Mitch Clark discussion - Geelong gets the flog

Remove this Banner Ad

All this Scully talk is bringing up these emotions I went through at the time. First it was late 2010 I felt 'no way he would leave after one year' to February 2011 when I felt he was going. I actually remember going out to chapel street and asking Hutchy at the bar if he thought Scully was gone and he said yes. Then I remember feeling pleasantly surprised when Scully had a press conference in March? The way they built it up on SEN1116 was as if he annouced he signed a new contract, only to be bitterly disappointed when it was nothing more than him saying he wants to remain a one club player. Then as the year went on and the amount of money being reported I was getting more accepting he was leaving. Then in September I remember waiting for the day he announces he has signed with GWS. However when the day came i still felt pretty shattered even though I knew he was gone, it was as if that minute chance, that teeny tiny hope he would stay was officially gone.

Yep remember feeling the same. Hilarious part of the Scully affair is after the months of debate, speculation and anger he turned out to be a s**t player anyway. As for Clark I'd like to make him go through the draft on principle bugger pick 50 or whatever.

All this Scully talk is bringing up these emotions I went through at the time. First it was late 2010 I felt 'no way he would leave after one year' to February 2011 when I felt he was going. I actually remember going out to chapel street and asking Hutchy at the bar if he thought Scully was gone and he said yes. Then I remember feeling pleasantly surprised when Scully had a press conference in March? The way they built it up on SEN1116 was as if he annouced he signed a new contract, only to be bitterly disappointed when it was nothing more than him saying he wants to remain a one club player. Then as the year went on and the amount of money being reported I was getting more accepting he was leaving. Then in September I remember waiting for the day he announces he has signed with GWS. However when the day came i still felt pretty shattered even though I knew he was gone, it was as if that minute chance, that teeny tiny hope he would stay was officially gone.
And then we got Hogan and it was like "* yeah!"

If we send him to the draft, Collingwood will get him with their last pick.

No-one else will touch him - he has done us over massively.
That's nice.and when the next shinny thing that comes along and grabs Clarks attention he'll be off again.

Like when his misses finishes her course at Melbourne Uni. That we organised by all reports, he will be on the first plane back west.

Will surely go down as one of the biggest campaigner acts in modern sport.

It's a truly bizarre situation where almost everyone can see how wrong this is bar, apparently, Clark himself, his d-head manager, and this doctor whose medical advice is to shaft the club that has given him every support he could ask for and place a target on his head by going to another Victorian club. Sound advice Doc.

I agree to some extent. I have no ill feeling towards Clark but I don't think he's entitled to pick his club, he should go into the draft, simple as that.

It's a truly bizarre situation where almost everyone can see how wrong this is bar, apparently, Clark himself, his d-head manager, and this doctor whose medical advice is to shaft the club that has given him every support he could ask for and place a target on his head by going to another Victorian club. Sound advice Doc.
Also Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way I would feel better about this is if Melbourne beat Collingwood and finish higher than Collingwood next year. Even then I would still feel ill about it.
Georgiou to smash Clark in a Grand Final flogging that makes 119 seem like an edge of your seat thriller... Hogan and Dawes to kick "THIIIIIRTEEEEEEEN" each Jones to win Norm Smith and the curse to finally be broken

It's up to the AFL to make sure that, if he does play for another club, we are duly compensated. That is for Mitch's best interest too, since he will look less like a mercenary if Melbourne does not get totally ****ed over.

Georgiou to smash Clark in a Grand Final flogging that makes 119 seem like an edge of your seat thriller... Hogan and Dawes to kick "THIIIIIRTEEEEEEEN" each Jones to win Norm Smith and the curse to finally be broken
This would only be acceptable if Clark missed every single game during the year except QB and the GF where we massacred them.

Which is why he's worth nothing in a trade.

There's no way we'll get a second rounder for him - if we can get ANY kind of trade for him, we'll be doing well.

Suspect this is as much about AFL compo as anything.
I'd rather we dump him into the draft and get compo anyway. Don't want to give him anything right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back