Brownlow Medal 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely it's time for Brownlow observers at each match. The umps obviously have no idea when Dangermouse can actually get within five votes of winning when he shouldn't have been within a bull's roar. Might be an idea to update the 3,2,1 voting system too. There will always be more than just 3 best players. Of course you can't award votes all the way or it cheapens some of the votes but 4,3,2,1 seems to give more latitude.

WoeWoddis

No, Priddis deserved his medal. Although he did fall in with Ablett's injury and Fyfe's suspensions, at least he wasn't given undeserved votes like Woewodin. Most football scribes will agree that Woewodin's Brownlow was one of the greater travesties of that medal.

Well done to Boak too. He did very well. Lets hope he can bag one over the next few years

He's just gone up in my books. So humble. So humbled. Seems like a nice fellow.

He looked like he was in shock around round 20 that he was at the top of the leaderboard.
Unlikely he would have rated himself at all as a potential winner.

Not unhappy with the win but they really need to rename it. There's no way he's the 'best' player in the AFL this year.

The Freo board will be in meltdown
yeah thats what I was thinking luckily they can console themselves with the fact that he is a decent person if that 'thing' from the Cows had won we wouldnt have had the same luxury. :eek: had to use this emoticon couldnt find the spew one to express my emotion

yeah the last few years of brownlows seem to be

high profile + previous good year + not too many vote stealers

= brownlow.

people talk about priddis being under-rated , but when people have been talking about a player being under-rated for years now to the point no-one under rates him and he stands out on the footy field , i wouldnt call him under-rated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was for the death of the Brownlow. Surely this is it for this joke of an award.

Just proves umpires can't interprete the rules of the game, the game itself, or the one-syllable instructions on how to vote for the 3 best players after the game. The most farcical brownlow medal count I can ever remember.

Not just because Gray won it, but the Coaches' award is the only award that means anything to me and has been 2004. Voted for by individuals who really watch the players playing the game, not watching for who has taken a mark or given away a free kick.

Well done Matt Priddis, a really true honest footballer who deserved to win. Nearly threw up when Dangerfield won, but Boaky and Gray will be noticed more next year, so get your bets on now!

I'm putting early $$ on Ben Newton for next year's Brownlow.

And it's indisputable that Sanderson wouldn't have survived tonight if he hadn't been unceremoniously sacked last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back