Preview GRAND FINAL: Port Adelaide v Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

They may bleat on about full-time v part time footballers, but norwood can at least pick ruckmen and kpd's. We have to pick fit afl listed players, even if it means there is no balance in the team. If even brent renouf plays, we win.

Man it hurts so much to lose twice by narrow margins but I couldn't be more content with the direction our AFL/SANFL teams are heading in. The future is really bright for the PAFC guys, here's to a big off season where we can hope to strengthen both sides ruck stocks.

No respect for the way Norwood played that game at all. What sort of pathetic team parks the bus to defend a two goal lead for 20 minutes. Every time they got the ball they kicked it straight at the boundary line. Pathetic gamestyle that would make even Ross Lyon blush. #realfooty my arse.

Some campaigners around here are pretty over the moon for a reserves premiership.

Seriously though the ******* degenerates repping non-relevant SANFL guernseys today and barracking for Norwood was pathetic and disgusting. It was like witnessing 10k people pick their nose and eat it for three hours.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you have literally no empathy?

What is the point picking a player who is on 1 leg in GF?

Bad call, buts that just my opinion. Not everyone has to agree with.

on the delisting part, we need to make space for Key Position, not keep list fillers on it for the sake of it, especially list fillers with bad injury history.

Disappointed but I'm not devastated, too many players were either overawed in the 1st qtr, or still coming down from last nights AFL nail biter, and against a hardened finals team like norwood a good start was paramount to the Maggies chances.

In my humble opinion our premiership hopes nosedived when Renouf did his knee, he may be ordinary at AFL level, but he would have been more than handy today.
The upside ( of the Renouf injury ) is Mitch Harvey had to be thrown into the ruck, and he did ok given his age and lack of experience.

I'm still not sure about Clurey, it is only his 2nd year on the list, but he looks too short for a KPP at SANFL level, let alone the next level up, and those with angst against Heath need to vent their spleen elsewhere, he HAD to be chosen because they are the rules the club has agreed to.

Edit - Campbell Heath would have had to tell the club he wasn't fit to play, which was highly unlikely given he was almost certainly playing for his AFL career.

In my humble opinion our premiership hopes nosedived when Renouf did his knee, he may be ordinary at AFL level, but he would have been more than handy today.
The upside ( of the Renouf injury ) is Mitch Harvey had to be thrown into the ruck, and he did ok given his age and lack of experience.
Yep. Hard to win without a ruckman.

Was disappointed we lost , it was a reasonable game till near the end of the third term , regardless of result , me and Norwood mate agree, game,
skills etc., a let down in the end . Our contested marking and passing woefull at times.

All the circle jerking on the Camry board actually brings me a smile. It shows the force that the PAFC is becoming again, and they're intimidated by it. We take a little short term pain for long term gain this weekend, while they'll be 9th-18th and loving it for quite a while especially when their best player walks.

To be honest I'm not even fussed over the loss. I was over it about 5 minutes after the siren when I realised how much of an amateur league the SANFL is. I probably would have been the same if we had won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back