Traded Sam Mayes (2012-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are going to see an explosive season from Mayes next year. Hes going to bolt when we have Rich/Redden back in the side and become a key for us winning games.

Despite his role change this season and playing in different positions he is still getting heathly statistical numbers and providing that solid link from defense to offense.

I wonder if he'll settle into a Luke Breust type role or if he'll get a shot in the midfield.

Leppa tried him every last year but I think he's best in the forward line. Would love him to play up front next season

I think he will play as a mid sized forward. 6 goals in two games as a forward for us this year and was looking to have easily a 30+ goal season IMO. Of course roles switched from round 3 onwards but it will make him a better player.

2015 will no doubt see him between the wing and as a forward and will absolutely carve it up.

Mayes averaged 16.7 disposals in his first season and 16.7 disposals in his second season, what are the chances?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am very excited to see Mayesie next season. I think he will be ready for a breakout season after 2 seasons of AFL footy and 2 and a half pre seasons under his belt. He will be fit, strong and ready to consistently play at his best. Watch him become one of our most damaging players on the wing and half forward flank with all the attention on the likes of Rich, Rockliff, Hanley, Beams and Zorko. I think he will average around 22 possessions a game next year and kick 30-40 goals throughout the year. He will be one of our top 3 players in the next few years.

One of them should autograph it. Superannuation investment all taken care of.

Just a question of which of them signing it would make it more confusing...

One of them should autograph it. Superannuation investment all taken care of.

Just a question of which of them signing it would make it more confusing...
Jake King?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back