Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

But it's not just the best player. Its designed to award the best most consistent player. Franklin, kennedy, ablett all missed games. Selwood had weeks where he did nothing. Boak and dangerfield also had quiet games, it happens.

Congratulate him. He had a good year. Let him have his moment. And he is a rookie player. Not sure how much he is paid but it would be nowhere near ablett and franklin. Its good for the game for a hard working player to win than some stuck up arsehole with natural talent

This has nothing to do with Fyfe.

If anyone thinks that Matthew Priddis is the best player in the competition this year or overall you're mad.
Lol many things u dont understand....1. the brownlow has very rarely been won by the best player in the comp. 2. The best player in the comp was injured the whole back end of the year, so the winner was never going to be "the best player" arguably the second best in buddy missed games as well, and the third in fyfe was suspended.

fc,550x550,cranberry.u1.jpg

Congrats to Priddis. Can't blame the bloke for being voted BOG more than anyone else. Had a solid season and was clearly BOG for West Coast consistently through the seasons as voted by the umps. Shows just how important he is to the West Coast midfield.

Not sure why so many people are up in arms about it. The rules have been the same for a long time.

Best.Brownlow.Ever
Agreed, who needs the GF now lol.

Really awkward though.

Well done to Priddis though, loved him since Day 1. Big fan. But I will admit, I smirked when his win set in. In the moment, its so awesome and awkward, but when the dust settles this makes 2014 very worthwhile for Eagles fans, no doubt.

Not even going to try and pretend priddis is the best player in the comp but I'm ecstatic he won. Great bloke who has extracted every bit of talent he has. Plenty of others could take a leaf out of his book

Good on you matty

Has Spudis ever being tagged? What a farce he won it lol

No All Australian as well lmao

I feel for the bloke because he knows whats coming his way.
Why bother, He's going to win a truckload of ball and butcher a third of his disposal, might as well play with a 5 man bench if you want a bloke to tag out priddis, he's still going to do what he does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why bother, He's going to win a truckload of ball and butcher a third of his disposal, might as well play with a 5 man bench if you want a bloke to tag out priddis, he's still going to do what he does
He's still gonna do what he does. By this you mean, win brownlows???

the brownlow medal doesn't make you the best player in the comp..some teams have 1-3 elite players stealing votes from each other, who polled west coasts second highest vote? I'd imagine it wasn't that high but besides all that well deserved bit unlucky to make AA.

This is why the umpires shouldn't be given stat sheets before they vote on this.
Good player but Brownlow medalist? Doesn't sit right with me. Good on him though.
Highest possi getter in the AFL for 2014 with the 3rd most tackles.

Stats look pretty good to me. He wins it.
Doesn't win it tackles someone.

Disposal isn't elite but pretty much everything else is including his hair.

What I love about Spud
Dockers supporters are in meltdown

um no. I think every club supporters are because the best player didn't win the brownlow.

Nat Fyfe, Franklin, Kennedy, Boak etc... were deserving winners.

How do you not get picked for AA, but win the brownlow.

Eagle fans were calling for his head end of season and now he supposedly the best player in the comp lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back