

Ablett
Scarlett
Enright
Bartel
Selwood
Corey
Ling
Milburn
Johnson
Chapman
Wojcinski
Kelly
Taylor
Mooney
Mackie

Scarlett
Johnson
Ablett
Bartel
Ottens
Chapman
Mooney
Corey
Kelly
Milburn
Taylor
Lonergan
Rooke
Harley
Wojcinski
Varcoe
Hunt
Mackie
Stokes
Blake
Byrnes
Hawkins
Podsiadly
King
Duncan
Christensen
West
Egan
no]]No love for Selwood?

Ablett
Selwood
Scarlett
Johnson
Bartel
Enright
Hawkins
Taylor
Chapman
Corey
Kelly
Ling
Mackie
Mooney
Harley

Stokes Egan Wojcinski etc
You do realize that his first year was in 07 and like his current coach he basically walked into one of the greatest teams of all time, I doubt those premierships were because of him second picked in the team, his best football is right now and the Cats are not so flash as then and your title says from 07-11. I'd have Johnson, Chapman, Bartel, Scarlett and almost the rest of that backline before him during that period of time.

Ablett
Scarlett
Chapman
Johnson
Ling
Selwood
Bartel
Enright
Ottens
Mooney

Geez you can build a pretty amazing side around that.

Slap them into the Demons and they would be flag favourites next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back