James Frawley to Fremantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swim against the tide on most of these issues.

I think clubs should be compensated. Some players can be on a list for a long time while they are developing, especially KPPs and Rucks. It could easily be 3 years before they even start to get game time, and another 3 or so before they are useful. After that kind of investment a player being able to simply leave would be disappointing.

I am also reasonable happy with the way they structure it, which gives a clear benefit to cellar dwellers. Sure they may get a pick which is more than a player is worth, and higher placed team may get unders. I actually prefer the calculation above board than someone making a notional decision about individual players value.

The biggest issue that I actually have with FA is that the club who is gaining the player loses nothing at all. I am not happy that a club like Sydney can gain someone of the calibre of Franklin and still have all their picks available. I would even suggest that if a FA is deemed to be worth a 1st rounder, then the receiving club should lose their pick. MFC would gain pick 3, and we would lose pick 13 for example. Just seems a bit too messy to be a realistic rule.
I agree that the compensation to clubs losing a player is fair, but I don't think clubs receiving the player should lose picks, as that would prevent a player from being transferred.

The issue with Sydney is that their cap space allows them to chase players in a way no other club can.

If Freo don't make an announcement soon, I fear we will be pipped at the post again. Im hoping he is not our only shining knight, and we are
targeting others, contingency plans including some WC talls who wont get a regular game in the firsts.
I know I will get abused by some, but could make all the difference having depth in the key position areas.

If Freo don't make an announcement soon, I fear we will be pipped at the post again. Im hoping he is not our only shining knight, and we are
targeting others, contingency plans including some WC talls who wont get a regular game in the firsts.
I know I will get abused by some, but could make all the difference having depth in the key position areas.

Don't think they can make an announcement until FA period actually starts but i am sure there will be official unofficial announcements made by Damien Barrett et al

So 3rd of October is when free agency starts? Hoping to hear something before that date, we owe Melbourne one over M Clark, and this may still
pan out the same way.

The way it's turned out with Mitch, we owe Melbourne a favour not a payback. I wanted him badly at the time, but he is a shocker.

Air New Zealand have purchased the new Boeing that is made from Carbon Fibre and has larger windows , it also has the ability to bring air into the aircraft from outside thus reducing fatigue . Noise levels are reduced as well . At $135,000,000 .00 its just a little bit outside the budget ATM
The old 767 was being offered at a bargain basement price of $40,000,000.00 by Quantas again we need our training facilities first .

All commercial aircraft use bleed air from one of the engines to pressurise the cabin. The new 787 that AirNZ uses has a higher humidity that is allowed for by the composite materials used its construction. I doubt Freo could afford to run a 767 as its annual costs would far exceed our current profit margin. Added to which they are all being retired due to high running costs.

Oh and current list price for a 787-8 (cheapest model) is 212 million or roughly 40 years of current profit...maybe not the best investment decision

All commercial aircraft use bleed air from one of the engines to pressurise the cabin. The new 787 that AirNZ uses has a higher humidity that is allowed for by the composite materials used its construction. I doubt Freo could afford to run a 767 as its annual costs would far exceed our current profit margin. Added to which they are all being retired due to high running costs.

Oh and current list price for a 787-8 (cheapest model) is 212 million or roughly 40 years of current profit...maybe not the best investment decision
So you're saying go with Airbus instead?

So you're saying go with Airbus instead?

:D:D:D

Well I can say that I think they are more comfortable than their Boeing equivalents but the list price of an A350-800 (Airbus carbon composite aircraft and not yet commercially available) is $260 million, so the Dreamliner is a fair bit cheaper...and a better size for Freo anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way it's turned out with Mitch, we owe Melbourne a favour not a payback. I wanted him badly at the time, but he is a shocker.
Did Collingwood come out and say they are interested? A move here at the time meant playing finals. a two pronged attack would of been handy.
At his best is an upgrade on Z Clarke, hurts me to say that.

I agree that the compensation to clubs losing a player is fair, but I don't think clubs receiving the player should lose picks, as that would prevent a player from being transferred.

Agree. What they could do (dunno if this is the case or not) is allow the free agent to be one of your compulsory three acquisitions each year. Having to use only 2 picks at the draft might also promote further trading to improve your position at the draft.

How in all that is good and holy could they afford him? Unspeakable.
They get a COKSATTOTL allowance that is not publicly disclosed and is outside of the salary cap. (COKSATTOTL is Cost of keeping $ydney at the top of the ladder). Having both $ydney teams at the bottom end of the ladder, just isn't good for business.

Fearing now that Hawthorn will pip us to Frawley. Assuming they will let Lake go or offer him some minimum coin. If the Hawks do come in then i cant see him coming here. Terry Wallace was speaking about Ryan Schoenmakers on the radio yesterday. He said that he was a forward as a junior and has been sent down back because of their injury issues and of course he isnt in front of Roughy etc.

Would he be a guy that we would be interested in? The previous knee seems to have held up this season.

Fearing now that Hawthorn will pip us to Frawley. Assuming they will let Lake go or offer him some minimum coin. If the Hawks do come in then i cant see him coming here. Terry Wallace was speaking about Ryan Schoenmakers on the radio yesterday. He said that he was a forward as a junior and has been sent down back because of their injury issues and of course he isnt in front of Roughy etc.

Would he be a guy that we would be interested in? The previous knee seems to have held up this season.

I don't understand what people are basing this on? Frawley nor his manager or family has said a single thing.
Basically the media is drawing the conclusion that becuase Hawthorn are interested in him that he automatically goes there.

Other then the media speculating and the fact that he is Victorian there is nothing to suggest Hawthorn are the front runner. I for one doubt they are offering the cash that Freo and Geelong are.

I don't understand what people are basing this on? Frawley nor his manager or family has said a single thing.
Basically the media is drawing the conclusion that becuase Hawthorn are interested in him that he automatically goes there.

Other then the media speculating and the fact that he is Victorian there is nothing to suggest Hawthorn are the front runner. I for one doubt they are offering the cash that Freo and Geelong are.

Geelong are in for Clark hence why i ruled them out or at least think they'll let him go. People are basing this on the media talking big about Hawthorn being interested. As i said IF the Hawks come in for him then it will make our bid to get him harder?

Geelong are in for Clark hence why i ruled them out or at least think they'll let him go. People are basing this on the media talking big about Hawthorn being interested. As i said IF the Hawks come in for him then it will make our bid to get him harder?

Wouldn't have thought Clark would make a difference to Geelongs position on Frawley, they play opposite ends of the ground. Clarks deal will most likely be two years and around 250-300k, so not likely to affect Frawley.
Of course it makes it harder for us, but it doesn't rule us our like a lot of people seem to think.

On Schoenmakers, i would certainly be interested. But whats he worth? I wouldn't be willing to deal anything above our third for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back