Mega Thread Congratulations Matt Priddis

Remove this Banner Ad

Just catching up with the news. This is truly LOL stuff.

I actually rate Priddis as a good solid player who has had a good year. Unlike many, I really do rate him, but he's no 'best player of the year'.

If ever you wanted proof this award is a powder puff of a thing, this is it.

Time for the media to start raising the profile of the AFLCA award so we can start enjoying a far more credible MVP award system which is worthy of the game overall.

EDIT: After being responded to I realise this reads worse than I meant. Pridis is a worthy winner, I just think this shows that the Brownlow is not categorically the 'best player of the year' award as the media/AFL fraternity like to portray. It's more of a a "well done to one of many good players" award ... or something like that. :)o_O

Last edited:
It's a footy forum for discussion fella. If you don't like my opinion, feel free to debate it with me or ignore it.

I won't just 'let it go' because you don't agree with it.
Yawn

Eagles fans. (RE: All Australian this year)

ByI8aQXCQAAjo-q.png:large

ByI9PXrCcAAPQbE.png:large

first tagger to win the brownlow?

s**t, you don't watch much football. He ain't a tagger.

The Brownlow is what it is, and people wonder why it throws up a questionable winner sometimes.

Each game, there's only 3 vote getters and only 3-2-1 to distribute. It's not much to play with. A massive game from a star player in a big match is judged the same as a consistent performer in a game where there's not that many stand outs. It's not hard to see why occassionally someone unexpected wins. Hell, most years the favourite doesn't win.

Congrats to Matt Priddis. Consistent footballer. Works his tail off and gets noticed as such. Not a superstar but a very good player. He's harshly judged because he's pretty much the best midfielder (at least in terms of consistency) we've got. If he was part of a stellar midfield, he'd be talked about as being a massively underrated cog in a well-drilled machine. Plays with what he's got and deserves his kudos.

Something that people forget about the Brownlow is that there are two criteria not just the best but also the FAIREST. If you act like a knob on the field or are suspended which fyfe was fair and square the 2nd time then you do not deserve it.
Priddis 2nd in AFL for Clearances, 1st for disposals and 3rd for tackles. The bloke has been one of the hardest working players in the comp for years.
Good things come to those who wait. Congratulations Matt priddis great guy. Great player. Not an all time great but a player who should be highly regarded and respected nonetheless.

A workhorse player. Tries his heart out week in week out, never complains just gets on with the business. Overlooked in x4 drafts but kept working on his game to be the best player he could be. Of course he isn't the most talented but plays to his strengths and controls the things he can- professionalism, work ethic, trains like a warrior, encourages the youngsters and desire to win the footy...

Sad to see posters not give the guy credit. Im sure you`ve all got skilful/ naturally gifted players who you just wish had the heart of Priddis?!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE PRIDDA!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um a nothing stat? Votes have generally been harder to get in 'average' sides too. Was just how the year worked out. Priddis had a terrific season and is a worthy winner.

Disposals by themselves are a nothing stat, but it would make sense that Umpires have the same thought you had just there that

"oh he had lots of the ball he must have been good"

Votes havent always been harder in average sides we've seen it before when Judd won over Swan, an average / above average season by a midfielder in a team with noone taking votes off him wins the Brownlow.

It's ironic that all Sydney posters in this thread are bagging Priddis.

Is it because:

A) You don't understand what a champion clubman looks like?
B) You were angry that the selfish s**t people players you purchased off us didn't win?
C) You are sore losers

Get ready for a wake up call this Saturday. Can't wait to show you what was written on my under 10's clubroom wall.

'A champion team will always beat a team of champions.'

Get ready to EAD Sydney.

Lol'd. Not only Sydney supporters bagging Priddis. All I smell is sour grapes from you that Sydney took your Buddy.

Well spoken and very humble, Danger was acting like a pissed bogan with a microphone in his hand !!!
I just don't get it. People hate that players trot out cliches all the time these days, yet criticise blokes like Danger for having a bit of a laugh. Can't win either way.

I'm not a hater cause I don't hate Priddis by any means. I just don't think he's the greatest player in the competititon.

I mean, I love my mum and think she's pretty special at times. But is she the greatest mum in world? Hell no, too many flaws.

She does work hard though, so if she keeps her head down and keeps being a mum she may win the Greatest Mum in the World Award. Apparently that's how things work these days. Especially if she moves next door to the judges.

A workhorse player. Tries his heart out week in week out, never complains just gets on with the business. Overlooked in x4 drafts but kept working on his game to be the best player he could be. Of course he isn't the most talented but plays to his strengths and controls the things he can- professionalism, work ethic, trains like a warrior, encourages the youngsters and desire to win the footy...

Sad to see posters not give the guy credit. Im sure you`ve all got skilful/ naturally gifted players who you just wish had the heart of Priddis?!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE PRIDDA!!!

I'm sure you do too.

Unless Ablett held on, it was going to go to a guy that didn't really have a 'Brownlow' sort of year from his first game to his last, compared to other recent winners. Selwood was the clear favourite and I think you could argue that it's been his worst year since 2009. But you can only beat the field that you're in and Priddis managed to do that. Good for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back