2014 season

Remove this Banner Ad

The video looked pretty clear cut. Was the not guilty an attempt to get off on a technicality? Or was it a simple case of using the chew baca defence.

Thinking of playing in this comp in 2015. Could somebody give me some feedback on the good clubs and clubs to avoid??

from Melbourne however live in yarra now. pretty keen to get an idea of the standard of footy compared to O & M or even EDFL down in melbourne.

Cheers

Thinking of playing in this comp in 2015. Could somebody give me some feedback on the good clubs and clubs to avoid??

from Melbourne however live in yarra now. pretty keen to get an idea of the standard of footy compared to O & M or even EDFL down in melbourne.

Cheers

The comp is getting stronger all the time. It's a step down from the O&M but a lot of good players getting around. Today's paper said Mitta United are playing in their 30th Grand Final this weekend and Kiewa their opponents have also played in a fair few too. Most clubs in the comp seem to be good places to play and have good supporters but odds are if you go to one of those two clubs you'll play in a final pretty soon.

Cheers
Depends what you're after in your footy I guess. Obviously O&M is better standard of football, but what you'll get in the Tallangatta League is a very strong competition in terms of player numbers and crowds. Also, despite being a team of 12 country sides, you will also get a very even league relative to others (O&M) and definitely lots of passion. I wouldn't say there are any clubs to avoid, but certainly if you want success the above mentioned teams are the best shot. Living in Yarra though, Wahgunyah or Rutherglen would be your best bet.

Cheers

If you're chasing a top dollar you may aswell head to thurgoona, it's an open cheque book there, only downfall is that they don't know how to win finals...

If you're chasing a top dollar you may aswell head to thurgoona, it's an open cheque book there, only downfall is that they don't know how to win finals...

How much do Thurgoona spend? & how do you know, im curious?

How much do Thurgoona spend? & how do you know, im curious?

It's not rocket science, players like Goode, Fowler, Bush,Brown x 2 , Cross wouldn't be the cheapest of recruits one would think. Just between these players I believe you would be looking at 60k+... fair call?

It's not rocket science, players like Goode, Fowler, Bush,Brown x 2 , Cross wouldn't be the cheapest of recruits one would think. Just between these players I believe you would be looking at 60k+... fair call?

Ok, if that is true, (which it wouldnt be because all money talk in country footy is rubbish because its mainly people raising the price it make a story sound better) would those 6 players be money more well spent then bradshaws x 2 who are on "reportedly" more money then them?

I hate money talk because there is NO evidence to back it up, please get the clubs books & get back to me with accurate figures?

Moving on 8 weeks, harsh or fair? Mellier will miss half a season!
My tip this week mighty mitta by 5goals, to much strength around the ground, reynoldson BOG, absolute star!
Looking forward to a great weekend?

8 weeks is a lot but the evidence is there. Flip of the coin tomorrow, best bet is a huge crowd and many beers consumed. Enjoy

Cracking game at Sandy Creek today. The result in the end was pretty fitting because Kiewa has sat on top of the ladder for most of the year. Luke Norton-Smith was dominant in the ruck and gave Kiewas onballers first crack at the footy which made it hard for Mittas guns to get involved at the centre bounces. When Mitta did have the ball they often made the mistake of not getting it in long because Dave Paton was looking unstoppable up forward. Cammo played a great first and last quarter and he sealed the game with his two late goals. Deserving winner of the medal but it could easily have gone to Jason Bartel, Tim & Dane Hallinan, Luke Norton-Smith or Jye Shields. Jarrod Gorupic was easily Mittas best with Dave Paton dangerous whenever it went near him.
Both sides seem to have enough young players to suggest that they will be challenging again next year which isn't great news for the rest of the competition.

Pretty average write up in the paper today, didn't really articulate the fantastic football on display in the game I thought. Great game, shame about the result though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that Jason Sheather got moved on at Thurgoona? Is that right? They probably have a lot of players inside the club who could step up to coach like Bush, Fowler, Brown.

Heard that Jason Sheather got moved on at Thurgoona? Is that right? They probably have a lot of players inside the club who could step up to coach like Bush, Fowler, Brown.

Correct, he got sacked on Friday before their presentation night, which seems strange timing. He was also keen to go again, but after years of falling at the last step he had to be moved on.

Correct, he got sacked on Friday before their presentation night, which seems strange timing. He was also keen to go again, but after years of falling at the last step he had to be moved on.

Very interesting, i also did hear he stood aside & then put his hat back in the ring. It will be interesting to see what Fowler & Bush do if Sheather did get the flick?
My tip will be K.Brown to coach if they are looking internally. Will be interesting to see how they approach it.
Who won Thurgoona's b&f? & other clubs as well?

Very interesting, i also did hear he stood aside & then put his hat back in the ring. It will be interesting to see what Fowler & Bush do if Sheather did get the flick?
My tip will be K.Brown to coach if they are looking internally. Will be interesting to see how they approach it.
k.brown won senior b/f and reserves was won by a 16 year old luke gerecke heard he only played about 13 reserves games and the rest in seniors.

Sam Bowers got up in Rutherglens

Good to see Scott Montgomery given an opportunity to coach at the wodonga Saints, very astute footy brain, will be interesting to see if he can land some big fish in coming weeks...

Good to see Scott Montgomery given an opportunity to coach at the wodonga Saints, very astute footy brain, will be interesting to see if he can land some big fish in coming weeks...
He's going to need to land plenty of fish now with the mass exodus, most going with Jaensch to Walla.
Saints can't take a trick finally get financial and just can't keep the list together.
I hope Montgomery comes in and is successful.
Weak as piss everyone leaving when they are just starting to get it together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back