Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got around to starting Watch Dogs on the PS4. I'm really liking it - cool gameplay.

Only issue for me is that, like with a foreign movie, I'm spending more time reading the information about other people on the screen than I am watching the great rendering and graphics of Chicago.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes is cool, but I think I'm bored of it after like 20% through. Cool concept.

The Last of Us (I'm new to PS) ... pretty underwhelmed really.

Mario Kart - infinite replay value, incredibly solid ... endless hours of fun.

This has been James' Casual Gamer Reviews.

Briefly tried the first Dragon Age on 360 and it didnt grab me, which bothers me because Bioware RPGs are right up my alley.

I've been hankering for a good RPG lately. Maybe I should try again. Should I definitely start with the first? Should I go PC instead of Console?

Latecomer to this conversation.

DA:O was pretty much my entry point to RPGs. Apart from Fallout 3 probably the only RPG I really genuinely enjoyed. I'm not a huge video game player, though.

But it took me a long time to get into it. Put it down many times before picking it up again. If you're struggling to get into it, I recommend restarting from scratch.

The best thing about it is how well it integrates side stories and quests into the little worlds within the game. It means that everything you do advances your understanding of the world a bit more.

As for DLC, I strongly recommend Warden's Keep and the Stone Prisoner. Don't bother with the others though.

The best thing about it is how well it integrates side stories and quests into the little worlds within the game. It means that everything you do advances your understanding of the world a bit more.

Yep, would expect nothing less from a Bioware RPG. They're the kings.

Have you played the Mass Effect games? Reckon you'd love them.

Yep, would expect nothing less from a Bioware RPG. They're the kings.

Have you played the Mass Effect games? Reckon you'd love them.

Yeah, I did enjoy those actually. Not as much as DA:O. Maybe about as much as DA2.

Hanging out for Fallout 4. Might be a long wait.

Shadow of Mordor is getting some very impressive reviews. I picked it up for PC for just over $40 from the amazing OzGamesStore (which I have only discovered).

any experts here know any decent strategy games? Been rolling with Hearthstone and it's stupid... it's easy against players that don't pay to win but almost impossible against blokes that take the game too seriously and buy card packs etc. Loved civilisation series and looking forward to the new one coming out that TBD posted above. Absolutely my favourite genre and need a fix.

Bought the destiny ps4 bundle and I hate it just been gathering dust in my room... any help on ps4 games as well? My brother said D3:RoS is great fun but I already have D3 for my ps3 and don't want to buy another copy just for ps4 especially since I didn't get 'into' it the first time around.

Not really a gamer myself but sometimes I have a few hours to spare and hit it up.

I refuse to answer until you retract your comments about Hearthstone. :p

FWIW, you can build a deck to compete for about 30 bucks. Fair price for a fun game IMO. There are limits in place on how many legendary cards you can use etc.

Yep Hearthstone rocks. It is awesome even if I linger in the low teens for Ranked play.

On strategy games, Crusader Kings 2 is incredible if you are interested in a medieval dynasty simulator as much as medieval history and geopolitics simulator.

Need an SLI profile for Shadow of Mordor... STAT! It's playing ok (just went through the intro bit) but it could be prettier if it was actually taking full advantage of my system. Seems like a perfect mix of Assassin's Creed and Batman: AC with some sweet Tolkien/Jackson trappings.

30 gb download. School hols have left 15gb of cap left until tomorrow. I really wish you could schedule Steam downloads. New cap starts midnight

30 gb download. School hols have left 15gb of cap left until tomorrow. I really wish you could schedule Steam downloads. New cap starts midnight

Most providers have unmetered steam in aus I thought. Telstra does, iinet and it's subsidiaries do, I'm pretty sure even Optus hosts a server. When I lived on the farm I would IP lock it to the Telstra servers and down load via mobile Internet without it counting against my usage.

I'm with iiNet and Steam seems pretty metered to me. It might be (like with Xbox Live) unmetered for some things and not others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh so if it isn't cached locally it won't be unmetered
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2050186
User Chucky
I'm not convinced EVERYTHING on steam is quota free, period.

You would be correct, It is only things located on known Australian Steam Servers :)

For a full list of IP's to compare against look at: http://www.internode.on.net/residential/entertainment/unmetered_content/ip_address_list/

The only steam filtering app to take into account the new CDN (Http downloads) is Steam Limiter :https://code.google.com/p/steam-limiter/

In relation to the content on the servers, iiNet/Internode/3FL/GON have no say in it, it is purely down to Steam/Valve and as best we can tell based on the popularity of a game within a region.

If you set it to the 3FL servers it's in your freezone, as long as the game you are trying to download is hosted on the 3FL servers.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2199140

You can use an app called steam limiter to prevent steam from downloading off non-preferred servers as well.

Most big new releases and popular stuff goes straight onto the servers for local hosting. There used to be lists of specifically hosted files but i can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks. I'll look into it, and usually it's not a problem, but I have three monsters who will sit and play Minecraft online AND "watch" high res YouTube videos in the background while they play. School hols have kinda killed it.

OK my DA Inquisition interest is ramping up again. Th ecrafting and character customisation systems are huge.

Enjoying Borderlands pre sequel so far. Characters are interesting, Australia references and voice acting are entertaining. Loot drops seem better than 2, more higher quality items in vending machines and decent drops from enemies so far too. Whilst it makes getting loot easier, i enjoy it more as i didnt like doing boss or chest farming runs to get loot, id rather play the game instead of doing hours of farming. I do find im dying more than i did it so it isnt too easy despite better drops.

Game looks great despite what could have been a boring environment like the moon. Lower gravity is also fun. Laser guns are awesome as well.

Enjoying Borderlands pre sequel so far. Characters are interesting, Australia references and voice acting are entertaining. Loot drops seem better than 2, more higher quality items in vending machines and decent drops from enemies so far too. Whilst it makes getting loot easier, i enjoy it more as i didnt like doing boss or chest farming runs to get loot, id rather play the game instead of doing hours of farming. I do find im dying more than i did it so it isnt too easy despite better drops.

Game looks great despite what could have been a boring environment like the moon. Lower gravity is also fun. Laser guns are awesome as well.
Yeah I've been having a blast with it as well, the Aussieisms are a blast. I dropped a bit of extra coin on games this week so have been bouncing between Borderlands Pre-Sequel, Shadow of Mordor, Crusader Kings 2 Charlemagne Expansion and Forza Horizons on the XBone (plus a bit of Minecraft with my daughter). I had a quiet weekend thanks to a tooth removal on Thursday. Might hae to get active next weekend.

SOON!
View attachment 88769

Avoided paying the bullshit Australia Tax too. Got my CDKEY from a Brazilian site and paid less than half the Aussie rate.
I got mine from Ozgamesshop and ended up paying $78ish (AUD). How much did you pay TBD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back