Analysis Brownlow Medal banter - frock-up, raise that Crownie and join us for all the glamour

Remove this Banner Ad

That there says it all.. Speaks absolute volumes.
I'm not sure how many we have played this year, but 18 vote getters would have to be around half of the players this year.
A Champion TEAM..
As someone else has said, 18 vote winners! Sydney had 11. That's possiblky the difference in the two sides. Greater depth means the workload is shared amongst more players with less damage if someone has a shocker. I'm beginning to think we can do this.

Well done to Matt Priddis.
I think Hawthorn polled the second most team votes with 91 while $ydney had 96,

Very happy that no $ydney players won the Brownlow :)

To raise a hypothetical question - not a troll - where would Priddis sit in our side? For me, he'd be battling Sewell or Langford. He would have the better of Sewell (who cannot be understated) but it's almost as if you'd rather Langford in there with his drive and enthusiasm for the contest at such a young age.

Anyone else have thoughts on this and care to waste some time drawing a comparison?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To raise a hypothetical question - not a troll - where would Priddis sit in our side? For me, he'd be battling Sewell or Langford. He would have the better of Sewell (who cannot be understated) but it's almost as if you'd rather Langford in there with his drive and enthusiasm for the contest at such a young age.

Anyone else have thoughts on this and care to waste some time drawing a comparison?

He's ordinary. Gets a 1000 touches a year because no one cares enough to try and stop him.

I think we are being a bit rough on priddis
Works his guts out for the eagles and will never die wondering. A very unassuming Mr nice guy who I think is a worthy winner
It's also not his fault that
1. Ablett elected to retire his season early
2. Kennedy strained a hammie
3. Dangerfield finally got votes taken off him by a guy who should of led his team votes in sloane
4. Boak copped Crowley in the last game
And finally
5. Sydney rested buddy so that he didn't get reported

It was a close contest all night and any of the above could of won it - my favourite moment was realising that selwood's whinging doesn't go unnoticed by the umps and he didn't romp it home like the media predicted.

I think we are being a bit rough on priddis
Works his guts out for the eagles and will never die wondering. A very unassuming Mr nice guy who I think is a worthy winner
It's also not his fault that
1. Ablett elected to retire his season early
2. Kennedy strained a hammie
3. Dangerfield finally got votes taken off him by a guy who should of led his team votes in sloane
4. Boak copped Crowley in the last game
And finally
5. Sydney rested buddy so that he didn't get reported

It was a close contest all night and any of the above could of won it - my favourite moment was realising that selwood's whinging doesn't go unnoticed by the umps and he didn't romp it home like the media predicted.
Do you remember the last time Priddis ever took over a game and dominated to the point where you thought he was a superstar? He's a good, honest trier and nothing more. Before the night's count, did you honestly think he was a standout player this year?

Actually a shame no-one from Sydney won it as their top 3 were all former Hawks... but also because blokes who take a Brownlow medallist into the GF have been known to have quiet games

seriously

Do you remember the last time Priddis ever took over a game and dominated to the point where you thought he was a superstar? He's a good, honest trier and nothing more. Before the night's count, did you honestly think he was a standout player this year?

No and if the other scenarios I listed hadn't occurred he probably wouldn't have won - I just think it's wrong to diminish his win through no fault of his own - he is no superstar but he never puts in less than 100% and the umps recognised that.

899948-09c71622-422e-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Not sure if this is a photo of Mr and Mrs Juddy at the count. or a photo of the top of their wedding cake.
BLOODY EAT SOMETHING WOMAN!!!

I've been saying for years that the umpires are absolutely clueless so its nice to have that vindicated once again.

Purely for shits and giggles I've compiled a list to illustrate my feelings toward the result.

Current Hawthorn Midfielders Who's Careers I Rate Ahead Of Matt Priddis
Mitchell
Lewis
Sewell
Hodge
Burgoyne

Current Hawthorn Players More Damaging With Ball In Hand Than Matt Priddis
Roughead
Lewis
Suckling
Mitchell
Burgoyne
Hill
Birchall
Hodge
Smith
Gunston
Bruest
Shiels
Puopolo
Langford
Litherland
Simpkin
Rioli
Woodward
Anyone on Next Year's Rookie List

Current Hawthorn Players Who Handballed As Much As Matt Priddis This Year
Nil

Current Hawthorn Players With Hair as Curly As Matt Priddis
Nil

I was disappointed Danger didn't manage to win. His drunken acceptance speech would have been gold! I noticed he switched to water when he realised he was in the running.

What a bizarre Brownlow. The TAB must've made a killing (more than usual).

Lots of players batting above their average.

I was very pleased when Selwood, Kennedy & Franklin were out of contention. :D

Was happy for Priddis to win it outright in the end. Seems like a good bloke.

The Hawks polled pretty much as expected for mine. Hodge and Mitch now hold the record for teammates who have polled in the most games together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back