List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn
What is starting to convince me that we have something big brewing on the trade-front is that we are not making a play for Ryder (who would fit into our side very nicely... sorry Josh).
t been mentioned I think but in one interview, May gave been chappy presser but not sure, May gave even been roo, it was said confidently how this worn affect recruitment and we are advanced in discussions to ensure we get in the players this club needs to move forward.

May be spin but certainly was suggesting we have moves in place

Out of contract: Shaun McKernan, Jarad Petrenko, Matt Jaensch, Jarrad Lyons, Sam Shaw, Brodie Martin, Tom Lynch, Angus Graham, Sam Siggins, Rory Atkins, James Battersby (rookie), Charlie Cameron (rookie), Jake Kelly (rookie), Jack Osborn (rookie), Alex Spina (rookie),
restricted free agents: David McKay
unrestricted free agents: Ben Rutten, Jason Porplyzia

This is from 28th of April this year. Pretty sure Lynch hasn't signed anything since then. Maybe that tweet was a message to other clubs that he is fully fit...

Charlie Cameron signed an extension as well

As far as I know...

Uncontracted: Lynch, Porps, Martin, Petrenko, Johnston, Lyons, Shaw, Atkins, Siggins.
Unsure: L.Thompson, Hartigan

Anyone know about Luke T. and Hartigan?

Our new CEO and board is showing we will be brutal in the trade period, Any chance at all of us swooping on hooker or Carlisle as well as getting Cameron, their isn't much essendon can do if they want out!

I think it was after aa interviewed Gillon McLachlan, sounded like hes not a fan and wants to go back to 4 on the bench or something to that effect. Didn't hear the interview and only caught want they said after they finished the interview.
I remember someone from the AFL I believe saying that, maybe Gillon..
Then Evans said the sub rule will not be going anywhere..
AFL as usual running like a coherent well oiled machine.. ;)

What is starting to convince me that we have something big brewing on the trade-front is that we are not making a play for Ryder (who would fit into our side very nicely... sorry Josh).

Correct! I said from the start a forward pinch hitting ruckman is the number 1 target, I still think that...

Ryder would be ideal but I think isn't a big enough fish.

We aren't getting Ryder, From what I know Ryder is into three clubs, gws, port and Brisbane.

Why do people still keep mentioning him, besides our midfield is fine with josh and Jacobs as rucks. We are number 1 for centre clearances, 1 or 2 for clearances after round 4 or something and 2nd in contested possesion differential and 1 goal behind being second for attack so we don't need him too much I prefer Josh's speed and the fact that he has scored 40 goals to Ryders 20

Lets just hope some deal is worked that keeps Ryder away from Port.

He is just about the last piece of their puzzle. Be a disaster if he gets there
I think they are missing a quality tall at each end which was on show last night. Saying that they are still a very good side and Ryder would only make them better.

I must say it's an interesting one, our lack of interest does tend to suggest that we're a fair way down the road with another player.

I wonder if there is something to this Cameron rumour and we see a great opportunity to use Ryder to our advantage.

For example:
Adelaide: Cameron
GWS: Pick 9 + Ryder
ESS: Lynch + Lyons

Or something along those lines, plus the inevitable "steak knives".

Rucci alluded to Port making a play for someone big and it's not Ryder. They'd have to be into Cameron as well. They are a serious player with a good coach and we don't have one.

We can't afford for our coach search to drag on and we need Clarkson to entice players to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci alluded to Port making a play for someone big and it's not Ryder. They'd have to be into Cameron as well. They are a serious player with a good coach and we don't have one.

We can't afford for our coach search to drag on and we need Clarkson to entice players to come.
True, but when was the last time rooch got something right...

True, but when was the last time rooch got something right...

I must say it's an interesting one, our lack of interest does tend to suggest that we're a fair way down the road with another player.

I wonder if there is something to this Cameron rumour and we see a great opportunity to use Ryder to our advantage.

For example:

That's the best suggested trade I've seen so far, it's actually fairly realistic and fair for all parties. It would just come down to players accepting the trade.

For example:

Swap lynch for Reilly, wright, Johnston and petrenko and we've got ourselves a deal :)

We give Lynch and Douglas for Cameron

Then we can give a entire spine to essendon of players that can play but we don't need to fill their list for Hooker if he wants out which anybody with the exception of a captain would.

L.Thomson
Shaw
Lyons
Johnston
Petrenko

If possible keep Lyons

And with pick 9 pick up a key defender to develope or use Hartigan s a third tall

redhorse did Cameron come?

Yes he did. 2 day visit. Was here for the sacking....not sure if thats good or bad? Seems strange a coach gets sacked the week of a player visiting. I got told JC didnt even meet with Sando the whole time.

I get back to Adelaide Tuesday Morning, then I can get a bit more involved again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back