Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Phhht

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 15, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
lobbe has only just got his body right. I still think in a premiership team, that lobbe has to improve his forward line skills and become the second ruck. he is a top second ruck, but we just don't dominate enough in the middle from his tap work. its his second efforts that make him good.

What in his game makes you think that is his best position? His around the ground work? His marking in the F50 creating scoring opportunities?

Lobbe is making his mark as a 1st ruck IMO. Agreed he needs to improve his tap work but having a chop out to allow him to utilise his leap would be a huge plus. Also he needs to improve his ability to become involved in general play more.

But in his entire career here at Port, he has shown less ability at taking marks (esp in the F50) than Butcher. Which you'd assume would be the main criteria for a 2nd ruck.

Cant see him as a 2nd ruck personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is Sam Day the one touted as the next Barrie Robran by some talent scout? I'd say Matthew Robran is a closer match from what I've seen lol

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
What in his game makes you think that is his best position? His around the ground work? His marking in the F50 creating scoring opportunities?

Lobbe is making his mark as a 1st ruck IMO. Agreed he needs to improve his tap work but having a chop out to allow him to utilise his leap would be a huge plus. Also he needs to improve his ability to become involved in general play more.

But in his entire career here at Port, he has shown less ability at taking marks (esp in the F50) than Butcher. Which you'd assume would be the main criteria for a 2nd ruck.

purely based on that I don't think he will ever be a super dominant ruck, like what we need. but he would be an outstanding back up

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If the rumor is true about Day having a medical, then a trade would almost be sorted out.Can't see a player doing a medical if he isn't about to he traded.Having said that the rumor isn't worth alot coming from 5AA

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United

purely based on that I don't think he will ever be a super dominant ruck, like what we need. but he would be an outstanding back up

Back