Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gents it's all about Sam Mitchell for me.
Super important for him to stand up again and play a blinder. I thought at times last night he was dead set ordinary and his body language was poor.

We need this guy to fire for us. If he gets inside and plays a blinder we can win this thing.

I'm not convinced on Cyril. We're talking about the chance of back-to-back flags. Can we risk an underdone player?

LOL...seriously i gotta question people on here sometimes....guys its CYRIL RIOLI!!! LMAO - top 5 player in the comp...and is not a midfielder who is required to win 25-30 possessions. His main role like Puopolo needs to be able to put on forward pressure, and the sheer presence of him exerts extraordinary amounts of perceived pressure alone...He will do that no probs if his declared himself right, reason he didnt play last week cause HE told the coaching group he wasnt sure of himself and didnt want to jeopardize our Prelim by breaking down (even though the docs told him he was right)....IT WAS a mental thing, now if he has had a proper little run around and declared himself fit than that will be more than good enough for Clarko and the rest of the MC ;)

Hmmmm its going to be a Sizzling Delicious Saturday...geez he will come in because Bruce Mac hasnt had a proper stiff for a while and needs Cyril to allow his commentary juices to flow lol

Only hard tough decision is who goes out??? Looking more and more like Suckling...probs unlucky or Spangher and we play one tall slightly short in defense...meaning Birchall 196cm, would play on Reid 198cm (who is still in some doubt)...would require Birch to actually stand up to his height and when kicked to at least Half the marking contest against Reid, bring the ball to ground, than he would be free to run off....Sydney would look to exploit that match up though....sending Reid one out deep...Birch would really need to stand up - and the increased leg speed (Cyril >>>> Spangher) would make the team so much quicker

Either way - Simpkin stays as SUB - Cyril starts on the ground!!!
Spang or Suck - up to the MC but Rioli is that good he could play Sucklings role better than Suckling does...as well as EVERYTHING else

You need a big body on Kennedy......Lewis has to go to him at the stoppages.

Hill wont be going head to head with Jetta......Cunningham will be taking him. (This match up will probably decide if we can win or not.)

My concern is if Lewis isn't 100% I'd back him more as a defensive forward than a midfielder.

cyril at 80% would still be better than some of the players on the ground by far.

Thing is his not at 80% physically...his around 100% (well as close to 100 as u can be with dodgy hammies)...but he is fine
His mental state is probably around 80% - but 10mins into the game - a goal under his belt and a few contested possessions later that will all sort itself out...CYRIL MUST PLAY!!! He just needs to curb the SUPER EXTREME MAGICAL INHUMAN FEATS like bending down to pick up the ball running at 10million miles an hour. Or when the ball is going out of play - let it go out of play (u dont have to be the 1st to the boundary line if the ball is going out) especially straight after the OPENING BOUNCE or HALF TIME - he needs to warm into the each quarter...

In the meantime its Cyril - like you said, his 80% is still lighting the MCG on fire....WAIT till the 100% kicks in, halfway through the 3rd quarter when he knows his warm, its do or die, and Clarkson has given him the green like to start sizzling (because Simpkin will be ready to replace him just in case) - but there will be no need ;)

Also to be fair the delivery wasn't the quality he is used to and as a small forward it's difficult to get into the game without it.

Looked good when he was put into the middle but wasn't given much time to really get into it before he was taken off and put in the cotton wool.

Cyril 200% comes in.. The guy has the runs on the board, you don't even question him if your Clarko and he says he's right. You're in junior boy, no doubt about it.

Got myself 4 tickets through work, very excited and can't wait for the day. Hopefully better day out than 2012 when I was ejected after the match at the TAB eek. Go hawks

Cyril 200% comes in.. The guy has the runs on the board, you don't even question him if your Clarko and he says he's right. You're in junior boy, no doubt about it.

Got myself 4 tickets through work, very excited and can't wait for the day. Hopefully better day out than 2012 when I was ejected after the match at the TAB eek. Go hawks

If you think that's bad I had amazing seats in 2012, M44, beside the Swans interchange bench and sitting between Dr Peter Larkins, Matthew Richardson and Tim Watson...and then the 2nd quarter happened. There is nothing worse than knowing Adam Goodes did his PCL and then watching the campaigner some how arsing that goal in the final

Just a s**t day all round, ended up flying back to Brisbane (where I was at the time) still with the poncho on, 2 days ahead of schedule and $500 lighter in the pocket!

The great thing about living in Brisbane was that no one gave a s**t about the game...ended up drowning my sorrows at a house party where * all people recognised my scarf.

Retribution is a bitch and sometimes the games limited profile north of the Barassi line is absolute golden!

My tip: Hawthorn saluting #12 with a stirring 4 to 6 goal win. As for an omen? Between 2013 and 2014 I've been allocated almost the exact same seats in Q46. The only time I've ever sat in up Q46 was for the Geelong PF and Fremantle GF last year!

Last edited:
I'm worried. In 2012 we were being swamped by the crows at the final siren and the same yesterday.

We need to get angry and play out of our skin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COLA does seem a bit silly to be honest. I mean what about Carlton players, that's a pricey area in Melbourne, so should they get more COLA than say Geelong?? I mean Geelong would be cheap to live I assume as it's not CBD, so then should they have less salary cap? (Port Adelaide is cheap to live too)... it's a total mess this COLA stuff in my opinion.

Cost of living extra rates works in jobs where people are paid MINIMUM wage, and really should not apply to a job where earning around $100,000 a year or so (like AFL footballers).

Let's not be under any illusions. CoLA was introduced not long after Collingwood pinched Anthony Rocca from Sydney. It is, was and always was meant to be a tool to retain and attract talent. It has nothing to do with cost of living. Yes it has taken Sydney 20 odd years to figure out how to use it properly (apparently that is worlds best management - 20 years until you get it right :rolleyes:) but now they are flying with it. Given the truly national nature of AFL now it is 100% unnecessary.

If you think that's bad I had amazing seats in 2012, M44, beside the Swans interchange bench and sitting between Dr Peter Larkins, Matthew Richardson and Tim Watson...and then the 2nd quarter happened. There is nothing worse than knowing Adam Goodes did his PCL and then watching the campaigner some how arsing that goal in the final

Just a s**t day all round, ended up flying back to Brisbane (where I was at the time) still with the poncho on, 2 days ahead of schedule and $500 lighter in the pocket!

The great thing about living in Brisbane was that no one gave a s**t about the game...ended up drowning my sorrows at a house party where * all people recognised my scarf.

Retribution is a bitch and sometimes the games limited profile north of the Barassi line is absolute golden!

My tip: Hawthorn saluting #12 with a stirring 4 to 6 goal win. As for an omen? Between 2013 and 2014 I've been allocated almost the exact same seats in Q46. The only time I've ever sat in up Q46 was for the Geelong PF and Fremantle GF last year!

Haha. Brilliant. My story was similar but different.

Myself and a mate got to G as 2 hawk mad supporters and in our finest form smuggled in a few bottles of vodka. By the time Malceski kicked the winner we both headed to the TAB ( with a belly full of vodka) and sports bar to drown our sorrows. I ended up getting a tip from my mate for a Perth galloper, as I'm waiting for the race to start I'm desperately trying to get on the touch screen in time, anyway I had a campaigner Swans supporter taking his sweet arse time. I politely asked him to move along as I'm trying to get on and his response was ' shoulda got here earlier champ', well that just set me off and I seen red literally. A fracas takes place and before I know it I'm ejected with my phone and wallet missing and no mate.

Sooooooo.. It's 5:30, no money, no phone and blind as a bat. I jump on a tram to get to southern cross and in my wisdom go into the liquor place and knock off a couple of beers and jump on the V-Line to my parents place in Sunbury. By the time the trains at St.albans I've vommited and been kicked off, but low and behold an old school friend was getting off at St.Albans and drove me home! Very very lucky as I was up s**t creek without a paddle.

Hawks lost
Phone gone
Wallet gone
Ejected from the G
Missed a winning tip
Kicked off a train and vomit all over myself

2012 GF day was a bad day In my life.

I'm worried. In 2012 we were being swamped by the crows at the final siren and the same yesterday.

We need to get angry and play out of our skin
This. When the final siren went yesterday, all I could think about was the 2012 prelim. This year will be different - we're fit, we're a better team for the experience we've had since 2012.

Langford's development has been incredible,the fact he shutdown Boak and still was able to generate clearances was brilliant.I hope we are 'ON' for the start of the GF.

Is Poppy in any danger of missing out for Rioli ? more like for like ..
I might not be seeing it but he seems to have a had a few quiet weeks

Langford's development has been incredible,the fact he shutdown Boak and still was able to generate clearances was brilliant.I hope we are 'ON' for the start of the GF.
19 contested possessions and 10 clearances. Amazing work.

No excuses for not being on in a grand final.."none.....don't want any bullshit excuses on sat,if we go down go down like port fighting it out to the end and taking the game on,if we're not good enough so be it but no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back