Strategy Should we trade Dangerfield?

Should we trade Dangerfield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard one as no one is untradable although some come very close.

Danger is the cream on the cake to any midfield but IMO he is not necessarily part of the foundations below the cream, ie the cake itself.

If an offer of an A grade player that could be used to lay solid foundations for years to come plus a first round pick was on offer then the AFC would have to seriously consider it.

If the AFC thinks he will walk next year then they would look at lesser offers but only if they think he plans to leave. Rightly or wrongly he is worth plenty atm.

Geez, listening to Rowe on AA. FFS he went off his nut over Roo's comments. Christ basic listening comprehension fail:
"I didn't say there'd be no chance, and I didn't say we'd trade him. What I said was we have to get everything right so that it's a fair call to ask him to stay long term"

Apparently that means "I did say we'd trade him". Give me strength, the "I didn't say there'd be no chance" was in response to being asked if there was no chance of Danger leaving. Of course there is a chance.

Rowe going off like he thinks this mean Roo is saying Danger is on the block. How can someone so stupid get a job being paid to talk?

Christ, even Bone understood what Roo was saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brisbane offered Aish (pick 7) + pick 4 for Danger, let alone throwing in someone else they should be dropped from the comp. No way Danger is worth 2 top 10 picks.
If you read the above post. The suggestion was Pick 4 + Aish for Dangerfield + later pick or fringe player.

He won't be traded. And I wouldn't trade him for 2 lots of potential, let alone us have to give you something extra as well! He is a star of the comp: Aish and Pick 4 are maybes

Yere I can't see him being traded or leaving, not this year anyways. But who knows what Sydney is cooking up next year?

I don't know anything at all except to say if a gun player who is out of contract next year had a coffee with another teams coach you can't tell me his current position was not talked about.

What he said on the footy show about meeting clarkson is an out and out lie. As if they never spoke about that and just the international rules. Honestly they think we are all idits!
Not sure whether I know what an idit is , so I cannot comment.

Yere I can't see him being traded or leaving, not this year anyways. But who knows what Sydney is cooking up next year?
Loyal Lion how has Aish settled in up there?

To me he seems like the next in line after Kernahan, Pavlich and Gibbs - the much coveted South Australian that we swoon over every trade period but never land.

I haven't actually heard a word in the media from him except when he got the rising star nomination. Not unusual for a young player I guess but we also don't really hear much from Brisbane anyway. Does he live with other Lions player(s)? Has there been any talk about getting him on a longer term contract earlier than usual?

Back