Anyone 'rooting' for Rhyce in the GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

How things can change quickly.

Two years ago I loved the Swans and everything they stood for (bloods culture) and all that and was actually rapt when they won the flag. The happiest I have been over a GF winner apart from Collingwood obviously and because it was over Hawthorn it was that 10% sweeter.

Two years later, I have nothing but hatred for the Swans now, so much that I wanted Hawthorn to beat them twice this season.

How can Swans fans celebrate, when they know they are getting a unfair advantage. They won the flag in 2012 ffs and they get an extra million on their cap which got them Tippet and Franklin in the following two season. That's a genuine disgrace, it just goes to show the AFL are a business who don't give a stuff about anyone unless they can make money and they complain about the supporters not going to games this year.

I hate North as well but you would have to feel sorry for them getting destroyed by two guys who wouldn't be there if it wasn't for COLA.

Port are the real deal. Did it all off their own back instead of whinging like the rabble of a club that is Melbourne. Port actually remind me of Collingwood of 1999-2001 actually.

I hope Sydney win the flag. I hope Ryder goes to Sydney and I hope they go back to back in 2014/15.

Then I'd like to see other presidents and suppers say, "Eddie, you were right all this time" about the unfair advantage!

Swans can get stuffed. They won the premiership and were then able to bring in 2 one million dollar players on the list because the AFL deemed they need help to retain players? What a joke. Hate that club, they're cheating and flaunting it

I'm just going to pretend this grandfinal didn't happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be cheering for the Swans. Cannot stand Hawthorn.

I hate Hawthorn but they deserve the flag this year. The Swans have had no injury problems (as usual) and two million dollar recruits. They are the AFL's baby and for the first time I will be cheering on the Hawks.

Hate both clubs and I don't feel entitled to support a club just because it's GF.

My interest in this game is lower than a badminton match and I have never watched one before. Which ever side wins I will be shattered, either way I can't win but at least someone will cry which is good.

My tip is Sydney by 40 points but who cares really.

Cant really understand the hatred for the swans despite the "COLA" . they picked up Parker at 40, got a LOT of rejects like JPK, McGlynn, Ted Richards and Rhys Shaw and improved them. Picked rookies like Cunningham. Lloyd and Rampe and turned them into permanent fixtures. So they got Buddy and Tippet. No one would be going off if Buddy went to GWS. Mitch Morton was even a premiership player :confused:. You can't win a flag with Buddy if you can't kick it to them. Kudos to the Swans and i hope they win in the last minute by a point with Buddy kicking the last goal

Like both teams, bloody fantastic players. Dislike Sydney as a club. Happy for Ceglar or Shaw to win one but not that enthused.

If Sydney win they'll just cut the Cola and other rorts harder, if Hawthorn win they deserve it.

Cant really understand the hatred for the swans despite the "COLA" . they picked up Parker at 40, got a LOT of rejects like JPK, McGlynn, Ted Richards and Rhys Shaw and improved them. Picked rookies like Cunningham. Lloyd and Rampe and turned them into permanent fixtures. So they got Buddy and Tippet. No one would be going off if Buddy went to GWS. Mitch Morton was even a premiership player :confused:. You can't win a flag with Buddy if you can't kick it to them. Kudos to the Swans and i hope they win in the last minute by a point with Buddy kicking the last goal

Do you think they would win a flag this year if Tippet and Franklin were removed from their line up? I think not. Collingwood has done a brilliant job of patching together rejects into a finals contender. We did it under Hafey and again under Malthouse. I don't recall any love or good wishes coming our way because of it. I do recall a lot of hatred and abuse when we lost grand finals with these teams. We didn't have the luxury of picking up two key position superstars either.

Do you think they would win a flag this year if Tippet and Franklin were removed from their line up? I think not. Collingwood has done a brilliant job of patching together rejects into a finals contender. We did it under Hafey and again under Malthouse. I don't recall any love or good wishes coming our way because of it. I do recall a lot of hatred and abuse when we lost grand finals with these teams. We didn't have the luxury of picking up two key position superstars either.

We were not the best team under Hafey, and definately not the best team under Malthouse in 2002 and 2003. Both those coaching performances were awesome although Hafey stuffed up in the grand finals by overtraining. Swans won a flag 2 years ago without Buddy and Tippet. Tippet has been insignificant this year.

Think I'll be barracking for Sydney. Can understand that some are very against the CoLA, but CoLA didn't have much to do with the way they drafted players like Parker, traded in and had success with Shaw, Ted Richards etc., they are generally a pretty savvy operation and the Hawks are a local rival.

They might have overreached in the length of Franklin's contract, but if he nets Sydney a couple of flags before he shuffles off, it might be worth it.

Just wanted to point out that JPK was not a "reject"... he was a youngster coming through a list that had just won a flag and that had an a-grade midfield... of course he wasn't gonna be an automatic walk-in to the best 22, but at Hawthorn he would've had to be more patient in getting regular games... that's not rejection, that's the nature of list management.

And I do agree that Sydney has a good history of recruiting non-star players - and that is why I went for them 2 years ago.

But, IMO - that has all changed with them being able to afford Tippet and Franklin, something that they would not have been able to do without COLA (or at least - would've had to sacrifice 10% more of their list to do so)... and I have concerns that both agreements were made well in advance of it becoming public, and that they made "godfather offers" to trump bottom-4 teams who should've been able to offer more money, if the cap and equalisation was working as it should.

That is why I really don't want Sydney to win.

I really don't like Hawthorn, and they come across as pretty arrogant to me. (as would any team going into its 3rd straight GF)... but more and more I think I am able to step back and really admire what they have done with their list. Their recruiting both of veterans and "rejects", and their ability to bring guys through the list without dropping their standards, is what we must be aiming for.
Plus - they made a wall of honour to walk off Luke Ball... for me thats probably enought to tip it in their favour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back