List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at next years list of free agents and out of contract players I think we should only use this years trade period as a chance to load up on draft picks (4 or 5 inside the top 40). This way we can use the picks after our first rounder to draft for needs such as Aidan Anderson or Toby McLean for our small forward role and Dan McKenzie or Josh Glenn for the rebounding/lockdown defender role. This way we have young talent coming through so that in next few years we can actively trade knowing that under the guys we trade for their will be talent, who will provide depth in a similar way to how the likes of Hallanhan and Mitchell provide depth for Hawthorn and Sydney respectively and in Hallahan's case doesn't take up much salary space.

Then next year I'd be looking at Sheil for our first rounder as he will be out of contract and provided he nominates us we shouldn't have to pay extra (possibly overs) whereas this year we would have to pay that bit extra to get him over. I'd also be looking at Kruzer if he can gets his body right and obviously Dangerfield.

So in a perfect world it would look something like this.

This year:

Pick 12: Duggan, DeGoey, Ahern, Weller.
Pick 25: Cavka, Maynard, Bampton, Gore.
Pick 31: Vickers Willis, Anderson, Glenn, McLean
Pick 40: Gartlett, Goodyear, McKenzie

Next year:
First round: Shiel
Free Agency: Kruzer, Dangerfield.

Now I'm not sure how we obtain four picks in the top 40 or how we find the salary space to fit Dangerfield, Shiel and Kruzer while resigning Cotchin and Rance but this is what Richardson and Hartley are paid for and I think this is the best path to take and will allow us to become much stronger in midfield and address a few of our needs.

Last edited:

ADELAIDE board member and powerbroker Mark Ricciuto hasn't ruled out trading Patrick Dangerfield.

The 24-year-old Victorian will qualify for free agency at the end of 2015, and a trade this off-season would ensure the Crows get appropriate value from their superstar.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-22/door-ajar-for-paddy-trade

Something reasonably substantial about Dangerfield leaving instead of one guy in the OP.

FWIW my mate who has reasonable Dee's connections and i've shared a few tidbits before says 2 and 3 for Danger is 90% done but I don't think Danger would go to Melbourne he wants success but thats a good deal for the Crows.

Something reasonably substantial about Dangerfield leaving instead of one guy in the OP.

FWIW my mate who has reasonable Dee's connections and i've shared a few tidbits before says 2 and 3 for Danger is 90% done but I don't think Danger would go to Melbourne he wants success but thats a good deal for the Crows.

I dont think that article tells us anything tbh

Dees don't even have pick 3 to trade yet. I really hope they only get a tier 2 compo for Frawley!

The reality is all the quality small forwards in the comp are basically off limits. Even if we offered overs I don't think we'd be able to get a Bruest or Thomas or even a Menzel. The only one I can see turning it around is Garlett. In Carlton's shithouse forward line he was probably their 4th best forward but only got overtaken by Menzel this year. In our forward line he'd be the 6th best forward and would have Riewoldt, Deledio, Martin, Vickery, Griffiths, Edwards with all the attention on any given day making it a bit easier for him. Maybe it's time we just draft a genuine young, talented small forward and try and develop him. Not sure how many of them there are lying around. It's a hard position to fill, but also why all the good sides have one.

Agree great deal for Crows - but if Danger goes to Melbourne he is a dickhead... and I don't think he's a dickhead.

Would love the bolded but just won't happen.

WHE isn't going anywhere and Mitchell seems set on the blues.

We can get Shiel, but we will have to offer overs.
How do you know WHE isn't going anywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel
Danger
Frawley
Giles
Mitchell
Rohan

Saad
Carlisle
Garlett
Bastinac

I'd be interested in all of these but especially those in Red and fairly interested in Blue, the others i definitely wouldn't say no except i am highly sceptical about Garlett although i think we need a whippet type player like him the problem is attitude.

How is that a good thing, if we want Danger we need to start working now.
"We" don't. The club does. And they are, from what I understand. The previous poster was making the point that, although we're all nosy buggers and want to know what's going on, it's a good thing that the club keeps these kind of dealings private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back