No Oppo Supporters The ASADA Thread... from a Tiger perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a comment by ex WADA boss John Fahey, it went something like this,

" There are 194 countries who adhere to the rules of WADA and are committed to stamping out drugs in sport, but there is one club in one city in one of those countries who think the rules don't apply to them "

I know he is the ex boss but one would think that WADA are going to make an example of Essendon on the world stage when this is over, Essendon's name is going to be trashed not only here in Australia but all over the world.

It's actually quite scary. Essendon really have no idea what they're up against. Stuck in the little Melbourne AFL small pond.

Taking a wide perspective of drugs in sport and the purpose of a world drug code leads you to the firm conclusion that all 34 Essendon players will and should receive 2 year penalties and no less.

So.. if Essendon players are rubbed out next year or the year after and they finish stone motherless either of those years, what happens draft wise? Do they get the #1 pick and concessions the year after?

AFL rivals run out of patience with Essendon as saga drags on

Essendon has lost the support of the other 17 AFL clubs over its handling of its drugs investigation.

AFL chairman Mike Fitzpatrick averted a potentially bitter confrontation between Essendon chairman Paul Little and the other club chiefs when he agreed instead to communicate the clubs' anger with Essendon to Little privately after the meeting of all clubs at Crown ahead of the Brownlow.

This development came as the AFL Players Association insisted the 34 players issued with show-cause notices remained united in fighting their charges and, having not seen the evidence against them, would not entertain a deal that would require them to admit guilt.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...ssendon-as-saga-drags-on-20140922-10kj0r.html

So.. if Essendon players are rubbed out next year or the year after and they finish stone motherless either of those years, what happens draft wise? Do they get the #1 pick and concessions the year after?
I would say they will be relegated to the last pick in each round.

This crap Essendon (watching Tim Watson after the brownlow) thinking they should get the evidence before a normal athlete would. Show cause notices are a chance for you to give your side of the story, when you go to trial then you get access to the evidence.

This is just about them wanting to see if they can get away with it before accepting the plea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This crap Essendon (watching Tim Watson after the brownlow) thinking they should get the evidence before a normal athlete would. Show cause notices are a chance for you to give your side of the story, when you go to trial then you get access to the evidence.

This is just about them wanting to see if they can get away with it before accepting the plea.
CORRECT as I said earlier in this thread to me the only way to keep essendon viable would be to pay out and delist the players involeved and invest in the coming trade/draft period with whatever than can find to make up a compeditive list

Exactly. ASADA isn't going to ruin a club and players reputations for fun because they love charging people. Essendon fans will tell you the club is targeted by ASADA and the media. I thought their board would at least have more of a clue.

But you forget its all a conspiracy. One giant conspiracy. The AFL are involved. ASADA are involved. The legal system is obviously involved.

(NB: I just spent five minutes typing 'ASADA' in windings font in word to see if there was some indication of the depth of this obvious conspiracy. I don't want to spoil everyone else's fun in doing this but... you get nothing. Absolutely nothing.)

Wonder if this whole expenditure by essendon in the courts and the drama yet to play out will break the bombers in Melbourne? If so i cant see them as the Darwin Bombers for obvious reasons, possibly the Tassie bombers or Canberra? The AFL has said before there are too many Melbourne clubs, ol essendon should be careful with what thier doing. Broke, pissed off fans deserting the club and suspended players may be a good reason to move. Nice to not be the Melbourne club basket case for a change hey boys and girls and groupie :)

Last edited:
Wonder if this whole expenditure by essendon in the courts and the drama yet to play out will break the bombers in Melbourne? If so i cant see them as the Darwin Bombers for obvious reasons, possibly the Tassie bombers or Canberra? The AFL has said before there are too many Melbourne clubs, ol essendon should be careful with what thier doing. Broke, pissed off fans deserting the club and suspended players may be a good reason to move. Nice to not be the Melbourne club basket case for a change hey boys and girls and groupie :)

my money is on Alice Springs

http://www.afr.com/p/national/alice_springs_picked_as_aircraft_pBMilaV6yVZ6gTuV8UlmTL

upload_2014-9-23_12-4-17.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back