Essendon players ready to listen to ASADA deal offers

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
It's Caro, so it must be wrong. :straining:

The 34 past and present Essendon players facing anti-doping bans will distance themselves from any further legal manoeuvring by the Bombers, with some now contemplating a deal with ASADA in a bid to accelerate their return to the AFL.

With embattled Essendon chairman Paul Little scheduled to face his rivals at a meeting of the 18 clubs on Monday, Fairfax Media understands lawyers for the 34 players will outline a series of choices and recommend the players move forward, regardless of Essendon's next move.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...eal-offers-20140921-10k2ew.html#ixzz3Dx8XB8FU

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Multiple monster revelations here, Reid/Hird schism a shock for me.
Players to try to get the July deal back? If so, smart work by EFC, court case ensured they played the finals this year, and only miss games at the beginning of next year.

Caro, you are legend!

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Multiple monster revelations here, Reid/Hird schism a shock for me.
Players to try to get the July deal back? If so, smart work by EFC, court case ensured they played the finals this year, and only miss games at the beginning of next year.

Caro, you are legend!

Nahh, Hird tossed Reid under the bus a while ago.

The 6 month deal went off the table a while ago - and it's unlikely that ASADA will put it back on the table, seeing as how the Essendon players were happy to play along with their club trying to derail the ASADA investiagtion in court.

I'd say the price has gone up.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Nahh, Hird tossed Reid under the bus a while ago.

The 6 month deal went off the table a while ago - and it's unlikely that ASADA will put it back on the table, seeing as how the Essendon players were happy to play along with their club trying to derail the ASADA investiagtion in court.

I'd say the price has gone up.
I do hope you are right in a way, they shouldn't have played finals this year, so should be disqualified from the next series, but don't wish any worse than that on the players.
The hierarchy on the other hand....

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Personally, I reckon if a journo wishes to use the phrases 'it is understood' or 'unnamed sources indicate' in an article, the newspaper should require them to serve a one week suspension without pay for every 'understood' which later turns out not to be true.
Caro's understandings have been fairly prescient haven't they?

Players should be suspended for 24 months, they had the opportunity to cooperate.... they chose not to. So now it's time for them to cop their right whack.
Jobe to hand back the brownlow medal
With Essendon deregistered from competition for 2 years (hopefully permanently) every team gets an extra bye each year. Screw the tv deal, Essendon are not important in the grand scheme of things.

Back