Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing beats Richmond's exit interview with Matty White last year though - they basically told him that they were disappointed with him leaving (and taking more years/money on offer) because they selected him, he was a Richmond supporter and they kept him on the list during his "lean" years.
Don't think anything could ever top Kane Johnson dropping the news that a few guys had been delisted during his speech at the Richmond Best and Fairest before those players had even been told :D

Disappointed in Waite if all this is true. North are very over rated, as shown on the weekend. We beat them comprehensively in our last game too. I hope Jarrad watched them on the weekend and came to the same conclusion.

As poor a move as it may be from Waite, I'd hope the club is still warm towards him regardless of his decision.

We wouldn't want to rule ourselves out of any potential father/son recruits down the track over petulant behaviour, would we?

Down the track when his career is finished I am sure we will welcome him back with open arms.... But for now don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I only hope his output doesn't improve at north. Hope they get 2 interupted years of suspension, injury and brain snaps that we stood by him through time and time again.

On today's performance, I might take back what I said, and maybe we should have a slight interest in Jones?

Must admit, don't mind him.

Granted I only see 2/3 Footscray games a year, seen him kick a couple of bags, looks ok when his confidence is up and the marks are sticking, can't see him developing anymore under his current coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Essendon supporters suggesting they receive a first rounder for Ryder.

- He has the possibility of a 2 year ban hanging over his head
- He can void his contract under several breaches
- He's a disgruntled employee

If they got anything near a 2nd rounder they should run to the windy hills before they're stripped of it again.

If they got anything near a 2nd rounder they should run to the windy hills before they're stripped of it again.
Those Essendon supporters are mellow compared to the ones I've found asking for Mitchell + Reid, Wines or Aish.

You don't think that if Port really wanted/needed him, they'd hand over their #17?

Reckon that before a club took on an Essendon player they may insist on them pleading guilty and taking the 3 months.

Ryder will go where he wants to go and Essendon will take what that club will give, simple as that.

At the moment the club is playing chicken because they don't want an example set but its a game they can't win. Make Ryder take them to court, he inevitably wins (probably sues them as well) and they get nix, which is a far worse precedent than simply taking unders for him. It will open a door that others may well bolt through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back