Retired #966: Lin "sanity" Jong

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Fan of him. His run and carry through heavy traffic is exciting.. could very easily be an outside player but finds his own pill and does the hard work and feeds it out to others. If his improvement continues I'd back him to play 12+ senior games next year.

I love him and have so since I saw his first game in the firsts.

Does anyone remember the theme song to the King Kong cartoon series in the 70's? I just replace King Kong words with Lim Jong :) He's mine. I saw him first.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/King_Kong_-_1966.html

My brother and I were sitting up on level 3, and we both agreed that Jong was BOG.

The main thing that stuck out to me was how remarkably similar he played to Ryan Griffen. He burst from from packs like a man possessed, like he's done all finals series. He seems stronger than Griffen was in his early stages as well. Griffen is a big game player, and I feel much like him, Jong could lift us in finals series to come (in the AFL! :p).

He has been the player of the finals series for mine, his athleticism, strength and speed bursting through the packs is second to none. My only criticism if I have any is that he does seem to handball a lot to a player standing still.. I have quite often noticed him shark the ball in the pack burst out and then handball it to a bloke standing still instead of backing his pace and looking further down the line.

However he isn't the only Bulldogs player on the list to constantly handball to a stationary player. I also believe that with more football and confidence in his abilities he could become anything! Go dogs!!

A beast of a guy needs a beast of a song
to the tune of Led Zeppelins Immigrant song

Lin JOOOONNG
Lin JOOOONNG,

He came from the land of mountains and sand,
From the midnight sun where the coffee grows.
The hammer of the dogs, will drive our team to new highs,
To crash the packs, sing and cry: Bulldogs, we are coming!

On his feet with lightning speed, his only goal will be the premiers cup.

Lin JOOOONNG
Lin JOOOONNG,

He came from the land of mountains and sand,
From the midnight sun where the coffee grows.
How soft our fields so green, can whisper tales of Jong,
Of how he claimed the spoils of war. We are your Bulldogs.

On his feet with lightning speed, his only goal will be the premiers cup.

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,
With speed and trust Jong won the day despite of all your losing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back