Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to say I don't really agree with you. But I guess that's what forums are for. Your own opinions. I think he would excel under MM and in a new environment.

I think you have a very good point.

Reid is in a strange position at Sydney being the third tall that at times plays decoy to his more esteemed team-mates.

Will be interesting to see whether we bait him...............which I think we should............again.

I'm holding out some hope that if we do manage to secure Watts for something that's not over the top, we can transform him into a Westhoff type.

Certainly has the attributes to play a Westhoff type role. Although guys like Hendo are swingmen, would like to see a Watts roaming around like Waite sometimes has, and he could be the guy to be the loose man in defence at end of quarters like Westhoff.

Needs to put on a bit more muscle though for mine...a bit surprised he is still so skinny after being in the system for 6 years but i guess Waite never got that much bulk either.

personally I dont really rate Reid at all

Seems fairly lethargic and pushed off it too easily, just kind of runnig around out there

Would be surprised if hes been in the best in over 5 games in his career

Agree. Doesn't have a heap of intensity i mean cmon guys he's barely ever taken a game by the scruff of the neck...he's only really ever shown glimpses and performed well in patches...even though he is still young im not convinced

I think you have a very good point.

Reid is in a strange position at Sydney being the third tall that at times plays decoy to his more esteemed team-mates.

Will be interesting to see whether we bait him...............which I think we should............again.

Reid had a more significant role before Sydney got Franklin and Tippett...and he didn't quite cut it as the main man which is why Sydney went after those 2.

Reid had a more significant role before Sydney got Franklin and Tippett...and he didn't quite cut it as the main man which is why Sydney went after those 2.
I might be wrong because it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure Reid's 2012 was pretty impressive. He may not have kicked bags, but as that lead up forward who takes marks up on the wings he could take Waite's role. Leaving Hendo, Levi and Jaksch inside 50. He's also very agile and athletic so we wouldn't be playing too tall. Can go back (like Waite) if needed.

I might be wrong because it was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure Reid's 2012 was pretty impressive. He may not have kicked bags, but as that lead up forward who takes marks up on the wings he could take Waite's role. Leaving Hendo, Levi and Jaksch inside 50. He's also very agile and athletic so we wouldn't be playing too tall. Can go back (like Waite) if needed.

Agreed that he would be handy to play that lead up role around the wings/HF...however if we see him more as that role player and not the tall forward who is going to dominate and kick big bags, then we should be only offering something to trade for him that reflects this fact.

I do like how he is agile and athletic enough for us to play a number of other tall forwards and it would still work...i mean Sydney played Pyke, Tippett, Franklin, Reid and Goodes in the one team...thats monstrous....effectively 4 tall forwards but they are agile enough and in Goodes' case can play other roles like midfield so it works.

The desperation of Sydney supporters constantly coming on this board trying to get pick 6/7 when they have a grand final to keep them occupied should give you a good indication that nobody is going to offer them anything more for Mitchell.
No it isn't. What a bizarre thing to say. No Sydney fans are trying to, or will play any part in getting 6/7 by posting in here than will will be involved in the Swans winning on Saturday by posting in the game day thread.

We talk about our trade targets, like we know.. Prior to the trade period last year I don't reckon 1 person on here would have raised Everitt as a possibility and I am thinking it will all change once we get there again..

Also is there an easy way to see a lit of all unsigned players for next year?

Us trading pick 6 won't stop us bidding for Moore and forcing you to match it.

haha.. not what i was angling for but cheers for the heads up.
Have been quite contempt with giving our first round draft pick for Moore since last year.

haha.. not what i was angling for but cheers for the heads up.
Have been quite contempt with giving our first round draft pick for Moore since last year.
All good. It just seems to be the belief of Collingwood posters that us chasing Mitchell means we won't bid. Which isn't the case. Given bidding takes place before trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good. It just seems to be the belief of Collingwood posters that us chasing Mitchell means we won't bid. Which isn't the case. Given bidding takes place before trade period.

Not so much a belief but hope..
Since we are on the topic, It's a dangerous game to play, from your perspective if you bid and we pass (highly unlikely) Would you be happy with Moore or would you prefer Mitchell/Membrey or Sam Durdin over him.

Not so much a belief but hope..
Since we are on the topic, It's a dangerous game to play, from your perspective if you bid and we pass (highly unlikely) Would you be happy with Moore or would you prefer Mitchell/Membrey or Sam Durdin over him.
I guess it depends if you believe we're actually a realistic chance of getting Mitchell. I don't. What I can say though, we're not going to bid for Moore simply out of spite because MM hates Collingwood. Which is a common theme on your board. If we bid for him I am confident we will only do so because in the unlikely case that you don't match, we think he is worthy of pick 6.

Got to laugh at Carlton supporters who support a club prepared to pay huge contracts to mediocre midfielders but don't consider a proven midfielder worth a decent pick. Good luck. He's contracted. You pay what Sydney want.
Yet here you are wasting your time posting on the pathetic Carlton board.

Got to laugh at Carlton supporters who support a club prepared to pay huge contracts to mediocre midfielders but don't consider a proven midfielder worth a decent pick. Good luck. He's contracted. You pay what Sydney want.
When you put it that way - sorry sir here's all our draft picks. Take them with our thanks.

You do realise no-one here has anything to do with Carlton's list management right?

I guess it depends if you believe we're actually a realistic chance of getting Mitchell. I don't. What I can say though, we're not going to bid for Moore simply out of spite because MM hates Collingwood. Which is a common theme on your board. If we bid for him I am confident we will only do so because in the unlikely case that you don't match, we think he is worthy of pick 6.

Clearly you have a need for a Key Forward who can switch back. So it wouldn't be a bid out of spite.

With only Casboult up forward with Henderson the swing man. Seems Waite is destined to move on.

More of just seeing what your personal preference would be between the options.

Clearly you have a need for a Key Forward who can switch back. So it wouldn't be a bid out of spite.

With only Casboult up forward with Henderson the swing man. Seems Waite is destined to move on.

More of just seeing what your personal preference would be between the options.
On my limited viewing, I'd pick Moore over Durdin. Picking Moore at 6 would only be an issue if McCartin or Wright slid on the night.

We are likely to get Jaksch. So maybe we may prioritise an outside runner like Laverde or a mid like Ahern at pick 6?

Lots to play out. But under the right circumstances, Moore at 6 could fit our plans. But getting Jaksch might alter that.

If Thomas is a 'mediocre midfielder' and Mitchell is a 'proven midfielder'... than I have no clue how you classify that.

Thomas has done so much more than Mitchell has ever done it isn't funny.

Which of these mediocre midfielders are on huge money?
Do you know what you're talking about or was that post just a slip on the keyboard?

All this posturing and for what? As if any of us have a say in matters :)

Go away, you graceless and witless moron.

Be grateful that the club you support is in a GF (despite you having absolutely nothing to do with it - and AFL sanctioned salary cap rorting having plenty do with it).

Come back and visit us a few years after your extra cap space has been eliminated and let us know how you're going.

Which mediocre midfielder is on a huge contract?

You're paying a guy who played less than 6 senior games $500k per year, and then have the gall to say we overpay our players (we dont get your bullshit academy and COLA concessions).

If it's pick 6 or nothing, then you can keep him.....and then get done for being over the salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back