Academy Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Rooey17 whatboutbob

Wagner (#17) for Qld vs Nth Ballarat (TAC Cup)
Thought he was close to BOG for Qld when I watched this game live - video review confirmed same.

More, of Academy kids from this game, to follow, when I have time.

Great stuff, Crusha. Certainly looks to have a real natural aggression.

I can't put my finger on it, but I think there's something a little odd about his kicking action though. Doesn't look quite natural.

Man am I impressed my Hammelman!! Would love him on our list! Loves to pluck a mark and looks quick for his size! His disposal by foot can be a little poor by the looks of things but once that neatens up he could be very valuable!!

Rooey17 whatboutbob

Wagner (#17) for Qld vs Nth Ballarat (TAC Cup)
Thought he was close to BOG for Qld when I watched this game live - video review confirmed same.

The Wagner clan is a pretty strong bloodline in Qld footy.

Agree, looks very tidy and hard-working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff, Crusha. Certainly looks to have a real natural aggression.

I can't put my finger on it, but I think there's something a little odd about his kicking action though. Doesn't look quite natural.
But effective. Found he kicked off one step a bit. When it's put out in front of the leading player like it was, hard to knock too much. (Not that you were)
Looks a likely type.

Think they have a bit of history at Sandgate.

checkmark_24_black.png

can any of the experts predict how our draft will go in regards to how many academy prospects we will nominate and at what level if any they will be bid against...

from what i have read, as many as 4 or 5 kids will come from the academy and maybe 2 or 3 will draw bids from other clubs..

Hypothetically if we stick to keeping pick 4/5 and use our second round pic on Ryder or another F.A., does this mean we will use the rest of our picks on academy kids?

Also worth mentioning that Wagner had some solid performances in the Lions ressies aswell. Has been highly rated for a long time and once he improves his consistency it will be hard not to draft him.

Also worth mentioning that Wagner had some solid performances in the Lions ressies aswell. Has been highly rated for a long time and once he improves his consistency it will be hard not to draft him.

His beep test results coupled with a fairly low hype level around him had me guessing he was a running machine, but maybe had questionable disposal or decision-making -- like a Simon Hogan or a Tom Rischbieth type. But there was no evidence of that watching that vid. Very composed.

ALLIES TEAM
B: Michael Mattingly (NSW-ACT) Logan Austin (NSW-ACT) Harris Andrews (QLD)
HB: Josh McGuinness (TAS) Abe Davis (NSW-ACT) Liam Dawson (QLD)
C: Lachie Weller (QLD) Tim Jones (TAS) Jack Hiscox (NSW-ACT)
HF: Nakia Cockatoo (NT) Jeremy Finlayson (NSW-ACT) Braydon Hodgson (NSW-ACT)
F: Matthew Uebergang (QLD) Matthew Hammelmann (QLD) Jack Steele (NSW-ACT)
R: Braydon Preuss (QLD) Isaac Heeney (NSW-ACT) Caleb Hislop (TAS)

I/C:
Josh Watts (TAS) Nick Jackson (QLD) Jordan Foote (NSW-ACT) Dougal Howard (NSW-ACT) Nick Coughlan (NSW-ACT)
Coach: Jason Saddington

NAB AFL ACADEMY (U17 AUSTRALIAN TEAM)
B: Thomas Cole (VIC C) Sam Skinner (VIC C) Stephen Tahana (SA)
HB: Greg Clark (WA) Jacob Weitering (VIC C) Aaron Francis (SA)
C: Callum Ah Chee (WA) Rhys Mathieson (VIC C) James Parsons (VIC M)
HF: Ben Keays (QLD) Sam Weideman (VIC M) Harley Balic (VIC M)
F: Josh Dunkley (VIC C) Josh Schache (VIC C) Luke Partington (SA)
R: Tim Sullivan (SA) Callum Mills (NSW-ACT) Nick O'Kearney (VIC M)

I/C:
Kieran Collins (VIC C) Liam Jeffs (VIC M) Jake Sushames (TAS) Kade Stewart (WA) Ben Crocker (VIC M) Keiran Agius (SA) Aidyn Johnson (VIC C) Dylan McDonald (NSW-ACT) Jordan Snaddon (WA) Yestin Eades (WA) Charlie Curnow (VIC C)
Coach: Brad Johnson

Dawson vs Keays should be a nice little match-up :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back