LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

After you have done that, in a few weeks try it again with the Mark Sisson carb load method.
That guide's for a 24 hour tough mudder though, is it applicable to an hour jog? My body's so primed for ketosis I don't feel like I need it.

In other news dirty carbs yesterday, hunger pains today :thumbsdown: lchf for life :)

That guide's for a 24 hour tough mudder though, is it applicable to an hour jog? My body's so primed for ketosis I don't feel like I need it.

In other news dirty carbs yesterday, hunger pains today :thumbsdown: lchf for life :)
given that its only an hour, maybe its worth trying just MCT oil and no-doze

Macadamia oil any good for cooking? I found some at my local supermarket today.

City to bay more like shitty to bay

fun runs apparently combine all the shitness of exercise, all the shitness of public transport and all the shitness of music festivals.

Got stuck right at the back for the start and the first 2km was an obstacle course of fat, slow, ******ed *******s. Burnt myself out and km 4-8 were ****** as my doms came back to haunt me and I was unable to find a rhythm in the hoards and hoards of runners. A couple of times it legitimately felt like peoples BO smacked me in the face.

Had a couple of strategic ~1 minute walks, one through the shade and one at a water station.

This allowed me some rhythm through km 8-10 at which point I took off as adrenalin took over and I drove myself to finish at the 70 minute mark. Ended up having a course marshall harass me for 100 metres (like literally running along side me) telling me to get back on the other side of a barrier as I ran through a bottleneck at Brighton road. Reason is ducked the barrier is the crowds of people dawdling along we're making it impossible for me to maintain my pace. Ended up saying "run, run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me I'm the ginger bread man." Wasn't even listening to what the dumb prick was saying as I had the 2011 above and beyond essential mix blasting through my head phones.

My last 2km would've been completed in close to 10 minutes which I'm pretty proud of. Especially considering how badly I laboured through the middle kms. Not to mention the leg pains I was dealing with from my epic squats and deads session only 3 days ago.

Would never do it again unless I qualified as a sub 60 minute athlete and didn't have to deal with fat smelly plebs getting in my way.

Here's a couple of polar beat screen shots

3y3uby5y.jpg

u8y6yzu7.jpg

4u4avu7a.jpg

Could've been better, could've been worse :)

I'll post more LCHF related info in an hour or so. For now just wanted to get that off my chest.
Ended up with an offical time of 1:10:49 which I'm pretty proud of considering all of the above, 70 minutes was my goal time pre race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar to your posting history in this thread.
I don't buy the concept that it's easier to overeat when eating carbs.

Yes, I agree when discussing simple carbs (sugars). If these are eaten heavily in refined forms (definitely not healthy - no one in the world would think that), then of course you are going to be taking on excess energy:

Now replace that daily 72 ounce steak with a bowl of cereal, a large frappuccino drink and a bagel, a sandwich and a large soda, an 8 ounce steak, some mashed potatoes, a bun, another large soda and maybe a dessert and you have a very easy to eat 3,500 calories… - See more at: http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/why-carbs-make-us-fat/#sthash.tkddzkiO.dpuf

The foods in red are excessive and no one would recommend them.

The foods in orange have probably been selected from high sugar types and could easily be replaced with more healthy options.

You could remove/substitute the above colours with healthy alternatives and insert excessive high-fat foods into the above and the exact same argument could be made for 'why fat makes us fat'.

Complex carbohydrates are a completely different story.

If they want to play that game, I note that in the equivalent size serving of french fries versus a baked potato we have:

- French fries 2.3kJ
- Baked potato 0.7kJ

Basically a straw man argument.

City to bay more like shitty to bay

fun runs apparently combine all the shitness of exercise, all the shitness of public transport and all the shitness of music festivals.

Got stuck right at the back for the start and the first 2km was an obstacle course of fat, slow, ******ed *******s. Burnt myself out and km 4-8 were ****** as my doms came back to haunt me and I was unable to find a rhythm in the hoards and hoards of runners. A couple of times it legitimately felt like peoples BO smacked me in the face.

Had a couple of strategic ~1 minute walks, one through the shade and one at a water station.

This allowed me some rhythm through km 8-10 at which point I took off as adrenalin took over and I drove myself to finish at the 70 minute mark. Ended up having a course marshall harass me for 100 metres (like literally running along side me) telling me to get back on the other side of a barrier as I ran through a bottleneck at Brighton road. Reason is ducked the barrier is the crowds of people dawdling along we're making it impossible for me to maintain my pace. Ended up saying "run, run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me I'm the ginger bread man." Wasn't even listening to what the dumb prick was saying as I had the 2011 above and beyond essential mix blasting through my head phones.

My last 2km would've been completed in close to 10 minutes which I'm pretty proud of. Especially considering how badly I laboured through the middle kms. Not to mention the leg pains I was dealing with from my epic squats and deads session only 3 days ago.

Would never do it again unless I qualified as a sub 60 minute athlete and didn't have to deal with fat smelly plebs getting in my way.

We're you given the option of where to start? The Great North Run up here in Newcastle UK is the largest mass participation half marathon in the world (50,000 plus competitors), the start is staggered across four groups and you nominate your expected finishing time so they can place you with runners of similar ability and not get stuck behind fatties.

We're you given the option of where to start? The Great North Run up here in Newcastle UK is the largest mass participation half marathon in the world (50,000 plus competitors), the start is staggered across four groups and you nominate your expected finishing time so they can place you with runners of similar ability and not get stuck behind fatties.
There is more scope for getting further to the front but it's not particularly well organised and pretty much operates on a first come first serve basis, ie get there early and you start up the front... regardless of fitness level.

Perth's city-surf is much better organised.

I don't buy the concept that it's easier to overeat when eating carbs.

Yes, I agree when discussing simple carbs (sugars). If these are eaten heavily in refined forms (definitely not healthy - no one in the world would think that), then of course you are going to be taking on excess energy:

The foods in red are excessive and no one would recommend them.

The foods in orange have probably been selected from high sugar types and could easily be replaced with more healthy options.

You could remove/substitute the above colours with healthy alternatives and insert excessive high-fat foods into the above and the exact same argument could be made for 'why fat makes us fat'.

Complex carbohydrates are a completely different story.

If they want to play that game, I note that in the equivalent size serving of french fries versus a baked potato we have:

- French fries 2.3kJ
- Baked potato 0.7kJ

Basically a straw man argument.
Have you previously removed carbs from your diet and not enjoyed the experience? Why do you hate this lifestyle so much?

There's studies advocating both sides of this argument so I really can't fathom your agenda here.

Have you previously removed carbs from your diet and not enjoyed the experience? Why do you hate this lifestyle so much?

There's studies advocating both sides of this argument so I really can't fathom your agenda here.
My agenda is disliking false or misleading stances to base an argument.

If you want to go LCHF, I have no problem of it. In fact I like reading scientific-based evidence and keep an open mind - feel free to post scientific studies.

But when someone says 'cavemen didn't eat rice' and then in the next sentence says 'but drink bulletproof coffee twice a day', I don't buy it. Or when someone says 'high carbs make you fat' and compares large soft drinks to lean steak, I can't accept that.

Do you see the difference?

My agenda is disliking false or misleading stances to base an argument.

If you want to go LCHF, I have no problem of it. In fact I like reading scientific-based evidence and keep an open mind - feel free to post scientific studies.

But when someone says 'cavemen didn't eat rice' and then in the next sentence says 'but drink bulletproof coffee twice a day', I don't buy it. Or when someone says 'high carbs make you fat' and compares large soft drinks to lean steak, I can't accept that.

Do you see the difference?
o_O you aren't aware of any scientific studies advocating health benefits of LCHF/Paleo lifestyle? This thread is full of them already.

Either way I don't need convincing as my own anecdotal self assessment has deduced that it works for me.

I'm still not sure why you'd come into a thread advocating LCHF (full of people actively engaged and living the LCHF lifestyle) when you're so ardently opposed to it. You aren't going to change our minds so you may as well * off :)

o_O you aren't aware of any scientific studies advocating health benefits of LCHF/Paleo lifestyle? This thread is full of them already.

Either way I don't need convincing as my own anecdotal self assessment has deduced that it works for me.

I'm still not sure why you'd come into a thread advocating LCHF (full of people actively engaged and living the LCHF lifestyle) when you're so ardently opposed to it. You aren't going to change our minds so you may as well **** off :)
I am aware. I said if you want to post scientific studies, go for it. 'Eating carbs make you fat' when discussing large soft drinks and large frappuccinos is nothing more than rhetoric.

It's a thread. It's a discussion point. If there was a thread called 'Lance Franklin - the greatest' on the main board, then you would expect a mixed range of views on that topic. I don't understand why this would be anything different.

Surely you should want to be keen on an open, truthful discussion.

I'm yet to be told anything I have said is wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back