Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem a bit torn on this.

Does the CEO have a significant role to play or not?

People are saying No, Fagan had nothing to do with it.

But at the same time the extension was Trigg and Sando wouldn't have been sacked if Trigg was still there.

What?

Of course the CEO has an enormous role to play.

Perhaps not if he was hired a few days before. In that case, you have others empowered to act.

I don't care that they extended Sando. That's a sunk cost and has no impact on the decision about whether he should CONTINUE as coach. If you now have more information and it's clear that he's not right, it is essential that you act.

Robert Howie is the owner of Northpoint and was on the original Crows board.
He is a one eyed Port supporter and was on the Port board for about a decade.
He despises the Crows and I can assure you if the Adelaide dealers had a say about continuing sponsoring the Crows he would certainly vote against it.
Mmmmm...is Robert Howie the same person as Robert Hoey?
Not sure Port would love him now...
Robert has achieved much since those times including a stint as board member for Port Power FC.
Isn't that a hanging offence now?

Robert Howie is the owner of Northpoint and was on the original Crows board.
He is a one eyed Port supporter and was on the Port board for about a decade.
He despises the Crows and I can assure you if the Adelaide dealers had a say about continuing sponsoring the Crows he would certainly vote against it.

I am not with Toyota now but the brand I am with are major sponsor of a different club ( who lost on Friday night)
We have an amount taken from every car we sell which goes to marketing. It isn't just the Vic dealers who sponsor the Roos it is the entire country network.
I would be very certain it is Toyota Australia that sponsors the Crows and not the SA dealers.. There simply would not be enough cars sold in SA to cover the costs of being the Crows major sponsor. And as it is a national competition dealers all around Australia get exposure... The same as Renault sponsoring Port... They only sell about 15 Renaults a month here but the benefit isn't just to the SA dealer

Have been to more than one official club function where they have specifically said 'SA Toyota dealers for their continued major sponsorship' the only change may have occurred when the sponsorship changed from 'Camry' to 'Toyota' and a more national deal. But was categorically just SA to begin with.

?

I thought/think Tippett is a good player.

So, how exactly did a clause-filled contract extension put together with the intention of making it easy to sack him early reduce the pressure on Sanderson? Unless he didn't read the fine print.
He got an extension with clear KPIs.... far better than "lets wait and see how things look at the end of your existing contract.

He got an extension with clear KPIs.... far better than "lets wait and see how things look at the end of your existing contract.
And no doubt he backed himself in and thought he could hit the targets..
All would be sorted..
But as we've seen, not many can hit a target down there..

And that's another major factor that should have damned him.

This season has effectively been a waste.

Definitely. But those are the risks you take when you introduce performance clauses in a coaches contract, assuming those clauses are based on the club making finals etc... and not around development. Though you could also argue that Grigg being in our side at the expense of somebody like Martin addresses both sides, in that we'd likely be better, and it's also aiding the development of a young player.

And no doubt he backed himself in and thought he could hit the targets..
All would be sorted..
But as we've seen, not many can hit a target down there..
I can't get the image of Pods hitting the post against North and Sando's subsequent resting of the phone against his forehead in resignation out of my mind…very symbolic i reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't get the image of Pods hitting the post against North and Sando's subsequent resting of the phone against his forehead in resignation out of my mind…very symbolic i reckon.
I thought you could see Sando was under more stress than just coaching and us struggling a bit..
He looked like a man that knew he was in trouble, even if let's say he didn't actually know it - as he said..

Nowhere near as drastic as Primus in his last periods of time but along those lines..

It wasn't the clauses in the extension that killed him.

Plenty of people with inside info on this forum have made it clear - his communication and feedback to the players was bad, at best, and non-existent, at worst.

It would seem that thankfully, those clauses at least gave us an out. Which still begs the question as to why the extension was even offered in the first place, if it's true that these problems began surfacing in 2013.

I have a feeling that Dean Bailey was handling that component of Sanderson's job while he was able to.

It wasn't the clauses in the extension that killed him.

Plenty of people with inside info on this forum have made it clear - his communication and feedback to the players was bad, at best, and non-existent, at worst.
Absolutely, just the reason he was happy to take the clauses would have been he thought he could hit the targets..
Missing them is not necessarily why he was sacked though..

At least they have also hopefully given us some cover from the payout..

I think that is sounding less and less likely all the time. How much fun do you think the media are going to have when our 5 first choice coaches turn down the job?

It wouldn't matter who we get, there's always a story that the primary candidate refused the role. This will be even worse because they will still be pushing the 'poor Sando' barrow and it will roll into how much more worse off we are having had to employ our 3rd favourite candidate. I couldn't give a s**t what the media said when we kept Trigg and that doesn't change having sacked Sando.

i remember speaking to a young Crows listed player after a function about July, he wasn't complimentary on Sando, i just took it as a player who wasn't getting a crack hating.....but maybe it was a sentiment shared by many others around the club.

Absolutely, just the reason he was happy to take the clauses would have been he thought he could hit the targets..

This could also be why many are questioning Dangers role because apparently he and Sando had such a great relationship. It's possible that Sando was leaning heavily on the guys he knew were talented and experienced (Danger, Sloane, Tex, Thommo, Reilly, Rutten, Pods, Dmac, Jaensch) to carry the team into a finals series and left the younger guys to their own devices.

It would seem that thankfully, those clauses at least gave us an out. Which still begs the question as to why the extension was even offered in the first place, if it's true that these problems began surfacing in 2013.

I have a feeling that Dean Bailey was handling that component of Sanderson's job while he was able to.
I think the extension was given by a group with their heads in the sand or something along those lines; either didn't properly know or didn't really care.. and they also felt Sando deserved it to a degree due to the circumstances.. I think their main concerns would have been "show us a finals appearance" with their clauses..

Roo comes in and maybe with some help, opens a lot of eyes, clunks some heads together and gets the truth of what exactly is going on.. Fagan also in a short space of time has made it clear what will be expected.. Clauses don't matter anymore as there are other problems way beyond that..

All of a sudden the AFC doesn't accept mediocrity or whatever Chapman said..

So Bailey was the tactical guru, as well as the guy speaking with the players and communicating with them?

No wonder we felt his loss so badly, he was the head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back