Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see how my post was any different to the vitriol that was posted last week about Waite.

Did anyone here go to the BnF? A friend of mine has said to me it is true that Waite is leaving for only 50k more to North and that the players are really pissed off at him cause of it. Supposedly he was sitting on his table alone without any other player and that they didn't even acknowledge him.

North are offering him a two-year deal whereas we are offering him one plus conditions for a second so in monetary terms, its way more than $50K.

North are offering him a two-year deal whereas we are offering him one plus conditions for a second so in monetary terms, its way more than $50K.

I figured i must of misheard him but i'm pretty sure he said to me that the length of the contracts are exactly the same. His source for that is the same person at the club that a previous poster had.

Hendo was sitting on Waite's table IIRC.

Cool. My mate was at the BnF and said that he didn't see any other players sitting on his table and that the players didn't acknowledge him at all. I thought i'd put it out there and ask the question from another person who was there as well since people can get that sort of stuff wrong or can miss stuff.

I figured i must of misheard him but i'm pretty sure he said to me that the length of the contracts are exactly the same. His source for that is the same person at the club that a previous poster had.

Well it could be as simple as he doesn't get along with the coach, who knows? Either way, it doesn't matter even if that were the case i wouldn't blame him or Mick, these things happen.

I can understand the initial displeasure with him that was shown with him last week as it's a natural reaction from supporters. I can't say i didn't feel a lil angry and cheated by it all but after the initial shock wanes i think you have to put it into perspective.

Remember the incessant ranting by the Collingwood board over Thomas leaving them last year? It was still going on months later and people here were rightly mocking them for it. Let's not become the 2014 version of that.

Mrs. Waite?

That's possible but whatever the reason is it doesn't change the final outcome. I'm only interested in whether he stays or not, the rest is just speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's this gab213 logic bullshit happening here lately? :thumbsu:

Think i'm having a rare moment of clarity, may as well make the most of it, probably only happened 5 or 6 times in my 53 years:D

That's possible but whatever the reason is it doesn't change the final outcome. I'm only interested in whether he stays or not, the rest is just speculation.

.............and that's fair enough but in this age of communication we get a lot more info than we may need or want.
Has its pros and cons but it does help understanding an individuals position with a bit of back-ground knowledge but it has to work both ways.

We'd all be pretty mean on ourselves if or when, we find out why some players hadn't performed to our expectations.
Mental issues are a real problem and not something all individuals are happy opening up about.

A bit of a rumour doing the rounds that Tapscott's exit meeting with Melbourne got a little heated.

He was basically told that a large part of the reason why he was drafted was to stop Jack Trengove from becoming homesick (as they are best mates).

I find that hard to believe, especially given he was taken so early and seen as a talented junior prospect?

A bit of a rumour doing the rounds that Tapscott's exit meeting with Melbourne got a little heated.

He was basically told that a large part of the reason why he was drafted was to stop Jack Trengove from becoming homesick (as they are best mates).

I find that hard to believe, especially given he was taken so early and seen as a talented junior prospect?

Seems to have been a lot of heated exit interviews around the place.

Just hope that Bootsma didn't muscle over Malthouse though.........:$

Nothing beats Richmond's exit interview with Matty White last year though - they basically told him that they were disappointed with him leaving (and taking more years/money on offer) because they selected him, he was a Richmond supporter and they kept him on the list during his "lean" years.

.............and that's fair enough but in this age of communication we get a lot more info than we may need or want.
Has its pros and cons but it does help understanding an individuals position with a bit of back-ground knowledge but it has to work both ways.

We'd all be pretty mean on ourselves if or when, we find out why some players hadn't performed to our expectations.
Mental issues are a real problem and not something all individuals are happy opening up about.

I agree, any real information on the background to an individual's situation always helps us to understand but regardless of that there is no reason to pour scorn upon someone and be vindictive towards them based on their decision to leave a football club.

It's Melbourne we're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back