Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else think we'll make a play for Levi Greenwood? Still out of contract & last I read negotiations reached a stalemate over a 2 year deal, against their big bodies we could've benefitted from one more hard at it inside mid.

I think Young can offer a bit in that role but I'm not convinced on Moore just yet, after seeing how he played for the Magpies it's a shame Aaron didn't get a call up as he's a much better sub option.
I absolutely want Greenwood and can't understand why his name hasn't been mentioned more in this thread. This bloke is hugely under-rated and would be a big get for our midfield.

I absolutely want Greenwood and can't understand why his name hasn't been mentioned more in this thread. This bloke is hugely under-rated and would be a big get for our midfield.
If he was a free agent we could've been a massive chance given how many times we've tried to get him back in the past, unfortunately he's made it hard for them to be willing to part with him as he'll likely win their B&F.

They'd probably ask for Wines or Gray in return, it's a shame we don't have another Jacobs they'd be keen on lol.

If he was a free agent we could've been a massive chance given how many times we've tried to get him back in the past, unfortunately he's made it hard for them to be willing to part with him as he'll likely win their B&F.

They'd probably ask for Wines or Gray in return, it's a shame we don't have another Jacobs they'd be keen on lol.
When does he come up for Free Agency? I'm thinking next year will be 8 y in the system like Ebert.

Hmmm, who to choose Blair and Choco? Who to choose? Marlon Motlop and Matthew Westhoff or Levi Greenwood?

Up there with Jacobs over Darling and Lycett for stupidity at the draft table.
Mind you Newton and Young over Parker is starting to s**t me too.

I've heard they've only offered him a 1 year contract. He's also not too clean with ball in hand and I'm not sure who he'd displace in our midfield. Maybe Moore/Cornes but if we're not recruiting him specifically as a tagger I'm not sure why he'd come over to compete with Hartlett/Boak/Wines/Ebert/Gray

why aren't we allowed to trade future years 1st and second rounders

ive called for this for years.

i think if we had done it years ago that a lot more trades would have happened and the calls for free agency wouldnt have been as strong.

i would have stipulated only the following years can be used. that gives a team 2 first rounders and would give teams the ability to do trades that would be otherwise impossible in the current system. i wouldnt include all the top 10 protected crap that other codes have. just keep it simple.

Anyone else think we'll make a play for Levi Greenwood? Still out of contract & last I read negotiations reached a stalemate over a 2 year deal, against their big bodies we could've benefitted from one more hard at it inside mid.

I think Young can offer a bit in that role but I'm not convinced on Moore just yet, after seeing how he played for the Magpies it's a shame Aaron didn't get a call up as he's a much better sub option.

not sure. we could really use his grunt work in the packs.

the roos would want our first round , which for a guy who will be a free agent next season and who only has one and a half good seasons to his name well into his career is a bit steep.

there is also some chance that moore/young or newton will step up next year.

Had a look but couldn't find it. Do we have a who's going, who's a possible trade (from our list) type thread?

Had a look but couldn't find it. Do we have a who's going, who's a possible trade (from our list) type thread?

no. been no whispers that anyone is going anywhere.

as far as i know everyone that we need signed up is signed up. im not sure if clurey is signed though?

i would be holding onto everyone as well. i wouldnt look to trade young/moore/newton as they all look like coming into their own next year and we need a centre square mid. i would also hold onto butcher. he may or may not make it but we would get very little for him in a trade and if he comes good it would be great for us. very good forwards are very hard to find.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW Rucci just hinted at a big name signing and it's not Ryder. He said it would be a good idea to keep a eye on Adelaide airport this week.

Rucci just said it will be worth watching the airport in the coming weeks with a few players coming in to meet with the club, Leith said 'a bloke from Melbourne via Brisbane' & he said no not him but watch this space.

Edit: damn it Ford too quick again lol.

I hope it's Cameron, whilst it would be good to get both GWS can have Ryder if we happen to land Jezza.

Last edited:
Rucci just said it will be worth watching the airport in the coming weeks with a few players coming in to meet with the club, Leith said 'a bloke from Melbourne via Brisbane' & he said no not him but watch this space.

Edit: damn it Ford too quick again lol.

I hope it's Cameron, whilst it would be good to get both GWS can have Ryder if we happen to land Jezza.

What did Tom Harley say about Port? I missed that.

I was out of the room only heard the part he talked about how enjoyable it's been watching us the last 2 years & then how he thinks Gray can become a similar albeit slightly lesser Gary Ablett standard of player.

From Rucci's comments after it sounded like he might have had a bit more to say. Will interrogate others!

interesting. i wonder who it would be? probably vickery i guess but i would be surprised if he wanted out of richmond and out of victoria?.. unless he saw us as the ticket to a grand final and how he could become a very good player.

cameron would be ideal but i just dont see how we could trade for him. we would have to put up guys like moore + young + clurey + butch to vic sides then the draft picks to gws. and that is gutting some serious talent from our side. we also really need one of moore/young next year in our centre square.

I know we're all having a laugh at how bad a player he is but how the hell did he get a recall for a prelim final?
Who knows, I'm not a big fan of Jacob. You just need to ask Brad Scott for this one. Anyone from our senior lists are much better than Jacob. Really rattles by this choice and I said to myself North gonna to lose with him on the side. He just can't handle pressure, fumbles, turn over at wills, really hard to watch. That's why I will throw in a defibrillator for free.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back