Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Wll given 'the best newsbreaker in the business' said Wines was leaving when he signed hours earlier... :)

Essendon will lose Ryder that's for sure. The problem for the bombers is, no established player will want to go there in a trade. It will have to be a draft pick coming back the other way

Goddard and Chapman says hi.

Goddard came before the scandal broke. Chapman came after being delisted by Geelong in a trade for pick 84. If that's the best you can come up with ...

Not Suing Ryder, Fighting the clause.

You can't really file a lawsuit against the "clause".

If it came to court, at some point it would likely have to be Ryder vs EFC or EFC vs Ryder.

Not Suing Ryder, Fighting the clause.

Which if Ryder is seeking to be registered by another club following the AFL accepting the arbitrators view that his contract has already been breached by Essendon Football Club is done by suing exactly whom ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard came before the scandal broke. Chapman came after being delisted by Geelong in a trade for pick 84. If that's the best you can come up with ...

Goddard doesn't count definitely before. Chapman does though; other clubs were looking at him too. He ended up at Essendon. Kurt Aylett and Shaun Edwards came from GWS but aren't that notable.
While I agree players will most certainly be weary of coming to Essendon it is still a pretty weak argument to say they won't as we can't list anymore players that came last year. It isn't like Port had heaps of ins. They infact had less than Essendon...

This very much so. We should obviously try and get a better deal maybe 1st round plus a fringe player but I doubt they would go for that. We in a bad position to push hard as Ryder wants to leave and if they could easily implore Ryder to attempt to initiate a get out clause (Ryder doesn't wish to do this) and we would get nothing. I still think Port's second round pick but if Brisbane and Port push then the trade will likely be somewhat more Essendon sided. Though if a bidding war occurs one team could still tempt Ryder into the get out clause.

What made you draw that conclusion? Im pretty sure it wasnt Windy Hill who leaked to the media that he could tear up his contract and walk for nothing.

What made you draw that conclusion? Im pretty sure it wasnt Windy Hill who leaked to the media that he could tear up his contract and walk for nothing.
I'm pretty sure I've read that Ryder wishes to see that Essendon is compensated. Obviosly Essendon couldn't be compensated if he goes for nothing.

The idea of tearing up contracts is from other clubs (and managers to an extent) so that they could target players whom are contracted and get the for nothing.

I'm pretty sure I've read that Ryder wishes to see that Essendon is compensated. Obviosly Essendon couldn't be compensated if he goes for nothing.

The idea of tearing up contracts is from other clubs (and managers to an extent) so that they could target players whom are contracted and get the for nothing.

No, it's from the AFL and AFLPA. There didnt used to be a clause that let people do this - think of this as one more gift from James Hird to the code.

No, it's from the AFL and AFLPA. There didnt used to be a clause that let people do this - think of this as one more gift from James Hird to the code.
What I meant by that was the clauses use is being pushed by other clubs and managers. But fair call though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back