Tapatalk - To be removed between now and the end of Trade Period 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't come on this site half as much since you killed tapatalk. As I can't check it in a meeting or on the way to a meeting, I don't get sucked in to threads anymore. I would hazard to guess others are the same and it is costing you traffic.

I don't come on this site half as much since you killed tapatalk. As I can't check it in a meeting or on the way to a meeting, I don't get sucked in to threads anymore. I would hazard to guess others are the same and it is costing you traffic.
Yup, i read a few threads on my phone browser every now and then, and the mobile site is actually decent, but it simply doesn't compare to tapatalk.

Seemed to run pretty well last night I thought!
There was a fair bit of managing servers and we lost the forum home page for a little while. But we know now why that happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather than starting a new thread on a Tapatalk issue I thought I'd ask here.

Is anyone else getting server errors from Tapatalk when posting?

It started this morning for me on both my phone and tablet (both Android) when replying to posts - the reply is actually posted - will grab a screenshot when I submit this post and edit it in.

ysymetem.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That should be fixed now

JB, Not sure if this is an issue for you or the Tapatalk gurus but there seems to be a limit for how many 'likes' a post will display when browsing via Tapatalk. And for whatever reason that arbitrary number is 5. It's probably been happening on Tapa for a good year now.

Essentially I might be reading a thread on the main board: post A has 10 likes, post B has 8 likes, post C has 3 likes and post D has 5 likes, but the likes will appear as 5, 5, 3, 5 respectively. It makes it a little harder to gauge what is actually a popular opinion or not.

Any ideas?

JB, Not sure if this is an issue for you or the Tapatalk gurus but there seems to be a limit for how many 'likes' a post will display when browsing via Tapatalk. And for whatever reason that arbitrary number is 5. It's probably been happening on Tapa for a good year now.

Essentially I might be reading a thread on the main board: post A has 10 likes, post B has 8 likes, post C has 3 likes and post D has 5 likes, but the likes will appear as 5, 5, 3, 5 respectively. It makes it a little harder to gauge what is actually a popular opinion or not.

Any ideas?
I haven't noticed this, I can report it to the developers or you can if you like.

I get that same problem with the 5 likes. As you said, pretty annoying when you want to see how popular a post is. Never had that issue with the older version of Tapatalk.

I keep getting (maybe 1 a day) notifications for threads that I'm not involved in. Not sure why, maybe they are hot topics or something. It comes up with a different icon, I'll remember to grab a screen shot next time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back