2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

This comment will probably get laughed off but is it an option that we shelve our plans to lure a big name this year and have a massive crack at Tex Walker next year when he becomes a free agent. I have heard a few things about him being a bit unhappy with how Adelaide has handled a few things! If we were able to pull that off it would be incredible!!!!

This comment will probably get laughed off but is it an option that we shelve our plans to lure a big name this year and have a massive crack at Tex Walker next year when he becomes a free agent. I have heard a few things about him being a bit unhappy with how Adelaide has handled a few things! If we were able to pull that off it would be incredible!!!!

He just did a newspaper interview recently, where he stated that he did not like the Free Agency process. Also he hoped that he would not lose his mate Dangerfield to FA. He talked about loyalty to a club as well. So I can't see him leaving the Crows anytime soon.

They're always going to come out and say that. By not saying that, it immediately reduces the bargaining power they have (as limited as it may be); the fact he's still under contract.
While I do agree with that, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually meant that considering the "all or nothing" mentality of the current Essendon administration. It's also worth taking into consideration that Ryder has "apparently" said that he wants to see Essendon compensated. That good will might disappear if Essendon are seen to be overly obstructive in responding to trade offers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I do agree with that, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually meant that considering the "all or nothing" mentality of the current Essendon administration. It's also worth taking into consideration that Ryder has "apparently" said that he wants to see Essendon compensated. That good will might disappear if Essendon are seen to be overly obstructive in responding to trade offers.

Wouldn't be surprised with that at all, it'd be consistent with everything else they seem to be doing at the moment.

Historically Essendon haven't been the easiest to trade with either, though that might change with Kerr involved. Whatever does happen, it will set an interesting precedent.

Went over to the Port board to post this image regarding the Dons' desire for Wines or Hanley.

laughing.jpg

While over there discovered that there's a "Dylan8" and a "The Flying Doormat"

I got out of there quick smart.

Went over to the Port board to post this image regarding the Dons' desire for Wines or Hanley.

laughing.jpg

While over there discovered that there's a "Dylan8" and a "The Flying Doormat"

I got out of there quick smart.

Nek Minut a James South appears in a Power jumper

Essendon would be mad to take Ryder to Court, they won't win that one either. They need to take their medicine and move on.

Essendon Playing Hardball on Ryder.

"ESSENDON remains defiant and says it will not trade Patrick Ryder for a lesser pick or player, potentially forcing the star ruckman to the courts to break his contract."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...addy-ryder-trade/story-fni5f6kv-1227065847098

Reads like a story that was made fabricated to sell copies of the Hun. The stuff about Hanley and Wines is likely also made up. Why do some of you read these stories and think the views expressed in them represent Essendon's stance?

Reads like a story that was made fabricated to sell copies of the Hun. The stuff about Hanley and Wines is likely also made up. Why do some of you read these stories and think the views expressed in them represent Essendon's stance?

art-353-james-hird-300x0.jpg

Because your club is trustworthy and I assumed anything Essendon related must be true. #nocheatershere

Why do some of you read these stories and think the views expressed in them represent Essendon's stance?
Dude have you been reading the rubbish on the Essendon trade thread. Would not surprise me if Jay Clark uses the rubbish suggestion by Essendon fans as sources in his articles.

Which parts in particular are you saying are made up Atavistic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back