Analysis Brownlow Medal banter - frock-up, raise that Crownie and join us for all the glamour

Matt Stevic

Privileged White Cis Male Scumbag
Oct 29, 2012
Maryborough VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels, Arsenal, The Exers
Happy for Matt Priddis. Does work his guts out and gets no media.
Doesn't even get any love from his own supporters. A good honest player, which is more than we can say for Selwood, Franklin, Judd and Ablett.

Congrats.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but between Buddy, Kennedy and McGlynn they polled more votes than all Hawthorn FC players combined. Heck not only the Syds 1, 2 and 3 but our best poll drew the same votes as the MyGlynn

The ultimate troll

How the * did we have an almost identical home and away season :confused:

So three ex Hawthorn players polled more for the Swans than all pf players put together?

Hilarious. But there in might lie the key why we have a very good chance this weekend.

May 29, 2010
The Tree Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
SF 49ers, Arsenal
I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but between Buddy, Kennedy and McGlynn they polled more votes than all Hawthorn FC players combined. Heck not only the Syds 1, 2 and 3 but our best poll drew the same votes as the MyGlynn

The ultimate troll

Just means that we are a more even team which is a good thing. I also think we had a tougher fixture and some close ones where opposition players polled well. Sydney had more games against the minnows but having said that I don't see our blokes trying to get cheap stats when playing lesser teams. Bottom line is we play better team footy and have less reliance on the few.

I really feel for Shane Woewodin. The poor bloke did bugger all in his career and the only thing he achieved was "Worst Brownlow medal winner of all time", but now that's been ripped from around his neck and given to a vanilla, nothing player.

On the plus side. Jonathan Simpkin has just realised he's a chance for the 2015 Brownlow.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Congrats Matt Pridis. I don't know how you did it, but I am happy for you, and happy the favs didn't win.
That's the individual award out of the way, now for the team award. Go Hawks; A repeat of round 18 would be delicious.

Glasgow Hawk

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Toronto Maple Leafs

The ultimate troll

So three ex Hawthorn players polled more for the Swans than all pf players put together?

Hilarious. But there in might lie the key why we have a very good chance this weekend.

18 different vote getters amongst the Hawks! That's an amazing effort, even if I don't really rate the Brownlow.

That there says it all.. Speaks absolute volumes.
I'm not sure how many we have played this year, but 18 vote getters would have to be around half of the players this year.
A Champion TEAM..

Back