2nds WAFL Watch 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Underwhelming performance by the eagles listed players today. Subi wanted it more and were by far the better side

Mcinness probably the only player that showed something. Sheed looked tentative.

Brennan went ok in his last game before returning to old easts next year

Brennan was ok, Smith was excellent in the last quarter. But both are gone.

McInnes did well by his own standards, but that's not saying much.

Yeah, Hill's performance today made me question why he was re-signed (more than I already did), even Paddy was much better.
Not sure about that, Paddy seemed to be matching up against Horsley for much of the match and I know who won that battle.

At the game I thought McIness played the best I've seen from him so far. Very dangerous in the air and on the ground.

In the first quarter it looked like your/EP's talls were going to be the difference. Sinclair appeared pretty menacing early but his day descended into a shocker - not that he was alone amongst his fellow Eagles. I can't really fathom how unreliable Hill is. He looked for all money as though he had turned the corner having come to your club a year or two back, but now he's regressed back to where he was when the Bulldog's finally lsot patience with him. Certainly agree with the calls regarding Cadwallader, he looks to have that intangible quality of decisiveness that separates good WAFL footballers from genuine AFL talent.

Also saw the colts grand final, Waterman utterly dominated the first ten minutes of the third coming out in the rain when Claremont desperately needed it. Must say I wasn't overly impressed with the remainder of his game - lacked impact and blazed away a couple of times too many for my liking. As for other prospects, Bevan started well but faded significantly. The two Daniels' for Swans were probably the best two players on the ground. Definitely a lot to be excited about with Petrevski-Seton who was absolutely terrific. Swans were the tougher side though and whilst momentum fluctuated they always appeared to have an answer.

Jason Daniels wins BoG. Well deserved, for a guy who was overlooked for the state 18's.
How did he miss out?
Good work ducks!

Daniels got a small taste of league footy this year. He looks a good size.
JD looks a gem. Attacks the ball hard, jesus I love him <3, uses the ball well for someone on the inside a lot.
Sat out in the rain watching the boys and tbh Claremont were lucky to be as close in the end. Just ran relentlessly in waves. Waterman kept them in that game for a long stretch but he was overwhelmed in the end. Shand looked good in the ruck, even though he gets pushed off the ball a bit too easily, Wilson was great off half back, Dylan Smith was fantastic for a bloke thrown down back because our normal KPD got glandular fever during the week. Great team effort.

I actually thought there was only 1 team that could butcher the GF like that, if they had all those AFL aligned players, and they haven't been there for 30+ years, but I was wrong.

Yeah, Hill's performance today made me question why he was re-signed (more than I already did), even Paddy was much better.

I reckon the club offered him a Dalziell type deal, but as where he declined and got delisted, Hill knows his time is up and pretty much took anything he was going to get offered, I expect next year to be his last at the club.

No wonder we could never really make any wholesale changes to the team during the year, our depth at WAFL level is trash, thanks again Woosh! :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did he miss out?

JD looks a gem. Attacks the ball hard, jesus I love him <3, uses the ball well for someone on the inside a lot.
Sat out in the rain watching the boys and tbh Claremont were lucky to be as close in the end. Just ran relentlessly in waves. Waterman kept them in that game for a long stretch but he was overwhelmed in the end. Shand looked good in the ruck, even though he gets pushed off the ball a bit too easily, Wilson was great off half back, Dylan Smith was fantastic for a bloke thrown down back because our normal KPD got glandular fever during the week. Great team effort.

God knows Swannies. Watched him a few times pre champs and he was brilliant. Post champs he lifted again. Had a lot of what WA needed more of, which was speed and agility at the ball drop.

Just too much speed and size across the board. While Jason was clearly the Swans best they were really even underneath him.

Dropping Jake Jones was a big call and Simpson competed as best he could with Shand. Claremont have lacked a true ruckmen all year and I was surprised Jeremy Goddard didn't play more games.

Cadwallader interests me more as a mature age rookie.

Just so i can go to the footy and yell "cadwallader you lickspittle that was absolute balderdash, if you keep shirking the contest you will be sent to coventry for the duration you boundah"

We would have to be the worst wet weather team in the comp at the moment.

North game, Richmond game, most of our listed players wearing EP jumpers yesterday...

Obviously it's a bit hard to work on that between November & February in Perth, but it's a bit of a worry...

Well I can safely say he won't be joining any pro golf tours. He has a hook that would make Colin Barnett blush.

This one?
Barnett_729-620x349.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back