Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK here's what I really think:

1. I can't think of one example of where a senior director of coaching/young coach setup has worked. Maybe there is, but I can't think of one
2. We tore a hole in the fabric of the club in the way we dispatched Sando. Brutal. Now we have to repair it even stronger by getting in someone to make it worthwhile
3. Taking a flyer on an unproven rookie coach wasn't worth sacking sando. Why lose a guy who probably doesn't have it to replace him with a guy who probably doesn't have it. Rookie coaches have a draft pick like success rate

Now I'm not saying it's the wrong call on Sando, but surely we had a contingency already in play? I hate the idea we're hostages to fortune, that doesn't seem worth what we did
you're absolutely correct, which is why I'll choose to believe that the "oh well I rang Goodwin to tell him he was in the running" etc rubbish is all a ruse until proven otherwise.

This has been my position since the get go. I just can't believe Roo would pin his name to actions that end up looking like amateur hour.

Surely there is a plan in place
You would bloody well hope so, but if there is not an announcement soon after the Grand Final I'm afraid we may all be headed for a major disappointment. Whilst I'm not against Bassett it would still seem to be a major anti climax if he gets the gig as clearly he's not part of a "contingency" plan.

Brisbane made a big thing about how ruthless they were last year, they made the tough calls and Voss had to go. They we're going to land their big fish

But like the amateur *s that they were, they just looked incompetent. A board challenge came cause they were so ******* stupid about it.

Talked tough but didn't have the fish in the bag.

Please God don't let this be true of us too.

Sando had to go, our hand was forced..
We didn't do it to be smart arses thinking we were going to grab a big fish..
Now we grab the best fit for us..

Brisbane thought Roos was a strong chance to join them, but he told them I'm not agreeing to come while you have another coach..
They sacked Voss and he said no in the end..

Guys I think you're wrong.

If Sando wasn't the guy, he didn't stop being the guy at the very last minute.

And all we've done is talk tough about were all about results now.
shhh, these are the precious few weeks of the year we have to feel optimistic about something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather have Bassett or dew as assistant.
Blokes like sumich Tudor Blakey caracella are much more ready than they are.
If it's not Clarkson I'd expect it to be one of those 4.

Can not imagin Fred coming back to the Crows as an assistant.

Mid 2014, the Crows are still looking for a strategy and innovation coach. Decide not to fill the role.

Mid 2014, Alistair Clarkson has a health scare, may have cause to consider stepping down from senior coaching role at the end of the year? Manager makes some inquiries about jobs available.

And the stars align.

(Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?)

Seeing as this is the norwood thread, was much made of the port goal that was called a point?
Looked like a goal on the replay but i wasn't standing on the goal post like the umpire to get the best view...

Heard nothing more about it.

Seeing as this is the norwood thread, was much made of the port goal that was called a point?
I think the ump got that one right, I think the TV angle misrepresented the depth of the kick and that it came back after going over the goal line.

happy to trust the guy standing under it, that's the risk you always run kicking it so high ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back