James Frawley to Fremantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we got for Rhys Palmer IIRC. Frawley's got to be worth more than that. I was thinking top of first round.

I was under the impression they dispensed with the discretionary awarding of a selection for future drafts.
I would imagine if the AFL, at it's discretion, awarded Melbourne third pick in the draft as compensation, the club that was in line for that selection would be totally pissed. Further, it would be fair to say it is another way the AFL manipulates every aspect of this contrived sporting body.
Extraordinarily open to abuse and one of the reasons I thought they had canned it, relegating all comp picks to end of the first round.

I was under the impression they dispensed with the discretionary awarding of a selection for future drafts.
I would imagine if the AFL, at it's discretion, awarded Melbourne third pick in the draft as compensation, the club that was in line for that selection would be totally pissed. Further, it would be fair to say it is another way the AFL manipulates every aspect of this contrived sporting body.
Extraordinarily open to abuse and one of the reasons I thought they had canned it, relegating all comp picks to end of the first round.

ok, it seems I was mistaken. I was thinking about the Gold Coast and GWS compo pick system. Free agency works differently.

ok, it seems I was mistaken. I was thinking about the Gold Coast and GWS compo pick system. Free agency works differently.
It does.

But first round compo picks still exist.

Buddy and daisy were both first rounders last year. When was there a change to end of first round only?

Wasn't. Will when Melbourne get pick 3 for letting frawley walk though.

should get rid of compo picks in my opinion if salary cap is going to be so stringently applied in regard to all clubs spending the maximum. so as it stands collectively fremantle will be paying 'equalisation' money to these unsustainable melbourne based clubs plus collectively giving them a pick whenever a free agent is acquired from one. what next, handing over premiership points to these clubs or maybe we have to buy memberships for them.

Not even remotely excited about Frawley coming to Freo. How many times have we been in the hunt only to come up with zilch.

Clarke
Cloke
Watts (Hell No)
Buddy ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't come back for fitness tests if you're not interested.

At the absolute very least it shows we're a chance.

I wouldn't go to a second interview if I wasn't interested in the job.
Smart move by him and his manager to create a wedge to drive up the price.

That's all it is in my opinion.

Will be shocked if he's with us next year. Using us to drive up the contract price at the club he wants to play at. And they'll be a vic club.

We're probably getting played but I reckon its getting close to getting down to a yes or no. If he is indeed over here I reckon they will know by time he leaves.

Frawleys manager has Freo players too so he needs to be professional with the club.

Correct Freo aren't dealing with Clokes' father as manager.

I reckon if we dont get him, it wont be for the money. I think Freo's has decided not to have any regrets over another million over the 7yrs :)eek:) . The cap will go up way more than this and it may well be a smart move to lock a player like him into retirement before the cap shoots up massively.

I reckon its a big deterrent the weekly flying. I wonder if we're getting close to blocks of away games, eg 3 Vic games, 1-2 QLD, NSW and SA games?

Don't forget the Paul Roos factor, he told Sylvia it would be a smart move for him to join Freo and he did. Roos would put in a good word for Freo and Lyon when consulting Frawley if he does ask.

We're probably getting played but I reckon its getting close to getting down to a yes or no. If he is indeed over here I reckon they will know by time he leaves.

Frawleys manager has Freo players too so he needs to be professional with the club.
What players?

The travel thing is a bit overstated to be honest. Not including finals Freo travelled 10 times this year for interstate games. Melbourne travelled 6 times interstate. So four trips more by the Dockers over a 23 week period. It's not really a huge difference.

Four trips extra per year for a couple of hundred thousand.... yeah I'd be ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back