Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a degenerative hip.

He had hip impingement surgery which should give him no further problems. Look it up

You don't say! It's a running joke in this thread :thumbsu:

What I do find odd is that after the 300 or so smart arse posts on his hip one of Darcy's biggest fans makes a reference to it and it's the first time anyone's taken it seriously. Just funny how things work like that...

It's not a degenerative hip.

He had hip impingement surgery which should give him no further problems. Look it up
Nah it's definitely degenerative, which will put the other clubs off drafting him;)

You don't say! It's a running joke in this thread :thumbsu:

What I do find odd is that after the 300 or so smart arse posts on his hip one of Darcy's biggest fans makes a reference to it and it's the first time anyone's taken it seriously. Just funny how things work like that...
All good Scodog :D

What most impressed me:
- was clearly scragged a few time but got straight back up and raced to the next contest- his impact when he hits backs
- his speed
- his chase out of f50
- The ability to roost it 55-60m near the end of a game when he'd be tired.
- his kicking technique looks very sound
- overhead marking on the lead arms fully stretched akin to Jarryd Roughead. That's unspoilable.
- leadership

I don't want to put too much pressure on the kid, but his last two weeks have absolutely ruled out any chance of a second rounder.

Being a former Oakleigh employee, I had to get down to Etihad today and it was actually the first time I saw him live and I was pleasantly surprise by te amount of speed he actually has for a guy who stands 199cm!

Good times ahead my friends, we've got a potential superstar on our hands.

I don't mind Touk (sp?) Miller. Seems to be doing everything he can to bring Calder back into it.
There's a reason why he's Calder's captain, Vic Metro captain and made the team of the year! I thought he was going to turn the game, just couldn't get the support!
What most impressed me:
- was clearly scragged a few time but got straight back up and raced to the next contest- his impact when he hits backs
- his speed
- his chase out of f50
Not going to lie, I definitely hardened up in the pants a little bit when I saw him start 15-20 behind and almost catch the kid. Underestimated his pace!

Hi Darcy;

https://twitter.com/SavellDave

ByBu45UCcAA9Zoy.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I should also add that the second part of my post was just a general observation. I haven't bought into the joke, but Murphy's law was always going to be in play as soon as I did :thumbsu:
Who was named BOG? I missed SEN go through it and the only observation I can make is that it wasn't Darcy. De Goey and Urban sounded like they were in it up to their eyeballs.
Collingwood Fans ‏@magpie_fans 34m
Toby McLean - #TACCupGF best on ground winner.

Thanks to all for the Darcy updates from today's game. He really is generating plenty of excitement for us, at the end of a lucklustre season.

For those staying on to watch the VFL GF, go Doggies!

I'd say there will be a rush on #30 guernseys at the Westpac centre in about 2 weeks time. I'll have one.
I was a kid when Peter left us for a bundle of cash, I remember the effect it had on my step Dad. He was gutted. I for one am jumping out of my skin at the prospect of seeing Darcy, who was born a Pie, running around for us for hopefully the next 15 years. I couldn't care whether he costs us pick 1 or 100. Sure would be great if he slid to the 2nd round though!

I heard he has Royal hips. They've been likened in medical reports to Egyptian royalty, namely Tutenkaman. Not from when he reigned.. More from when he was discovered. A little dusty...

Looks a player, shame about his chronic hip issues.

We might have another Rusling here.

Why does this happen to us? I think we should be looking at picking him up with our third round pick IF we decided to pick him up since other clubs wouldn't take the risk with his hip issues and I've head rumours that he might want to go back to Nigeria in the future which is of course where his parent's long lost ancestors are from.

Too much of a risk imo, would not take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back