2014 Formula One World Championship - Round 14 Singapore Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

There is the hard cliff like Bottas found there, and the 'soft' point where you are lapping slow enough to mean that not changing is costing you. The sort of soft cliff idea is very specific to what is happening at any one time mind you.

Yer, I'm more talking about those times when teams pit with say 10-15 laps to go, while others milk their 2nd set and finish ahead of them- like ADR has, and Kimi etc.. That soft cliff you mentioned was never going to affect Lewis, worst case he was just past the pits- it's still only going to cost him a second at worst.. But when you're still pulling out 2-3 second quicker laps, why worry so much?

wp-content-uploads-2008-11-neo.jpg

Dodging bullets like a boss.
The only bet that came through for me was the Safety car hahahaha :(

Well, just watched the race. Not always a classic but Hamilton, aside from some quite-justified concerns about getting in and out of the pits at the end without losing too many places, was composed throughout and deserved the win. Feel for Bottas - to lose out on any points at all must have been gutting.

Vergne showed some good tyre management and pace at the end and did a good job of putting himself in the shop window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McLaren having a sook about messages to Dan.
Still waiting for the radio transcripts to show up to see if there are any merits in their claims. I did find a few of those messages to Dan like "Don't forget to stay off the curbs, to help with the car problem" did sound a little suss (every message ended with "to help your car problem"), but without seeing the whole transcripts we can't really comment on it.

Hopefully they come online soon, they are not up on the usual places yet :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back