List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks have done an exceptional job of nailing picks all over the draft. We've had issues with the compromised draft because we tend to struggle outside of the first round. If we could hit late picks like the Hawks can then we would be a sensational team with our ability to hit our first rounders.
That's simply because of their development program. 1 of the best for ages.

Madonna most likely to leave us not the other way around. Dea maybe.
Not sure on this.
A Houses of parliament (no idea how reliable they are, just passing on what I have heard) told me that he is keen to stay and that we are the ones holding off. If true, may be bait.
Haven't heard nuthin about Dea

The major difference was the hawks didn't have the expansion clubs to content with when going to the draft to reload their list and the hawks was an attractive brand for said recycled players to go to. Now we are in this timeframe and now need to offer up 1st rounders to quality players from other clubs. With most of our 1st rounders playing in the 1's plus adding to end talent via FA/trade the natural upgrade of these 'role' players will happen just like the club planned for all along.

That is batsgit crazy. No way are we where Hawthorn were. Not near having a Franklin and Roughead to get anyone's interest!

y3tPE.gif

Says it perfectly!

Port are chasing Ryder hard for the missing piece to make them a premiership contender.
Geelong and Freo having a huge crack at Frawley.
North reckon they're gonna be aggressive cause they're not far off...

Friggin' hell, get involved Tigers. It's not just gonna happen for us. If we're gonna keep pace, we need to bring in some real quality that's ready to go...

if we continue to rookie the likes of Matt Thomas, we'll be around where we were this year, if that. Sure we should get improvement from our top end, but our bottom 6 players aren't good enough to push us into top 4 calculations, in my opinion.

Seriously, they can't be content with loitering around 7th or 8th (if that) again next season. We need to be pushing hard for top 4 now, while the likes of Lids, Cotch, Martin and Rance are in their prime.

Come on get aggressive - let's get Sheil or Mitchell, just have a crack Tigers... And no more rookie rejects from other clubs.

*** Yes I know Miles was a success, but I think youngsters from GWS are the exception for Rookie spots***

Port are chasing Ryder hard for the missing piece to make them a premiership contender.
Geelong and Freo having a huge crack at Frawley.
North reckon they're gonna be aggressive cause they're not far off...

Friggin' hell, get involved Tigers. It's not just gonna happen for us. If we're gonna keep pace, we need to bring in some real quality that's ready to go...

if we continue to rookie the likes of Matt Thomas, we'll be around where we were this year, if that. Sure we should get improvement from our top end, but our bottom 6 players aren't good enough to push us into top 4 calculations, in my opinion.

Seriously, they can't be content with loitering around 7th or 8th (if that) again next season. We need to be pushing hard for top 4 now, while the likes of Lids, Cotch, Martin and Rance are in their prime.

Come on get aggressive - let's get Sheil or Mitchell, just have a crack Tigers... And no more rookie rejects from other clubs.

*** Yes I know Miles was a success, but I think youngsters from GWS are the exception for Rookie spots***

Varicho, I think you share the sentiments of many on this board.

I agree that we should be exploring every avenue during FA/Trade week, Shiel and Mitchell we should already be asking questions about and what would be required. And the rookie spots, well we need big able bodies, not just a development player. We need some theory behind this.

Further part of the missing pieces sit within the draft. I hope FJ and co are analysing everything, We need to nail our draft picks, OR use them to acquire REQUIRED missing links via trades with other clubs. No second hand rejects, this year or next we need that big fish. You can already see clubs like North and Port positioning themselves, they already see they are in their window, they have both decent line ups now with some missing pieces, and they are and will go hard to find the missing pieces this trade period.

You just hope that Richmond already have this mindset about them. It's about improving on last year, and bringing in better players to make the side better, and a contender.

In saying all of this, I expect us to be active in trade week, but as I have said before, i think 2015 will be the year we open that war chest and hunt down a HUGE fish. Still, i'd be knocking on Shiel's and Mitchell's door..... :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan will be a player - Always loved this kid
Rohan getting games, Mitchell not.

Somehow I think Rohan is more of a reach than Mitchell. He's young, played like a pile against Fremantle but lit up against North.

What would Rohan cost? First rounder?

This is a good point. We moan about the type of player that has come to the club of late, but do we know of who we have 'tried' to convince to come to the club but unable to get a deal or the player to change over?
The ones I know of over the past two or three off seasons:
Walters
Mundy
Tyson
Shiel (on-going)
Dangerfield (on-going)

No doubt a lot that don't progress very far and/or don't become public knowledge.

Varicho, I think you share the sentiments of many on this board.

I agree that we should be exploring every avenue during FA/Trade week, Shiel and Mitchell we should already be asking questions about and what would be required. And the rookie spots, well we need big able bodies, not just a development player. We need some theory behind this.

Further part of the missing pieces sit within the draft. I hope FJ and co are analysing everything, We need to nail our draft picks, OR use them to acquire REQUIRED missing links via trades with other clubs. No second hand rejects, this year or next we need that big fish. You can already see clubs like North and Port positioning themselves, they already see they are in their window, they have both decent line ups now with some missing pieces, and they are and will go hard to find the missing pieces this trade period.

You just hope that Richmond already have this mindset about them. It's about improving on last year, and bringing in better players to make the side better, and a contender.

In saying all of this, I expect us to be active in trade week, but as I have said before, i think 2015 will be the year we open that war chest and hunt down a HUGE fish. Still, i'd be knocking on Shiel's and Mitchell's door..... :thumbsu:

The delusion on this thread is strong. For starters how can North have a great list when a few are old and they got belted by the Swans!

We could trade for the world and will not win a thing as we should not even have made the 8!!!!!

But don't worry, RFC might just do it because they have lost all credibility getting Gillard to a business luncheon after sending Aust. to massive debt! RFC may as well have invited Hitler as a speaker!!!

Can't take RFC and the people running it seriously at all now!!!!!

The delusion on this thread is strong. For starters how can North have a great list when a few are old and they got belted by the Swans!

We could trade for the world and will not win a thing as we should not even have made the 8!!!!!

But don't worry, RFC might just do it because they have lost all credibility getting Gillard to a business luncheon after sending Aust. to massive debt! RFC may as well have invited Hitler as a speaker!!!

WTF are you on about???

Just because we haven't made a public statement about it doesn't mean we're not active
I'd prefer that we keep things under wraps rather than playing our cards out in the media

I hope you're right mate, just going on past years, and our lack of getting involved in the real top end talent available (not talking Hampson here) I worry that they'll continue their conservative approach...

image.jpg

Just because we haven't made a public statement about it doesn't mean we're not active
I'd prefer that we keep things under wraps rather than playing our cards out in the media

THIS !!!!^^^^^

You can tear up a contract if the player agrees ala lake. just saying.
Cheers Flea, wasn't sure if that was still the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back