Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

morgoth

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Beams to Brisbane for pick 4
Pick 4 to Crows
One of Broom, Kennedy or Brown to Crows
Danger to Pies

Or you could be smart and wait till next year and get him for nothing (assuming the crows don't match).

Personally I would be very wary of giving up the farm for Danger, love watching him play but I fear he will age quickly as the battering his body takes must be taking a toll on him.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Pick 4 to Crows
Danger to Pies

Or you could be smart and wait till next year and get him for nothing (assuming the crows don't match).

Personally I would be very wary of giving up the farm for Danger, love watching him play but I fear he will age quickly as the battering his body takes must be taking a toll on him.

Beams will get more than pick 4 from Brisbane

Buena

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2009
Adelaide Hills, SA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool; Brisbane Roar
Comparing Billy Ray & U2? So you're saying that both Danger & Darcy Moore are washed up hacks who have done nothing relevant for decades??
Harsh call. Darcy hasn't even been alive for decades.

MightyPies1

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pick 4 to Crows
Danger to Pies

I'm glad you're not our list manager, we are getting reamed in this trade. :thumbsdown:

morgoth

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I'm glad you're not our list manager, we are getting reamed in this trade. :thumbsdown:

I can tell you now that this is what it would take (or something very close).

Crows have him under contract and will only move him for a killer deal. Yes they might lose him for a first round pick next year but they might keep him.

Crows fans will go mental if they let him go cheap.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus

Crows have him under contract and will only move him for a killer deal. Yes they might lose him for a first round pick next year but they might keep him.

And I'll Go mental if we lose Beams for that

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC

We're not going to trade for him this year. As you said next year he costs $$$ only. I think the fact he's getting bashed around so much might lead him to think a move to a better midfield will prolong his career.

I can't see him leaving the Crows though. We're saving our coin for J.Cameron, IMO.

MightyPies1

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

You can tell me that then I'll tell you you don't know what you're talking about.

Dangerfield is one of the best players in the comp and will not come cheap. Beams is also one of the best players in the comp and he also won't come cheap. They are worth about the same, a young and highly promising youngster in Broomhead or Kennedy would in no way be the steak knives if there was believed to be a gap in this trade.

Smoothness

Senior List
Dec 15, 2011
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
We're not going to trade for him this year. As you said next year he costs $$$ only. I think the fact he's getting bashed around so much might lead him to think a move to a better midfield will prolong his career.

I can't see him leaving the Crows though. We're saving our coin for J.Cameron, IMO.
Yeah but cameron hasnt proved himself yet.Blue chip players you cant ignore

Aug 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Melb Victory
Pick 4 to Crows
Danger to Pies

Why would we give up Beams for an inferior player and throw in a good player as well?

Back