Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He certainly is a nice player and looks to have potential to be a nice player. But from the games ive seen him play this year he has definaly not looked like a top 10 draft pick. Round 2 seems about right

No it doesn't lol.

Scharenberg is not a key defender. Defender yes. Key no. Midfielder maybe. But when will we get to see him play?

July 2015 if you're able to attend VFL matches and then perhaps the last few weeks at senior level if you share my opinion that we'll be bottom 6 or so next year :thumbsu:

No it doesn't lol.

July 2015 if you're able to attend VFL matches and then perhaps the last few weeks at senior level if you share my opinion that we'll be bottom 6 or so next year :thumbsu:
Scharenberg in senior team in 2016 unfortunately, year back from a knee he will not play seniors, and he shouldn't

Scharenberg in senior team in 2016 unfortunately, year back from a knee he will not play seniors, and he shouldn't

If they're ready you play them. He'll be ready so it'll largely depend on what position the senior team is in.

I think we'll really be struggling so the club will want something to hang their hat on.

Last edited:
It's usually 12 months max. It will depend on how Shazza goes in he rehab and how his body responds to treatment. We all saw Krak come back and play at the end of 2012 when he did his knee in preseason, and Caff did too (albeit in the twos).

There's no definite time for an ACL recovery, fingers crossed he responds well to treatment.

I've liked Moore's first half.

Crashed a pack with real venom. Also have been surprised by how well he is reading the flight of the ball today, and at CHF not getting stuck between the ball as he did during the first game of the u18 champs and he has taken some real high balls just getting to it at the right time. Ground ball stuff is terrific and clean and the comments about him playing like a midfielder are right. Nice by hand and gave a nice long handball. Giving the second and third efforts. Footskills looking fine today. Using pace and strength well in game. Dropped one or two marks he probably should have taken but has been one of the clear best in the first half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Moore compare to Luke McDonald who went at pick 8 last year as F/S

Level pegging. North got fair value for him, but like us they missed out on a bargain due to not getting the job done onfield.

The key difference is that Moore is highly unlikely to give us the immediate impact that McDonald gave the Kangas.

Level pegging. North got fair value for him, but like us they missed out on a bargain due to not getting the job done onfield.

The key difference is that Moore is highly unlikely to give us the immediate impact that McDonald gave the Kangas.

I thought McDonald was more consistent in his output, Darcy has been a bit up and down although that could be partly due to the role/s he has played.

I thought McDonald was more consistent in his output, Darcy has been a bit up and down although that could be partly due to the role/s he has played.

Darcy's consistency has been top drawer for a tall that's been chopped and changed between the forward and back halves. The only talls that have been more dominant are McKenzie and McCartin with McKenzie beating up on lesser opponents in some circumstances.

He'll end the season with big scalps as a defender, 20 odd goals as a forward, 25 plus contested marks and by the sounds of things just about Oakleigh's best performer in the finals.

He's a lean tall so I don't expect him to dominate in the same way that Wright, Boyd and Kruezer have. McDonald on the other hand was a utility type that was settled in the one position and was already at the Roos full time to this point so it's tough to make a comparison on that aspect.

Wait until he tears up the combine and tests the best of all tall's.

ByBa7Y0CUAATUTU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back